State of Play: Game Name, Focus Testing, New Forums, and more

(badman) #1

Hey guys,

Here’s a quick update on what’s happening with the Dirty Bomb Closed Beta. There’s a few different areas to cover off in this one, including the name of the game, what’s happening with focus testing, our next wave of invites, and how the new Nexon forums are coming.

Let’s go:

Game Name: And the winner is…

First off, we’ll be announcing tomorrow that the Extraction name is no more and Nexon will be going with Dirty Bomb as the final name for the game. And yes, this is the final name change. Probably. :slight_smile:

Nexon’s teaser website for the game is now back online as well, complete with the new name and all-new art.

Focus Testing Pt. 2

On the focus testing front, about to change things up slightly. To help us get feedback on each of the maps in the game, we’re going to be moving to a rotating schedule for them.

Each Friday we’ll rotate in a set of two of our maps for you to play, and there’ll be a set of servers running each one. The maps will be available for a week, after which we’ll swap them out for the next two maps. In addition, VIPs will have access to the full map list on special servers.

In addition to this, we’ll be running Stress Test Saturdays where we essentially get as many of you online and playing as possible. There’ll be special events and rewards for being online for these events, ranging from new content, events, competitions, attendance rewards and more. Think of that as our way of saying thank you for your valuable input.

We’re hoping that this schedule will provide the right balance of variety and focus, so do let us know your feedback.

More Players Incoming

Speaking of stress testing, we’ll be sending out a whole bunch of new invites very soon, which should result in plenty of new players coming in. Please go easy on them to start with. :slight_smile:

New Forums Launching Soon

Nexon’s new forums are rapidly nearing the finish line and will be soft-launching in the coming days. This first version will feature all the basics, with a second wave of more advanced features being added in in early June.

We’ll let you know once these new forums are up and running. Once they’re up, please feel free to have a look around and post up your feedback. We will eventually ask everyone to migrate over to the new Nexon forums for beta feedback. The exact timing is still to be decided and will in part depend on your initial feedback after the soft launch.

We’re all in agreement that they need to provide a super-solid experience for all of you, and Nexon will be listening closely to your thoughts there.

This is where things start to get exciting, and we’ll have much more news to share soon about our plans going forward.

Stay tuned!

(davidemo89) #2

We have to change another time forums? :frowning:
I loved this one =D

Can we have keys for friends if they don’t get in the wave? I would love to play with friends =D

(INF3RN0) #3

cool beans, lets do this :slight_smile:

(RasteRayzeR) #4

Pleased to see incentives for stress tests. Sometimes the game is dead even on Saturdays.

Thanks for the news !

(Glottis-3D) #5

What abotu the Game’s Plot and core idea? Is it still oNly London? Is it still only city-locations?

(onYn) #6

Please don´t take away maps from us… If you want to focus on there development and on the feedback on them, tell us we will try and feedback for other maps you can postpone for another week. But taking away maps from us doesn´t only cut the fun, but also limits our feedback skills, because there is less we can relate to.

Dirty Bomb sounds like a cheap CS clone tho, if you ask me. It´s not like this game is only about bombs… even tho it feels as linear because everyone can do everything anyways.

(Bangtastic) #7

The colors of the new website are great, lot more inviting and colourful imo.

(spookify) #8

Take it easy on them? The game has no skill gap and they will come in and do just as good as someone that has been playing for a few months… The people that are waiting for Keys are gamers and have signed up so hopefully one or two more gunplay, netcoding, smoothing and responsivness patches are coming.

Played for 30 minutes last night and still wanted to throw my computer out the window! You want to merc to do something and it seem like there is a 2ms delay in everything… Moving, shooting and aiming…

Collisions still suck! Add push or something…

Still no advanced moves and its basically rlrlr in a gun fight however you max spread then and get so pissed off that you bullets arent hitting I kamikaze with a knife at them because im so mad…

I think before releasing new keys you should try to keep us in the servers first…

(trickykungfu) #9

[QUOTE=spookify;498178]
I think before releasing new keys you should try to keep us in the servers first…[/QUOTE]

big point!

(Ashog) #10

[QUOTE=badman;498154]Hey guys,
Stay tuned![/QUOTE]

Nice! I wanted and was somehow also subconsciously expecting the name swapback to DB, probably hoping that the SD’s common sense would win which it has done.

Regarding the forums, they gotta be reeeal good to make us wanna swap :wink:

Finally some map rotation. Even now I am unsure whether I have earned a permanent vomit reflex after playing same castra-trainyard and castra-waterloo for months! :slight_smile:

Rewards for attendance: if I play every day, canz I deserve a t-shirt for Pytox?

(titan) #11

thx for progress update cant wait for new maps
trainyard waterloo canary are some of the worst maps ive ever played lol

(BomBaKlaK) #12

Main point !

Yeah maps are horrible … maybe some big move on this, but no big hopes …

(Ashog) #13

Hands off canary, it’s mine! :slight_smile:

(onYn) #14

That´s what all of us think… but ironically this is the wrong place if you want your oppinion to be heared ^^

(k0k0nat) #15

i love waterloo :3

(PixelTwitch) #16

I am sorry but my head is baffled…

You do a sprint video showing the changes you have done to a map… Then you get us focus testing the old version… It makes no sense what so ever…
When you change over to the new version all this map focus testing would be for nothing…

(RasteRayzeR) #17

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;498243]I am sorry but my head is baffled…

You do a sprint video showing the changes you have done to a map… Then you get us focus testing the old version… It makes no sense what so ever…
When you change over to the new version all this map focus testing would be for nothing…[/QUOTE]

Unless they want to capture data before and after. In which case it makes sens to probe the level of playability of a map with the latest community input. Then they do the same with the new version.

(PixelTwitch) #18

Thanks dude… making me feel stupid right now…

(RasteRayzeR) #19

You’re welcome :smiley:

(montheponies) #20

Really suggest you get more than a single map per server - that’s just painful. combined with no team balance and it’s a recipe for empty servers.