MUST be shot (n) times before reloading ammo

Example:

Sniper is: Camp + very Slow

<&gt; Otto Semi-Auto

Squad Points: 5
Range: 7
Damage: 38
Energy to use: 4
Ammo: 4 (Must be shot 4 times before reloading ammo)
Energy to reload: 2

<&gt; The Electri-Fryer

Range: 9
Damage: 54
Energy to use: 5
Ammo: 2
Energy to reload: 6

<&gt; Botherer SR

Squad Points: 6
Range: 8
Damage: 71
Energy to use: 6
Ammo: 3
Energy to reload: 4

<&gt; Avenger HSR

Squad Points: 7
Range: 8
Damage: 98
Energy to use: 8
Ammo: 1
Energy to reload: 5

************************ BECAUSE *************************

/!\ I noticed that the player who is lost soldier first often lose. With reload ammo, the player (lost soldier) can back attack when enemy need reload ammo or amout of enemy bullets are not enought to kill soldier.

/!\ Of course, melee weapons not need reload :smiley: So, I think melee weapons will be used more

/!\ Example for Avenger HSR: if the target in sight

• Energy to use: 8
  • Ammo: 1
  • Energy to reload: 5

Light Sniper (as Madame La Hacque): Can only shoot 1 time in 2 turns
shoot 8 Energy and can’t reload ammo, because with 4 Remaining Energy not enough Energy to reload (reload ammo need 5 Energy)

Medium Sniper (as Sneaky Pete): Can shoot in every turn;
shoot 8 Energy + reload 5 Energy = 13

Heavie Sniper (as Juan Dacova): Can shoot, reload and move in every turn;
shoot 8 Energy + reload 5 Energy + move 3 Energy (for 1 square) = 16

P/s: My English is not good, hope you understand
And I’ll suggest for the rest of guns, soon :slight_smile:

(Beebi_Gun) #2

Interesting~ However, was this ever to get in, I’d prefer it to be optional, when preparing a match. :smiley:

But yes the game got really aggressive and more offensive-friendly. The first player to lose a soldier will be having to act very cautiously not to suffer major dmg thereafter, before being able to deliver major dmg to the enemy or even take one of the enemy’s soldiers.

I’m a little short on time, will give it more attention later.

(Jerry-Rigs) #3

@Red.Panda

Your English is fine. Do not let that concern keep you from talking.

A quick look at your Fryer vs your Botherer numbers tells me that you are overly afraid of Fryers and haven’t been hit 3 times in one round by a Botherer armed Juan that was double or triple squirted into firing position. If nothing else, I think you have your magazine capacity switched for those two but I would be interested in seeing the numbers on other weapons.

(Red.Panda) #4

[QUOTE=Jerry-Rigs;490955]

A quick look at your Fryer vs your Botherer numbers tells me that you are overly afraid of Fryers and haven’t been hit 3 times in one round by a Botherer armed Juan that was double or triple squirted into firing position. If nothing else, I think you have your magazine capacity switched for those two but I would be interested in seeing the numbers on other weapons.[/QUOTE]

Match in 26 star, if players pick Botherer SR => The maximum number of soldiers is 5.

So, I saw many players pick Juan Dacova or Madame La Hacque with The Electri-Fryer in team (6 soldiers).

1. Otto Semi-Auto vs The Electri-Fryer with same Squad Points (5)
    No one want pick Otto Semi-Auto, I think you will choice like that

2. With 6 soldiers, too hard to kill sniper use Fryer.

Almost all players pick Fryer. Fryer every where. => Its so boring

I think with reload ammo will bring back more guns (ex: shotgun, melee weapon…) and more tactics has been forgotten

P/s: I am thinking about number ammo for rest guns. But I would be happy if everyone join and suggest

(Jerry-Rigs) #5

I never considered the Otto as a “sniper” rifle. It is just the “standard” rifle for non-commandos.

Not arguing, just asking…
If a weapon is popular, does that mean it is overpowered?
Does the same logic apply to Captain’s skills? Does that make artillery overpowered?
If a soldier is popular, does that mean it is overpowered?
Is Gus with his water cannon overpowered?

If you want to scrub down the fryer a bit why not just raise its squad point value to 6 (I am not suggesting it, I’m just curious about your thoughts) instead of introducing a lot more game mechanics?

