remove non-punkbuster engine kick for duplicate GUID players

(NovaPrime) #1

Hello, is there a way to turn off (either in .cfg or in source) the in-game duplicate guid kick? I know the risks, and problems associated with allowing this, but I want to do it anyway because I don’t run a client on my server. I am not talking about the PB version of the kick, I know how to turn that off, but I am not running PB anyway.

So the default behavior allows 1 player with no guid to play in the game, if a new player with no guid connects, it kicks the other player, and so on if a new player with no guid connects. So instead of allowing only 1 player with no guid, I want to remove that limit, and allow any and all players with no guid to connect.

If there is a way to bypass it in lua, I would do that also.

Config: server has etpub 1.0, no client, no PB

Danke!

(system) #2

Do set pb_sv_guidrelax 7 inyour config just after pb_sv_enable or you can put it in the command line.
Problem solved.

(NovaPrime) #3

but won’t that require PB to be enabled? Last I checked enabling PB causes its own issues, like extreme lag, which is one of the reasons they dropped support for ET. I don’t think its PB doing the kicks, I think this is from the engine, because right now I have PB off.

(twt_thunder) #4

if you have pb off your game wont show guid to server…

(jemstar) #5

Hi,

I really would like a way to completely stop dup guid kicks as well.

I have set PB_SV_GuidRelax 7 in .cfg

I do not stream to pb

I run NQ1.2.9

constantly have players playing dup guid kick ping pong ie kick rejoin kicked rejoin kick etc

Since new players dont auto get guid and you can tell them a million times to go to etkey.org they dont.

So maps are constantly interupted while no guid players are kicked and rejoin

Really would like a way to end this once and for all!!

Any help appreciated,
Jem.

(Mateos) #6

Turn off PB? No guid = no kick (because no way to identify clearly a player with a non-existing file), thus making it useless (will just eat network and other resources)… At least sounds logic, maybe other knowledgeable admins have another idea? ^^’

(spidysense) #7

Disable PB on server. :slight_smile:

(jemstar) #8

Thanks for replies!

But the point is that PB is turned off!!

pb_sv_disable

But it still happens.

How else can I turn PB off?

(schnoog) #9

Please check over rcon whether PB is running or not ( pb_sv_ver )

(jemstar) #10

Thanks schnoog but how do I do that?

I did /rcon ******* pb_sv_ver

but got no response

I also have PB_SV_GuidRelax 7 set, but is it because I am not streaming that it kicks? if I stream will it recognise these settings and not kick?

Its just frustrating that ET is getting messed up because PB no longer generates guids. I know other mods like silent and nitmod have addressed this but NQ dev seems stalled while irata is playing with legacy and seems no plans to address this…but I really like NQ and dont want to change mods.

What would happen if all pb files deleted from server lol??? No admin (but could use rcon) and no xp save (well we have all skill set to 1xp anyways) !!

(jemstar) #11

Oke enabled PB and did:

/rcon pb_sv_ver and got:

PunkBuster Server: Punkbuster Server for ET (v1.809 | A1382 c2.254) Enabled

But with PB enabled will get peeps kicked if they havent done /pb_cl_enable?

A whole new issue. I have shrubs and binds to tell players to enable PB and to visit etkey.org but I can print this to screen 1000 times and they don’t do it!!!

Thus why cant win either way!

(jemstar) #12

Oke enabled PB and did:

/rcon pb_sv_ver and got:

PunkBuster Server: Punkbuster Server for ET (v1.809 | A1382 c2.254) Enabled

But with PB enabled will get peeps kicked/cant join server if they havent done /pb_cl_enable or dont have an etkey?

A whole new issue. I have shrubs and binds to tell players to enable PB and to visit etkey.org but I can print this to screen 1000 times and they don’t do it!!!

Thus why cant win either way!

(Mateos) #13

Or opt for Legacy :stuck_out_tongue:

(spidysense) #14

hrm…recently I had visited F|A NQ server and it auto generated GUID for me… for other servers I didn’t had GUID but on F|A NQ server i always have GUID. May be ask them how they did it?

(jemstar) #15

@Mateos I looked at legacy but seemed a little out of my ability level to install with c++ stuff lol…will take another look!!

@Spidy Will asked them but my understanding is NQ doesn’t allow modifications to their mod. ie same as adding 2.55+ NQ is NOT open source.

So in short I enable PB and lose traffic or leave disabled and lose traffic lol win win win!

!kill PB

(diaboliksmart) #16

Or use silent mod who includes an auto generation of ETkey :slight_smile:
(and also an anti-cheat)

And it should be intersesting to list all the mods who have this essential feature enabled ?

(jemstar) #17

Haha with all those trip mines never!!! lol (yes I noes thay can be turned off)

I have had another look at legacy and its now quite simple to implement on the server side and that has auto guid generation so will play with using that, played on their test server and looks quite good…just wish Irata would do the same for nq!! As an NQ player I just cant bring myself to go silent heheheheehehe.

Our server has always been NQ - 9 years!! At least Legacy has ties to NQ!

Thanks for all the suggestions!

(Dragonji) #18

ET 2.55/2.60b users will not have PBGUIDs even if you use Legacy mod.

Vanilla clients will not recognize etkey w/o PB.

(jemstar) #19

Thanks for info Dragonji,

I dont really care if it recognises a key or not as long as it does not kick for dup guid!

I just tested joining the Legacy test server with 2 installs with no guid and I was not kicked! Tested the same 2 installs on my NQ server and was kicked for dup guid so looks like Legacy is the way to go!!!

I believe that I can still run NQ after upgrading base server to legacy…if so best of both worlds…unless the nq mod will kick dup guids(override legacy). then I may just remove nq.

(Mateos) #20

I just remember now that 1.2.3 had a kick issue forcing admins to turn off PB (that’s when I detected and banned my first cheater, aaaah old days :P), shouldn’t happen in late versions as it has been fixed… Strange.