XT App

(.FROST.) #1

^ Will there be one? It could feature a variety of different things; like a “read only section”, about weapon-/merc-stats and tutorials, high-res map layouts and stuff like that, up to more dynamic stuff, like your own stats. And a link section that would lead you to developer interviews, official YouTube tutorials and XT tournament (HD)vids, as well as direct access to the Nexon and/or SD forums.

Oh, and of course a shop to buy yourself mercs, weapon attachements, outfits, etc., etc., even when you are not ingame. And last, but not least, a “Chicken Hunter” minigame in the style of XT, just to pass the time when there’s no PC around, for the full experience :smiley:

(RasteRayzeR) #2

The first part is easy to do, I could even do it (as I did for Brink). But I don’t think that all the buying stuff should be done outside of the PC application though (in-game).

But in any cases this is not the time to do it as the game is going though … let’s say “challenging times” and because the data you need to build this app is not yet available. But I guess it’s no reason not to start the topic.

(.FROST.) #3

[QUOTE=RasteRayzeR;490576]The first part is easy to do, I could even do it (as I did for Brink). But I don’t think that all the buying stuff should be done outside of the PC application though (in-game).

But in any cases this is not the time to do it as the game is going though … let’s say “challenging times” and because the data you need to build this app is not yet available. But I guess it’s no reason not to start the topic.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I actually forgot the little fact, that there doesn’t necessarilly need to be an official app. Most of the info stuff could be done by anyone who has the time, passion and skill to do so. But to keep such a thing updated with nice pics of new mercs, new attachements, new outfits and new maps and such, it would probably be the best if someone from SD, or someone who’s working close with them, would do it. Especially because stats may change over time and many other things aren’t written in stone either.

(Mustang) #4

Server browser

(Rex) #5

No time + no money + wasted efforts for a minority who would use it.

(shaftz0r) #6

this really needs to happen asap. even something on a website somewhere to scan the servers. its crazy having to launch the game to see no servers

(.FROST.) #7

How do you allways know so much? :eek:

Wait, you are working for SD, sry, my fault.

(INF3RN0) #8

[QUOTE=.FROST.;490611]How do you allways know so much? :eek:

Wait, you are working for SD, sry, my fault.[/QUOTE]

Rex doesn’t have a smart phone, duh.

(Rex) #9

[QUOTE=.FROST.;490611]How do you allways know so much? :eek:

Wait, you are working for SD, sry, my fault.[/QUOTE]

No, I just take a look at the current stage of the game and consider if it makes more sense to fix the actual game or develop a fancy app. But if you really think ‘cosmetics’ are more important, well then I’m sorry for you…

I have one, but wouldn’t use it to look up my current xp count lol.

(.FROST.) #10

xxxxxxxxxx

(.FROST.) #11

I never was into cosmetics, I don’t know where you got that from. I mentioned a myriade of other things that could be in such an app and you picked just this tiny little word. That’s how yellow press works; magnifying even the smallest things so they would fit their agenda. But only dump people don’t see through that and believe this crap. I was the first one who was absolutely baffled, when I first heard, how much money some people would put into that(cosmetics) kinda stuff.

There are many nice tutorial and stats apps, especially for fighting games, that are really bringing some value to the table and are not just fancy bling bling for the iFruit generation. And tie-in games to AAA titles, like the pad companion to Injustice, are not only fun to play, but carry over to the main game.

No, but you could use it as a server browser and something that even makes sense to hardcore gamers like you. Don’t limit your thinking of what an app could be. I’m sure there are ways in which an app could really contribute to XT that would make sense to everyone. I also think you are greately underestimating the creativity of the devs. Aside from that; who said the Nexon guys couldn’t programm such an application? Their money, their manpower, no interfering with XT’s development process, everybody happy.

(Rex) #12

[QUOTE=.FROST.;490631]I never was into cosmetics, I don’t know where you got that from. I mentioned a myriade of other things that could be in such an app and you picked just this tiny little word. That’s how yellow press works; magnifying even the smallest things so they would fit their agenda. But only dump people don’t see through that and believe this crap. I was the first one who was absolutely baffled, when I first heard, how much money some people would put into that(cosmetics) kinda stuff.

There are many nice tutorial and stats apps, especially for fighting games, that really bring some value to the table and are not just fancy bling bling for the iFruit generation. And tie-in games to AAA titles, like the pad companion to Injustice, are not only fun to play, but carry over to the main game.

No, but you could use it as a server browser and something that even makes sense to hardcore gamers like you. Don’t limit your thinking of what an app could be. I’m sure there are ways in which an app could really contribute to XT that would make sense to everyone. I also think you are greately underestimating the creativity of the devs. Aside from that; who said the Nexon guys couldn’t programm such an application? Their money, their manpower, no interfering with XT’s development process, everybody happy.[/QUOTE]

Alright, it’s just that I can’t see this happening at the moment. And Nexon by the way should rather fix their forum first. :wink:
Maybe some time after the release with some useful things in that app. Although I can’t think of anything useful, because the server browser as you mentioned as example doesn’t really interest me when I’m not at my PC.

(.FROST.) #13

xxxxxxxxxx

(.Chris.) #14

The people who would make such an app wouldn’t be the same people working on the game. There’s no reason why such external material can’t be made parallel to the development of the game. What if they made an app so you could plan tactics on an interactive map or something like that? There’s lots of neat stuff they could do and it doesn’t necessarily have to be limited to be used on smart phones, can have desktop versions too.

(Rex) #15

So who else should do it? Nexon is busy…

(.FROST.) #16

Those guys seem legit:

//youtu.be/B78gQF0e55c

Since they are kinda replaced by Nexon now, I think they may have some time on their hands.

(.Chris.) #17

Splash Damage, FireTeam or WarChest, whoever has someone who can work on it.

EDIT: Frost beat me to it.