What do you think about all sniper rifles having their short range damage SEVERELY reduced to about 5 at range = 1. Would this enable light toons to use their natural mobility to go toe to toe with a sniper? For example: Juan with any sniper rifle vs Dave with a katana starting as opposite ends of a map. Dave charges, Juan fires and retreats maybe 2-3 times until Dave is able to trap and kill him. Haven’t done the math. Don’t know if it works or not.

I agree that a lot of players tactics have moved toward snipers as the real killers. But I also think that it is enabled by Gus’s squirt gun. Without the extra mobility, snipers have to burn energy to set up the -single- shot.

(Red.Panda) #6

Team have 5 (or 6) soldiers, very difficult approach close range to kill sniper with melee weapon (katana, …)

I never considered the Otto as a “sniper” rifle. It is just the “standard” rifle for non-commandos.
If you want to scrub down the fryer a bit why not just raise its squad point value to 6

In 7 square, Otto is maximum range and damage 48

But Fryer have damage 60.

But i don’t want focus too much on Fryer or any “sniper” rifle.

I want focus in BALANCE.

1. This is strategy game. I don’t want play more games to get coins and after earning enough coins to buy new gun have “more power” (I say “more power”, not “overpowered”), players will forget “standard” rifle. Each gun is unique, and suit with each tactic.

2. I add “ammo” and “energy to reload” to increase the difference between each type of gun.

• For your question, I don’t suggest raise Fryer’ squad point value to 6. Because do that, Fryer and Botherer SR not too different. But Otto and Fryer will be clearly separate (in same Squad Points: 5) and balance

• Not only in sniper, I want all guns will clearly separate, clearly unique.

Ex:
… Minimax HMG will more ammo than Hoo-Hah AR/ Biffo LMG, but it need more energy to reload
… Shotguns is special - it can reload anytime, not need shoot all “ammo” before reload

1. With reload ammo I think more weapon will come back

AND more soldier too

• Tim Taschman, Carlito Grosso can be used more. Gatling Turret and Rocket Turret may live longer

AND new tactics

• Use heavy soldiers attract bullets …

AND this is RAD - Strategy game !!!

• Player have to caculate more

(Beebi_Gun) #7

Oh look, it does need fresh meat to understand exactly what I was saying earlier.

Like you said, and as I was saying before. Each weapon should have its purpose and serve its function effectively. Right now it is a matter of getting the more comfortable ones and the others get for the most part overshadowed and forgotten. Right now there exists a very comfortable setup; and handicapping yourself to add more variety isn’t going to solve the balancing problem. I’ve been trying to pass that…

Maybe the idea of ammo could bring this diversity into the game, naturally. I don’t know, haven’t considered properly.

I will have to disagree here. Adding Fryer to 6 SP will not make it that very much similar to the Botherer. For one, the dmg will still be lower; its range will still be longer; and its energy cost to shoot will still be cheaper. It will only make it harder to fit together, either with other [costly] powerful weapons or to pick two of them. Make it less standard~ it IS a special type. 5 SP are standard/common. So, not much difference here, it would still serve a different purpose than the Botherer, battle-wise strategy. The biggest range of difference right now is between it and the Otto; being both 5 SP.

[QUOTE=Jerry-Rigs;491088]If a weapon is popular, does that mean it is overpowered?
Does the same logic apply to Captain’s skills? Does that make artillery overpowered?
If a soldier is popular, does that mean it is overpowered?
Is Gus with his water cannon overpowered?[/QUOTE]

It has to be popular for a reason, though. Either because it looks cool, or because of its effectiveness; and I don’t think it’s the former. I wouldn’t say the Artillery Skill is OP; but it definitely is more comfortable to pick and helpful in almost all situations than most. That’s why the term OP here, I think, is being very wrongly applied.

But you could ask yourself the question of why would you pick any other skill ? The detector may useful, sure, if you can know the enemy will be using Cloaked units/devices; the Cover is also very good in helping against more than 1 setups or the HP crates. But most of them are for specific purposes. I’m fine with that, as long as they serve it rightfully. And the problem lies there.

