Please Read: CenterCode Testers and You

(badman) #1

As noted the other day, we’ve got the CenterCode testers around for a little while to help us do targeted load testing. We’d like them to enjoy their time in the game as well and hopefully come away with a couple more fans when their testing period ends.

Unfortunately, a couple of you have been setting new records when it comes to spawn camping and other ungentlemanly activities and that squarely falls in the Not Nice category. We know the game’s still far from release and there are balancing issues that need to be looked at. Until we get a chance to do that, please resist the urge to relentlessly own the CenterCode folks so that they can actually do their job and experience a bit of the game.

Better yet, why not show them the ropes instead? Who knows, some of them might just stick around as players beyond the load testing period. J

Directly related, the next CenterCode load test will take place this Saturday. We’re aiming for a larger group of testers to be joining the game at that point, so expect plenty of full servers.

TLDR: Don’t be a jerk.

(Kl3ppy) #2

It’s a bit a shame that you have to remind not to spawn camp/rape newcomers in a game testing environment …

(RasteRayzeR) #3

will be more gentle from now on with them

(BAMFana) #4

I get what you’re trying to say, but I don’t think it will do much good. I doubt anyone is deliberately trying to make these guys miserable. The problem is simply that the good beta players have to play pistol or even knife only to avoid owning these guys to oblivion. Playing becomes pretty boring when you do that for more than 15 minutes, though, so a “don’t own the new guys” rule will essentially bar the good players from playing when cc guys are on. If you want to avoid having them get stomped over and over, I think it would be better to give them their own passworded servers to join.

(RasteRayzeR) #5

or easier, give us two private servers (for each EU, US and AUS), and leave the rest for the CC guys.

(zeroooo) #6

sorry badman,

these guys are so bad … dont know, maybe they come from world of warcraft or something but they play like they have never played a shooter before… its like putting a very nice choclatte cake infront of a fat child and tell the child that he isnt allowed to eat the cake :smiley:

(prophett) #7

Stay in the back and be a support role for them, rather than lead the charge and bulldoze your way to the end of the map.

(rookie1) #8

[QUOTE=badman;493149]

TLDR: Don’t be a jerk.[/QUOTE]

:=)))

(FireWorks) #9

Thats just your common f2p crowd you are slaughtering there. People that try a game and then decide to stay (wiht their money) or leave. Mostly on first experiences. The competition is huge out there…

What happend to the idea Anti mentioned about excluding abusive players?

(spookify) #10

[QUOTE=FireWorks;493171]Thats just your common f2p crowd you are slaughtering there. People that try a game and then decide to stay or leave. Mostly on first experience. The competion is big out there…

What happend to the idea Anti mentioned about excluding abusive players?[/QUOTE]

Not everyone is F2P

Edit: Maybe the same reason it is a lot more fun to feed in LOL then to actually play LOL. One person in LOL can ruin the whole game but one crappy player in a 6 v 6 will still be a bullet shield and the team can still win. UNLESS and O boy the FF is turned on and he keeps teamkills hahah WOW. Ranked FF xT with a feeder haha I cant wait!

(Dormamu) #11

The first thing to do to accommodate the CenterCode testers would be to turn off the K/D at the end of the match, allowing them to see this, and on top of that for the others to see how many kills they made is like putting them in front of a firing squad. :smiley:
If they see only the Awards and the assists they made, you will make their time spend in-game 2% more pleasant :smiley:

(Hyperg) #12

CC needs to add this to their signup agreement:

“The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you won’t leave spawn, and the sooner you accept that, the sooner you’ll be able to function as a tester’s supposed to function”

(tangoliber) #13

I’m not good enough at the game to be a jerk. :slight_smile:

But hey, I can finally get some kills.

(CHEFS) #14

In the final game, ELO and matchmaking will put you all in very different worlds - that doesn’t exist now. If you are incapable of a bit of compassion & playing nice, it wouldn’t be difficult for me to put all the CC load testing servers behind a password gate & separate the communities. You guys can go back to shooting each other in the face.

I’ve dealt with this every time I’ve had QA play against media to fill an MP server, where the QA guys just can’t help but inflate their EXTREMELY SMALL e-penis & own the media who have never played the game before. This situation is exactly the same, including the e-penis part. So, my advice for all of you who can’t resist the urge is to do to yourselves what I force them to do - invert your mouse.

If you don’t play inverted, invert, if you do, then do the opposite. That should make it MUCH more challenging than pistoling and knifing guys who are standing still. They haven’t learned to strafe & shoot yet, rather than ADS/ironsight. And it’s not their fault, there’s no new user flow in the game yet, so we haven’t taught them. As the OP said, hopefully you would want to grow the community and help the newbs, rather than spawn rape them.

So, if knifing and pistoling is still too easy, invert and try it that way. Better yet, help and teach these guys in the absence of game tutorials.

Just do everyone a solid and please resist the urge to spawnrape dudes during their first exposure to a new game. It’s like getting matchmade against pro-players when you don’t even know the controls…

Regards,

CHEFS

(prettzl) #15

This is the perfect opportunity to remove abusive players from the testing pool.

Frontier justice, be harsh and quick about it or nobody will take warnings for being banned seriously.

I’ve played a handful of rounds with CC players. I was wondering are they not allowed to use the in game chat?

I’ve never had any of them respond to my inquiries of “Is there anything I could help you with?” or even “You can use home or tilde to open the console and type say ‘what you want to say’ to chat.”

(RasteRayzeR) #16

I doubt this will be necessary, spawn killing is quickly boring and you end up leaving the server. Plus badman was really clear with this thread, I’m sure things will work out. If players keep on spawnkilling now that they have been warned about it, then so be it …

[QUOTE=prettzl;493261]I’ve played a handful of rounds with CC players. I was wondering are they not allowed to use the in game chat?

I’ve never had any of them respond to my inquiries of “Is there anything I could help you with?” or even “You can use home or tilde to open the console and type say ‘what you want to say’ to chat.”[/QUOTE]

True that. I tried to speak with them to offer insights or any kind of help, got no answer …

(Mustang) #17

Sadly very few actually type or say anything, makes communication near impossible, no wonder some thought they were just bots.

(FireWorks) #18

My experience in the weekend (where they had multiple servers filled) was a different one. They were chatting with players and other CCs and also even testing the VOIP.

Question number one was how to switch class. You can between the matches in the barracks. Oh
x has left, x has joined <—Side not: I still hate the 3merc limit :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT:
For the shooting part: You can play as their personal medic. Keeping them save and extending what they see of the game. And best: showing them how nice team play is. But remember, they lead the way, you are only the bodyguard following. Even if that means going routes youd not take and doing things youd not do. Giving the lead to a different person can be great exercise for your character :wink:

So let them experience how great this game can feel.

(k0k0nat) #19

Give us an “ALPHA PLAYER SERVER” with FF on.

Problem solved.

(meat) #20

I only thought they were bots before badman made his first post about load testing. And they do talk when they feel they aren’t being used as a tool to improve your K/D ratio.

Try to keep the teams balanced with the CC guys and veteran players, and things will go better. Try playing the objectives will help also, they will see how the objectives are done, and can make a difference for your team.