*spawn fixed so axis can win it and allies goes to house spawn
*added more details to map
*mummy comes only once
*hoovering objects fixed

EDIT: forgot a download link ^^

http://www.thewolfteam.org/download.php?view.78

(IRATA) #2

Map looks more than promising :slight_smile: Here is some input for beta3:

• when mummy in pyramid is freed players can’t move anymore?
  • fishnet near first axis spawn isn’t solid from behind
  • please add more speakers (water sounds, wind on any top of a hill & pyramid)
  • ERROR: Can’t find sound/scripts/the_shrine_beta2.sounds
  • ERROR: sound file “sound/world/dessert.wav” does not exist
  • WARNING: shader ‘textures/common/clipweap_metal’ has lightmap but no lightmap stage!
  • WARNING: shader ‘textures/common/clipweap_metal’ has lightmap but no lightmap stage!
  • WARNING: env/cloudy/cloudy_dn not present in any supported image format
  • WARNING: shader ‘textures/liquids_sd/siwa_water’ has lightmap but no lightmap stage!
  • WARNING: shader ‘textures/liquids_sd/siwa_water’ has lightmap but no lightmap stage!

(KeMoN) #3

The map looks already far better and a lot more detailed than in beta1! +1

I can confirm some fixes from beta1, yet you still have a LOT of hovering objects.
(e.g. MGs on axis boat; whole building in marketplace; vases on the fountain in marketplace;…)

The hillside isn’t clipped at all. You shouldn’t just put rocks in the way, but actually draw clip brushes.
Same goes for the pyramid/old city wall

Could you add a ladder to the wooden runway in the bay so you can climb up when you fall into the water?

Try to blend the water with the horizon like in bergen/battery/saberpeak

Also check the attachments to get an idea what I’m talking about.

This is not meant offensive, but how thoroughly did you actually test the map before releasing? I mean I encountered quite similar bugs in beta1. Maybe try doing beta3 in closed stage!

However like I said, it looks already far better than beta1! Fix the bugs, play through the map in many different ways/scenarios to check for bugs and you should get it to a stable stage.

EDIT: I tested on your server, so everywhere I got was without /noclip!

(twt_thunder) #4

Thanx both for very constructive feedback :smiley: , Beta 3 wil have to wait a bit as I have a little project for the quarkclan ^^.
But I will be sure to check all you wrote :slight_smile:

But I never had problems moving after mummy is free…But will check it

(twt_thunder) #5

changelog so far:

• clipped the map on all sides + top **fixed
    -mummy freze players ** never experienced this

-fishnet not solid **fixed

-warning shader clipweap metal has lightmap but no lightmap stage **dont know what this is about??

-env cloud dn not present in any supported image format **fixed

-siwa oasis water have no lightmap stage **fixed change of texture

-try blend water **fixed changed texture

-add ladder to wooden runway **fixed

-hoovering objects(3 houses,pots,sand v/pyramid,columms **should be fixed

todo:
-more sounds
-missing sound script
-sound dessert.wav missing
-fix truck to stop for gate

(Mateos) #6

Betas are really close from each other, you could send a preview to a bunch of people before pushing it to the public :slight_smile:

Sadly I have less and less time these days >.> But at least I have a connection (but can’t download /o/)

Wish you good luck o/

(twt_thunder) #7

The hillside isn’t clipped at all. You shouldn’t just put rocks in the way, but actually draw clip brushes.
Same goes for the pyramid/old city wall

why should I clip the pyramid?

• please add more speakers (water sounds, wind on any top of a hill & pyramid)
  • ERROR: Can’t find sound/scripts/the_shrine_beta2.sounds
  • ERROR: sound file “sound/world/dessert.wav” does not exist
  • WARNING: env/cloudy/cloudy_dn not present in any supported image format

removed the dessert.wav
but how did you get these errors? I dont

EDIT: and why doesnt walls stop the sounds from outside? even if they are not detail?

(KeMoN) #8

You don’t have to clip the pyramid. I don’t know how it works out with gameplay, you’ll have to check that.

Sound error-messages most likely with /developer 1

(twt_thunder) #9

no sound errors and I removed something in script that probably caused it. But how to block sounds propperly? they sound thru walls?

(Mateos) #10

Check your sound entity properties:
http://wiki.splashdamage.com/index.php/Speaker_Editor

Broadcast on no.

(twt_thunder) #11

[QUOTE=Mateos;495229]Check your sound entity properties:
http://wiki.splashdamage.com/index.php/Speaker_Editor

Broadcast on no.[/QUOTE]

Note that sound engine has no means of calculating obstruction, occlusion or reflection…

(Mateos) #12

This is why it uses PVS, like explained in the link I gave.

(twt_thunder) #13

Yeah well, with testing abit out with range and volume I think i got a satisfying result :slight_smile:

(Micha) #14

I tested the maps (b2) and it seems ok right now. Some houses stand a bit to high so you can look through from outside. Map high should be limited so you can’t walk out of it (or over the big gate).
There is also one house you can walk up and felt behind a wall. You can’t come out there.
Maybe you fixed this already :slight_smile:

The mummy is nice but maybe make it disapear in a other way.