Because then you have others that are almost always useless considering the times you can use and the cost required to equip. You will most of the time pick~ Artillery > Cover > Crates/something else, depending on setup.

I suggested this before too, not sure if it’d work or not. It was said to me that snipers’ dmg in close range already sucks a lot; and that you [with a close range unitt] are able to spend energy walking, getting close to them and punish them hard, successfully,right now~ I seriously need to see that, 'cause I feel very embarrassed if it’s only me failing at it. I still think they deliver a very reasonable punch even up close. I always felt that snipers should be punished severer for allowing an enemy to pin them.

I don’t want to ‘derail’ this, don’t want people getting pissed at me [again]. But Jerry you talk about Squhurter; what of g00n’s suggestion that Squhurter should not move heavies or move 1 square(?) > move 1 square mediums > move 2 square lights [or something close to this] ? x1 use of that skill would be hurting the character a little too much. It’s true that it would undermine the effectiveness of the duo [Gus x Sniper], but then the character itself could be without much of a role and that could be a problem.

(Jerry-Rigs) #8

If you are going to start by tossing flame bait, you shouldn’t be surprised if you get dumped on.

This forum has died in the past few months. A lot of the vocal players have moved on. Most of the discussions that new players bring up are plowed ground and somewhat boring (no offense intended) for the veterans.

There are tournament style players where every match is important and every win is critical so they go with the squad that they think will give them the best chance every time. If I’m in a tourny, I do that as well. There are other players that aren’t so serious all the time and will play wild squads because it’s fun to explore. I think I am somewhat in that category. I miss playing CIAKGB because he would experiment (5 Megans!). I can’t remember who started running 4 Daves but I miss him too.

I do not know for sure, but I would guess that certain top players have alternate ID’s that they use to explore new squads before unleashing them through their known name. They may even, gosh, I don’t know, run their alternate against their prime so they can control the entire engagement. It is even rumored that some record all their matches so they can review the tape later. These are all methods of getting to the top and staying there. It doesn’t matter how much coin or rad bux they spend, these players will make any squad seem over powered.

I agree, but I am still not advocating a change.

If “OP” is the wrong term, is “over used” more appropriate? If yes, then why aren’t you advocating a scrub of artillery as well?

[QUOTE=Beebi_Gun;491157]But you could ask yourself the question of why would you pick any other skill ?

Because then you have others that are almost always useless considering the times you can use and the cost required to equip. You will most of the time pick~ Artillery > Cover > Crates/something else, depending on setup [/QUOTE]
I rarely pick Cover because I see more utility in other combinations.

It wasn’t because you derailed a thread, it was because of your (rightly or wrongly) perceived attitude.

It’s not just Juan/botherer. All of the really high damage but low dmg/energy weapons can be devastating when moved into position by a squirt or three. Hell, Gus/Katana point blank with full energy is really impressive.

The dynamics for squirts are somewhat difficult to understand. Changing the rules about how they work (I think) is much less likely to occur than simply reducing the count. Even with only 1 squirt, Gus is still a tank of a medic. Armed with a Spray&Pray, he’s an Ivan with an AR. Although its not likely, put two of them together inside a scoring zone and see what happens.

And now back to the original post…
Does anybody ever consider what it would take to implement the changes they suggest? I suspect that it would be a prohibitively large effort to implement ammo in Rad Soldiers. Perhaps in a brand new game? Anybody have the resources to take that on?

(Jerry-Rigs) #9

But is it OK to gain new Captain’s abilities as you gain experience? If yes, what’s the difference?
Also, once you get to a certain point, you are likely to have earned enough to buy whatever you want so you cannot add more power.

People use meat shields now.

[QUOTE=Red.Panda;491146]
AND this is RAD - Strategy game !!!

• Player have to caculate more[/QUOTE]
    They are a number of players who do not want to calculate more. They like to charge in guns blazing and hope for the best. Do your desires and thoughts about the game carry more weight than theirs do?
    It is my experience that players that calculate more, explore more, practice more, win more.
    If you want games that are “pure strategy” then there are other games that are available.

My advice:
If you like the game, play the game.
If you don’t like the game, don’t play the game.

(Beebi_Gun) #10

Flame bait ?? No, no, no. I’m not baiting anyone. Besides, what I did before was nothing to spark your attitude towards me. You did it because you had your own other reasons.

