All ad. Servers will go down

(Kl3ppy) #1

I just wanted to inform you, that all ad. Servers (ad. Pro, ad.Custom, ad.Vanilla) will go down or are already down.

(Runeforce) #2

Like forever?

(Kl3ppy) #3

Yes. Due nobody uses the servers anymore we decided to take them down.

(Snotling) #4

Too bad, I really liked the ad. Promod. Thanks for keeping them up until today anyway.

(Khamul) #5

Ehh the best promod server :frowning:

(d3v1ous1) #6

Awwww, sad to hear that.:frowning:

(CaliberWorkz) #7

How about a “last game ever” on ad? Since they are still on the list and playable?

(Snotling) #8

Are the servers actually going down? I still can see them, not that I am complaining about it though. :slight_smile:

(Kl3ppy) #9

Well, our server admin asked us if we actually need the ad. servers. We said no and he told us he will take them down. But I don’t know when it will happen. Maybe they stay online for some time, it could be possible that he forgot it :wink:

(edxot) #10

are you acepting sugestions for map rotation (campaigns) of vanilla one ?

(Kl3ppy) #11

No, because we don’t spend anytime in configuring the servers anymore.

(Rex) #12

2dumb2read

(edxot) #13

if you could create a new campaign just with the infantry maps, maybe more people would play. it would not be the same as promod, but for those who prefer promod it would be a nice inovation.

1st - sewer
2nd - volcano
3rd - salvage

sewer in the start would provide for vehicle xp (for those who cant live without their icarus / husky in the 2nd and 3rd maps).

@rex - i wasnt talking to you. i feed trolls with other stuff: kick votes, rockets, and light from my pistol.

(Kl3ppy) #14

No, we don’t kill them because no one plays anymore, we kill them because our admin needs the resources somewhere else. The fact that they are all empty does make it easier for us to shut them down.

(Snotling) #15

Edxot, why don’t you ask teams still running a server, like TAW, Villa, Aardvaark, STU? They will be more open to your idea than a closing one…

(edxot) #16

they dont seem to care about promod as much as this clan.

“open to my idea” ? hahahaha, i wonder if it would not be the other way around. i tell them to get a server with these 3 maps and then they go “well then, thats precisely what we are not going to do”.

(Kl3ppy) #17

[QUOTE=edxot;491834]they dont seem to care about promod as much as this clan.

“open to my idea” ? hahahaha, i wonder if it would not be the other way around. i tell them to get a server with these 3 maps and then they go “well then, thats precisely what we are not going to do”.[/QUOTE]

Speak to Dr.Funkenstein

(Snotling) #18

I can’t remember you asked my team about this “new” campaign. Feel free to post and see what our server admin has to say: http://stupid-clan.xooit.com/index.php .

And, as a reminder, team Stupidoz cares about promod, the For The Makron League which took place during spring 2012 and gathered a lot of teams on promod during 3 months was sVNN, rUBBEN and I’s idea, as to say, 3 members of STU, with a lot of back-up from STU clan (2 gaming servers, 1 teamspeak channel available for shoutcast, 1 website to give results, interviews and rules). :slight_smile:

I’m not saying we’ll say yes to your idea, it’s up to StupidoGoblin, but it’s worth trying, don’t you think?

(Chronicler) #19

I’m sure if you are interested TAW can run copies of these servers on our own dedicated server.

TAW has it’s own public promod but it doesn’t seem to be well configurated and we have no-one interested in doing it either, our custom public currently doesn’t offer a download so that one isn’t working for that reason. Our private TA servers and vanilla public server and others are however working.

I’m currently working on getting a server admin group together that has the skill to take care of all this.

And yes, TAW is probably gonna do some promod again in the future since we have had a lot of requests for it from members.

(Chronicler) #20

[QUOTE=Snotling;491850]I can’t remember you asked my team about this “new” campaign. Feel free to post and see what our server admin has to say: http://stupid-clan.xooit.com/index.php .

And, as a reminder, team Stupidoz cares about promod, the For The Makron League which took place during spring 2012 and gathered a lot of teams on promod during 3 months was sVNN, rUBBEN and I’s idea, as to say, 3 members of STU, with a lot of back-up from STU clan (2 gaming servers, 1 teamspeak channel available for shoutcast, 1 website to give results, interviews and rules). :slight_smile:

I’m not saying we’ll say yes to your idea, it’s up to StupidoGoblin, but it’s worth trying, don’t you think?[/QUOTE]

Even registration on your site is in french :wink: