How does the point sytem work?

(g00n) #1

I been playing quite a lot of solo vs AI games and Im really frustrated how the points are given. Does anyone have tips or know how it is calculated?
Ive tried

1. the gang bang kills-using more than one toon to kill
  2. Dont lose a toon, which you think should get a lot of points but my highest over 3900?pt i lost a few toons, my lowest 900pt without losing a toon?!
  3. medic up strength: Try to minimise damage on your toons so heal them up best you can before game over.
  4. Hold area as long as possible
  5. kill as quickly as possible. Seriously you think destroying enemyt quickly would give pts but battles around move 5-7 give weak pts. Ive suggested 5 or less bonus points, anyone doing under is doing clinical and efficient elimination of the threat to purpose of mission.
  6. trying to extend combat as long as possible, but really this defeats the purpose of mission, and feels dumb or makes you dumb attempting it for you have more chances of stupid mistakes even though you easily can out wit the enemy.

I be very interested and Im sure others also.

(tinker) #2

I don’t know the perfect calculation
but the best result is USUALLY done

1. star-stuff - 50%, no dead unit
  2. fast victory, much (best 100%) hp left.
  3. least possible dmg/energy used. - where every energy for walking seems to count IN. so heavy units might be good for dmg, but still use up ~36 energy before doing ANY dmg.

so a dave grenade right on all of the enemy team is the best option, fast and 4th highest damage/energy (while c4 is 1. but delayed and hard to aim, and gas is 2nd but also delayed, mines 3rd … but also hard to aim and predict.)

(tsondaboy) #3

Having scored over 6000 points in some levels, with highest being 7379 @ Bigger Ben / Engy Argy-Bargy, I can say that I ve found these two matter the most.

1. Win in the fewest turns possible, best results under 4 turns.
  2. The more overkill damage you do to the last guy(s) standing the better.

It scores you more points to get some damage on your toon and finish with higher overkill than have all healthy and barely kill the enemy team. The AI has almost preset move patterns. Play the map a few times with different weapons and teams to see how it responds. It will usually come closer to you if you arm your toons with low hit weapons, and cluster nicely for your grenades to do serious damage.

(g00n) #4

Having scored over 6000 points in some levels, with highest being 7379
seriously over 6000pts! I dont think I know anyone who has done that especially in 4 turns.

It scores you more points to get some damage on your toon and finish with higher overkill than have all healthy and barely kill the enemy team.
I find this really stupid, isnt the point not to be hit.

(tsondaboy) #5

For the record, 7379 was achieved by killing the AI in 3 turns.

I don’t make the rules bud, complain to the game designers about that. From what I ve seen, you get higher rewards for aggressive play.

Add me as a friend and you can see all the points I scored for each stage (provided no more than 2 others in your friend list have scored higher).