If you thought that was a bait to the veterans, you took it wrongly. For starters, you should stop taking me as a troll. “Flame bait” ?! Seriously, I have better ways to pass time than going to forums to simply argue for the sake of it. I know the forum has died for the past months~ I’m not that new, I’ve been following it long enough.

I didn’t mean that as the veterans don’t understand about the mechanics. It was rather a relief outflow that the exact same thing I said which was seen as the “abomination of Hell”/ the Devil itself - was something others have already said before but weren’t as “attacked” as I was. I’m not playing victim here, and I may apologize for that.

The discussions are not that boring; the old players just moved along. And keeping the forum alive is always in a way or the other (as long as it’s not trolling, I’m fine with it).

I clone Tims; yes, it’s fun. And ? I’ve never claimed otherwise, I sure did the opposite. I’m also not serious about games-- they are well… games. But I sure do like to see to what possibilities we can reach. Discussing about it helps me understand and comply better. As long as I’m being respected too as I try to do to others (especially more experienced than I am).

Yes that is a cool idea actually. And yes again, that is what I said before of a veteran player beating other players with an “underpowered” setup. It matters obviously. But it not to be confused with balance. Just because a couple hardcore mastered a difficult poor weapon to use and beat a couple newbies with a weapon that gives advantage with little amount of effort means the game’s balanced. Just the fact that you have to be “hardcore” for that weapon to be effective should speak for itself, no ?? < Not saying that is how it is here. Just giving an example of how that logic cannot be applied just like that.

Well but I could be. What’s the problem ? Just because you’re not means no one can !? To make it clear though, I’m not advocating the Fryer to go 6 SP. Here lies the problem: I’m discussing it, it was offered a scenario and I provided feedback, it does not mean I’m “whining” for the Fryer to go 6 SP. Heck, put any weapon or topic you want to discuss and I will try to offer same kind of feedback as well. It’s a matter of playing the other side. I’m not totally in for it, not out for it either. It’s just that, a discussion.

Again, start a topic on the matter of Artillery and I will see what experiences I can offer about it on the field. That’s why I said you got the wrong impression from the last thread. I’m not advocating. It is a reply and a solution I thought might solve the question~ pick any other thing you want to discuss, either for good or bad, I will offer same amount of feedback depending on how much ground it covers.

If it’s not a bother to ask, what skills do you value more then ?

You did say it was because I was derailing. Or after all, it was as I first thought and you only acted because you didn’t like how I was talking to your friend, and not because I was causing “chaos” on the thread ? In any case, NO. I will not concede anything regarding my attitude as I know for sure I haven’t wronged anybody. I tried and asked to keep it polite and just for both ends. One end was clearly acting superior for having the status of “VETERAN” and whatever I said that contradicted their absolute truth was to be thrown to the garbage. I did my part, I cannot do the impossible. Some people just are… (I’m cleaning what I think is misunderstanding here, even though biased for its purposes)

See ? Who said anything about Juan/Botherer ?? I haven’t even mentioned none of those. Why you think I’m bringing up old complaints about “chumps” who use Juan yadda yadda ?? Stop coming at me with biased perceptions as if you know that I’m trying to imply something.

To be honest. Gus can be useful to push close range weapons to be effective. It may be a help for the fact they most of the time have to walk and waste a lot of energy before shooting/hitting effectively; that’s why I still am reluctant on the question of lowering the squhurters uses. It does make them useful - but not something to be so feared on.

True. Though, that is just an hypothesis. Not really thinking about the likelihood of it being implemented or not. It may, it may not. Don’t want to ponder so much on that. But to more simple solutions reducing the count is a very good replacement. I still think Gus would lose a lot of use though.

[QUOTE=Jerry-Rigs;491239]And now back to the original post…
Does anybody ever consider what it would take to implement the changes they suggest? I suspect that it would be a prohibitively large effort to implement ammo in Rad Soldiers. Perhaps in a brand new game? Anybody have the resources to take that on?[/QUOTE]

Is it ? I don’t think ammo is one that it’d be that hard really. Counted bullets and a “skill” to reload to every toon ? How hard can it be ?? Though, I will admit I’m not expert in programming, but I do know a few details.

