holy fps loss batman

(shaftz0r) #1

it is now completely unplayable. every time an airstrike is thrown, everyone drops to 20 +/- fps, but the actual fps loss on every map is evident for me, i dont know about anyone else, but im now back to 40 fps from 70-80.

also the new revive system is pretty terrible. there was no need for such a drastic change. we want an immobile revive with a spawn shield. if it aint broke, dont fix it (referring to the ET/RtCW system)

(attack) #2

[QUOTE=shaftz0r;490126]it is now completely unplayable. every time an airstrike is thrown, everyone drops to 20 +/- fps, but the actual fps loss on every map is evident for me, i dont know about anyone else, but im now back to 40 fps from 70-80.

also the new revive system is pretty terrible. there was no need for such a drastic change. we want an immobile revive with a spawn shield. if it aint broke, dont fix it (referring to the ET/RtCW system)[/QUOTE]
whats ne w with the revive system

(shaftz0r) #3

Reworked Defibrillators:

• Defibs can be charged up before a revive
  • The higher the Defibs are charged the more HP the player will be revived with (Max 100%)
  • It takes 1 second to charge the defibs to 100%
  • The higher the defibs are charged the more damage they will do to enemies when they are hit (Damage starts at 25 and goes up to 100 for fully charged)

(stealth6) #4

They obviously haven’t played BF4 otherwise they’d know that concept is a bad idea. (Charging revive paddles)

(attack) #5

[QUOTE=shaftz0r;490129]Reworked Defibrillators:

• The higher the Defibs are charged the more HP the player will be revived with (Max 100%)
  • The higher the defibs are charged the more damage they will do to enemies when they are hit (Damage starts at 25 and goes up to 100 for fully charged)[/QUOTE]

atleast, SD can still suprise me .
havent played yet, but my question is already why?

(INF3RN0) #6

[QUOTE=shaftz0r;490129]Reworked Defibrillators:

• The higher the defibs are charged the more damage they will do to enemies when they are hit (Damage starts at 25 and goes up to 100 for fully charged)[/QUOTE]

Not that I’ve been able to test the exact list there, but I definitely want those kind of nuances to appear more often. We desperately need more interesting opportunity in the sub-meta, and something along these lines would simply add a more meaningful process to a typically bland mechanic. 1000 guns or 1000 abilities won’t fix individually lackluster play- so I really want to see each individual process beefed up first.

(shaftz0r) #7

whatever they did artys weapon… its almost worthless non IS.

the new rev mechanic is whatever. it’s just silly. still no decent rev shield, so instead of implementing that, they decided to rev people with full hp. herpderp

(tokamak) #8

What Inferno said. I haven’t tried it yet but the defibs sound lovely.

Though, it would be even cooler if the revives would expand from 25%-100% to say, 50%-150%. An actual boost in potency simply because the medic took his time to warm the defibs up.

Yes, open to exploitation but worry about it when it happens. It can’t be that bad.

(DarkangelUK) #9

[QUOTE=tokamak;490181]What Inferno said. I haven’t tried it yet but the defibs sound lovely.

Though, it would be even cooler if the revives would expand from 25%-100% to say, 50%-150%. An actual boost in potency simply because the medic took his time to warm the defibs up.

Yes, open to exploitation but worry about it when it happens. It can’t be that bad.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn’t that promote the TK/revive that you oh so hate?

(Anti) #10

[QUOTE=shaftz0r;490155]whatever they did artys weapon… its almost worthless non IS.

the new rev mechanic is whatever. it’s just silly. still no decent rev shield, so instead of implementing that, they decided to rev people with full hp. herpderp[/QUOTE]

Revive shield is in. You get 100% of damage blocked for 1.5 seconds. It is removed if you fire/do the objective.

We’ll consider extending the duration, but we will not let you fire whilst fully shielded, which I suspect is why you’re still complaining about this.

(Humate) #11

Havent played it, but on paper that sounds ok.
Assuming this doesnt end up being an unlock, and its part of the core mechanics, it balances out Sparks a bit.
Also adds a bit of value to Vassili etc, with its auto-gib on hs frags.

Aside from that would be interested to see how charged defibs, plays out in contested revive situations and whether there are specific character revives that feel OP. eg full revive on Fragger

(BomBaKlaK) #12

[QUOTE=Anti;490189]Revive shield is in. You get 100% of damage blocked for 1.5 seconds. It is removed if you fire/do the objective.

We’ll consider extending the duration, but we will not let you fire whilst fully shielded, which I suspect is why you’re still complaining about this.[/QUOTE]

It’s good for me ! I’m totally agree with the fact than when you shoot you become vulnerable, but 100% health revive is maybe a bad idea. Let’s test

(shaftz0r) #13

[QUOTE=Anti;490189]
We’ll consider extending the duration, but we will not let you fire whilst fully shielded, which I suspect is why you’re still complaining about this.[/QUOTE]

after testing it for a bit yesterday, it actually kind of works, but the rev mechanic is still silly. i dont care about shooting at all actually. i think people should be locked into place when revived with some sort of animation. revving someone and having them just get up and run is what gets meds killed. have them stick in place for the length of the rev shield and i think revive issues will be solved.

im sure you’re going to want to lengthen how long it takes to charge to 100% hp. its basically instant right now

(BomBaKlaK) #14

So since today I experiment again some big frame rate drop even if I see 110 or 120 FPS, the game feel uber sluggish like a 20 or 30 FPS max. this is really weird, No sound bug only this.

(Raviolay) #15

The mouse feels off too for me also so that’s me out for this patch.