Linux 2.56.x86

(system) #1

Got a problem using the 2.56.run patch on my server :L so has anyone got the 2.56.x86 file aka the etded.x86 which is the version for 2.56! Would be a massive help! Also I don’t see why no one plays on there?! I see 1 server named UltraET which is active a hell of alot :stuck_out_tongue: but anyways i need the patch for linux ? if you can’t find maybe you can run the .run file on your linux machine and upload the new etded.x86 somewhere?! Thanks.:eek:

(Dragonji) #2

Use etlded which is a regular 2.60b with many bugfixes and improvements.

(ETJump-Zero) #3

Mostly, I’ve noticed at least one change in physics in sliding mechanisms on slopes. Obviously not a problem on a frag server, though.

OT: he asked for 2.56, not for 2.6b. I don’t see much point in running anything but 2.60b anyway… Just because one server is very active doesn’t mean there’s enough players for two servers.

(stealth6) #4

UltraET allows clients from all versions, that’s why it shows up in the 2.56 list

(system) #5

Ah I got it to work, needed to do SH linux32 ./2.56.run

(system) #6

have some problem starting the server though :stuck_out_tongue: gives me script errors constantly about the panzer animation or player, even with a clean install of 2.56 :stuck_out_tongue: think al just leave it…

(Dragonji) #7

Isn’t this mod dependant?

(ETJump-Zero) #8

It should be, yes. Same mod version on et 2.6b & ET:L behave slightly differently. I guess it’s math related. (compiler options etc.) The difference is rather small anyway and it only affects ramps in certain angles.

(Mateos) #9

(Slightly offtopic)

That could explain why compared to vanilla maps I can’t get the same smooth movement on my maps while taking stairs, even with a clip brush as a plane from top to downstairs… But that would be due to Q3Map2 different math algorithms?

I test my maps in ETPro.

(stealth6) #10

[QUOTE=Mateos;493792](Slightly offtopic)

That could explain why compared to vanilla maps I can’t get the same smooth movement on my maps while taking stairs, even with a clip brush as a plane from top to downstairs… But that would be due to Q3Map2 different math algorithms?

I test my maps in ETPro.[/QUOTE]

If you want nice smooth stairs, make the steps non-solid and then put a ramp underneath them with texture clip.

Something like this:

Don’t add the purple line otherwise you get some weird behavior at the top of the ramp

(Mateos) #11

Wil try that when I wil have the time, thanks :slight_smile:

Yeah the purple line would be somehow blocking or feeling above the rest while proning for instance ig isn’t it?

But still curious to know why the same brushwork from vanilla maps doesn’t work the same :confused:

(system) #12

I didn’t understand why the animation error was occuring. Maybe 2.56 wasn’t linux stable!