(Red.Panda) #11

[QUOTE=Jerry-Rigs;491240]
My advice:
If you like the game, play the game.
If you don’t like the game, don’t play the game.[/QUOTE]

This box is “RAD Soldiers Issues & Suggestions” and I created this thread because i like it

[QUOTE=Beebi_Gun;491400]
Is it ? I don’t think ammo is one that it’d be that hard really. Counted bullets and a “skill” to reload to every toon ? How hard can it be ?? Though, I will admit I’m not expert in programming, but I do know a few details.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think so, too :smiley:

(Jerry-Rigs) #12

That’s fair, I was frustrated and over reacted. Sorry.

What is your basis for thinking so?
How many computerized games have you designed, coded, or tested?
How many non-computerized games have you designed, coded, or tested?
How many programs of substance have you written for other people to use?
How many KLOC (Kilo Lines Of Code) or MLOC have you written or tested?
Do you prefer agile methods or are more of a waterfall kind of guy?
Git, CVS, Rational, something else?

Have you spent any money on the game or just played the free version? Would you like to contribute to the effort?

Oh, manned space flight, that shouldn’t be too hard. I saw a YouTube video about it once. I’m really not trying to nail anybody in particular, but it amazes me that people who don’t know anything about a topic think that they can speak even somewhat authoritatively about that topic (although it never stopped me…).

The design & coding of the change you propose may not be that extreme, but the effect if has on game play would be. As such, a lot of testing would be required to attempt to rebalance the system.

(Red.Panda) #13

[QUOTE=Jerry-Rigs;492427]
What is your basis for thinking so?
How many computerized games have you designed, coded, or tested?
How many non-computerized games have you designed, coded, or tested?
How many programs of substance have you written for other people to use?
How many KLOC (Kilo Lines Of Code) or MLOC have you written or tested?
Do you prefer agile methods or are more of a waterfall kind of guy?
Git, CVS, Rational, something else?

Have you spent any money on the game or just played the free version? Would you like to contribute to the effort?

The design & coding of the change you propose may not be that extreme, but the effect if has on game play would be. As such, a lot of testing would be required to attempt to rebalance the system.[/QUOTE]

Design, code, test - That is the job of the developer. We (players) only suggest and give feedback to them, if they find it reasonable and necessary, I believe they will do.

I have seen in 1 thread, player give many suggestions, one of which is the chat system -
it newly added in recent updates. And even there is no suggestion, they are always changing, developing more features.

With suggestions and feedbacks, we’re helping them, not ordered or requested ( <-- in here, my vocabulary is little, so it difficult to chose words to express exactly)

They created this game, then adding new features is entirely possible

I had spent few money on (other) game. I admit that I have not spent any money on this game. Because I have 15 soldiers and 270k spare coin in wallet. I don’t know what should i buy more?

A day or two I will update more guns, and some tweaking for soldiers :slight_smile:

(Red.Panda) #14

UPDATE 3 guns for Commando

<&gt; Hoo-Hah AR

Range: 6
Damage: 42
Energy to use: 4
Ammo: 3
Energy to reload: 2

<&gt; Bifflo LMG

Squad Points: 6
Range: 6
Damage: 64
Energy to use: 6
Energy to reload: 5

<&gt; Minimax HMG

Squad Points: 7
Range: 5
Damage: 100
Energy to use: 7
Energy to reload: 6
/!\ Light Commando (as Hipster Dave) can’t use HMG

(Red.Panda) #15

More suggest

Weapons have 7 points have special ability

• Minimax HMG: can shoot “Multi Target”, but limited angle: 45 degree angle attack
  • Avenger HSR: “Power Shot” - if enemy behind cover, 30% less damage, 15% less damage
  • The chains-awesome: “Lucky” - when attack, it’ll have 55% critical hit chance

“Standard Soldiers” have special ability

• Angela Merci: only Medkit of Angela can remove negative effect (ex: Gas Grenade of Textbook Kate, Concussion Grenade of Ivan Tkilya)
  • Tim Taschman: Gatling Turret can move.
  • Gatling have 1 Energy
  • Energy to use: 1 Energy
  • Energy to move: 1 Energy -> It mean: Gatling ony shot or move in turn
  • Only move 2 time
  • Reduce HP from 200 to 180
  • Sneaky Pete: I consider in 2 options
  • Invisible for 3 turns
  • OR can invi 2 times: First: Invisible for 2 turns - Second: Invisible for 1 turns

