Extraction is Dead, Long Live Dirty Bomb

(badman) #1

A new blog post has been added:

Extraction is Dead, Long Live Dirty Bomb

Remember when Dirty Bomb went to PAX last year and came back as Extraction? Yeah, about that…

Long story short, the game’s back to being called Dirty Bomb. This not only better reflects its personality, but also ensures that we have a single, consistent name across the globe. On top of that, we get to use #PlayDirty on Twitter (#LetsExtract just didn’t quite have the same ring to it - well, except for dentists, maybe). If you want to find out more about the rebrand, check out the official press release.

To celebrate this name un-change, Nexon’s teaser website for the game has received a fresh coat of paint and beta sign-ups have reopened. If you want to help us test Dirty Bomb, get on over there and put your name down for a chance to be part of the beta.

In related news, Nexon have also confirmed that there will be dedicated servers available for Dirty Bomb in North America, Eruope, Australia and New Zealand. Yay.

We’ll have much more news about Dirty Bomb soon. Stay tuned!

(Erkin31) #2

I always called it Dirty Bomb :tongue:

(BrightIs) #3

Good sounds better branding wise, and fits with the artwork. :cool: It also enables greater diversity for objectives as well as better storylines.

It also allows for letters as its nickname i.e. DB , whereas extraction was harder to give an acronym for.

(Dthy) #4

SO many puns with Dirty Bomb and #PlayDirty :smiley:

(Loffy) #5

As long as there are teams, firearms and its online multiplayer \o/
Dirty Bomb, rock on!

(rookie1) #6

In related news, Nexon have also confirmed that there will be dedicated servers available for Dirty Bomb in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Yay.
BomBaKlaK will be happy :wink:

(BomBaKlaK) #7

yeah finally so Nexon is the only server provider ?

(iwound) #8

Super Mario Kart 10 would of been a great name.

seriously though great decision.

(JackPipsam) #9

Good, I liked that name better.

I guess it’s time to #PlayDirty.

(mortis) #11

As it should be…

(twt_thunder) #12

THANK YOU!!! now you catched my interrest again :slight_smile:

(space) #13

Gotta key today thanks to a symathetic player :smiley:

Personally I love the name dirty bomb <3

#LetsGetDirty
#PlayDirty
#DirtyTime
#CallOfDirty

(Slater01) #14

New Zealand - has/will have it’s own Server

Wow, now thats hardcore dedication and service applied to those few Kiwi’s. Way to go Nexon!

(medisin) #15

Definitely a better, catchy name. Good work!

(LaVaGoD) #16

I like Dirty

(lordkosc) #17

I am glad the name was changed back, Extraction just didn’t sound interesting.

(qaesyan) #18

I agree, Dirty Bomb is a much better name.

(IshmaelMC28) #19

splash damage can u ad a New map watch the video he has a map ide pliss splash damage<3

(ZGToRRent) #20

[QUOTE=IshmaelMC28;543595]splash damage can u ad a New map watch the video he has a map ide pliss splash damage<3
https://youtu.be/nK9Im1eP3DI[/QUOTE]

last post in this topic 29th May 2014

Good job man.