P/s: Mod or Developer, Can you change this title thread? Reload ammo —>> My suggestions

(Red.Panda) #16

Continue

• Juan Dacova: When he use Flamin’ Nora, effect of fire will outlast (3 turn) - enemy will take 20 damage if move on, but square radius will decrement.
  • Tito Tesla: Teleport Grenade
  • Can target teammate
  • Victim lost 1 turn:

Ex:

• Turn 1 (Play A): use tele in enemy - (soldier temporarily disappear)

• Turn 1 (Play B): … (soldier temporarily disappear)

• Turn 2 (Play A): … (move and fire)

• Turn 2 (Play B): … (teleport soldier back to thier deploy zone and move)

• Turn 1 (Play A): use tele in teammate - (soldier temporarily disappear)

• Turn 1 (Play B): … (move and fire)

• Turn 2 (Play A): … (move and fire)

• Turn 2 (Play B): … (move and fire)

• Turn 3 (Play A): … (teleport soldier back to thier deploy zone and move)

• Ivan Tkylia: Concussion Grenade
  • Enemy deployable (as UAV, Rocket Turret, Glatling Turret, Shield-O-Bot) is disabled by Concussion Grenade, only Engineers can repair - if not, Enemy deployable can’t restore itself - it like a pile of rust

P/s: thank mod :smiley:

(Red.Panda) #17

Continue

• Mme. La Hacque: UAV - Damage decreases with the amount of HP
  • 150 - 101 HP: 75 Damage
  • 100 - 31 HP: 60 Damage
  • 30 - 1 HP: 45 Damage
  • Tree Mendes: The Trunkquilizer can overcome obstacles
  • Archie Fletcher: Explosive Crossbow
  • Can fire in square (not need target in soldier) - the bolt exist in 1 turn, If enemy move on, he will take 75 pts of damage
  • Can’t attack bolt, only Engineers can disable it
    Ex:
  • Turn 1 (Play A): use Explosive Crossbow in square
  • Turn 1 (Play B): … (move and fire)
  • Turn 2 (Play A): … Bolt disappear
  • Hister Dave: Reduce Frag Grenade’s damage: 70 - 55 - 40 - 35

• Spud Grunt: Rocket Launcher

• Knock back 2: if Rocket explosion at the soldiers standing position or nearly (1 square range)
  • Knock back 1: if distance between “Rocket explosion” and “soldiers position” is 2 square range
  • About C4 and Mine:
  • Only UAV and Captain’s Detection Aura can reveals C4 and Mine. UAV within 2 square range, but Captain within 1 square range (amount of hidden object Captain within 2 square range)

(Red.Panda) #18
  • Limit the number of soldiers in one squad:
  • If player pick 2 or more same soldier, they need to pay a small fee:
    Ex:
    want 2 same Dave (or other soldiers) in squad: they need pay 100 coin
    3 Dave : need 250 coin
    4 Dave : need 450 coin
    5 Dave : need 700 coin
  • If player abandon game or haven’t taken a turn for more that 3 days, they has to pay a forfeit (maybe 300 coin)
  • Limit the number of soldiers in different matches:
  • Dave (or other soldiers) have index is 5 - it means that each soldiers (Dave) can be used 5 times in the different match, at the same time.
    Ex:
    Match 1: pick 2 Dave
    Match 2: pick 2 Dave
    Match 3: Because Dave have index is 5, so we can only pick 1 Dave in this Match

/!\ All 3 matches above in same time

Match 4: With first Dave I buy in store, I’ve used up 5 times, If I want pick Dave in this match, I have 2 options:
… Option1: Buy 1 more Dave in store
… Option2: Buy item (maybe outfit or special item) - it will be used to increase index (maybe index + 2)

• All above: I hope
  • In one squad have more different soldiers -> more tactics
  • Developers more ways to increase profit

(Jason110) #19

Hi,red.After reading it ,I think it is too complicated for the developers to balance the game.Maybe some suggestions can be taken.
PS:You are too pro…