Closed Beta update v30598: Tweaking Stopwatch, Defibs, Mercs, Maps, and more

(badman) #1

The latest update comes with a host of tweaks and improvements across the board. For starters, we’ve reworked defibrillators and all semi-automatic weapons, while reducing the jump delay for all of the Mercs. Stopwatch Mode now features consistent time limits and respawn waves, while our level designers have made layout improvements to most objective maps. There are new visual effects, updated audio, and UI improvements, too, along with a batch of balance changes for several Mercs.
Full changelog available in-game and here: http://forums.nexon.net/showthread.php?1049436-Update-v30598-is-now-live!

(shaftz0r) #2

i was about to ask if there was a patch today. i havent launched in a week and just decided to. yay :slight_smile:

(BomBaKlaK) #3
  • IS to powerfull.
  • to much spread on the hip.
  • mercs warping around (Vertical warp along the walls, and traveling warp from point to point)
  • last whitechappel obj is much much better !!
  • Still waiting big maps improvements on waterloo, LB, trainyard, and canary warf (alt LB is needed) maps are still to short.
  • Need more FPS, with 8 ppl online I have huge FPS drop. as usual.

(DarkangelUK) #4

Can you PLEASE make it so binds aren’t removed with each patch? It’s becoming a chore having to reconfigure my binds every time. My days of config muddling are behind me.

EDIT: Aw man, Pantom’s double jump has been nerfed. I knew it was coming but still sad that it happened :frowning:

(INF3RN0) #5

WC last obj is great! If you guys just fix up the 1st parts of LB and WC you will have made me superbly happy. But really I think most changes I’m seeing make me feel like your on the right track with layouts. Just need those side obj/forwards to make the maps a great experience!

(prophett) #6

Agree. A new attacker route to the barrier objective on Bridge would be nice. Three routes which lead to the same small area is quite the bottleneck/meatgrind sometimes.

(RasteRayzeR) #7
  • maybe a capturable/hackable way to close one of the routes to pull the defense away from the barriers and to put pressure on the offense. That’s the kind of secondary objectives that the maps need to be really fun imo

(prophett) #8

18s is way too fast for a defensive spawn…

Needs to be 25s

(shaftz0r) #9

[QUOTE=prophett;490249]18s is way too fast for a defensive spawn…

Needs to be 25s[/QUOTE]

or not 8v8 on tiny maps. jussaiyan

(chippy) #10

Would like to try it but can’t start the game. After the loading/spash screen comes up it crashed to desktop without throwing any errors.

Reinstalled the whole thing twice.

(Glottis-3D) #11

[QUOTE=chippy;490346]Would like to try it but can’t start the game. After the loading/spash screen comes up it crashed to desktop without throwing any errors.

Reinstalled the whole thing twice.[/QUOTE]

remove ‘readonly’ from configs in the Users/My documents/My games/UnrealEngn3/Shooterengiblabla/Cfg

(Raviolay) #12

[QUOTE=chippy;490346]Would like to try it but can’t start the game. After the loading/spash screen comes up it crashed to desktop without throwing any errors.

Reinstalled the whole thing twice.[/QUOTE]

Get rid of your config that’s what was wrong with my install.

(k0k0nat) #13

and still 0 ppl. online … oh come on.

(tokamak) #14

Played with Dommaffia today.

Game feels more like ETQW now. Which is good. Finally had some meaningful combat as well.

My suggestion would be to make it even more like ETQW and then when it’s identical to ETQW, add more ETQW to it so it becomes more ETQW than ETQW itself.

(RasteRayzeR) #15

Played a bit today, the mercs feel somehow more present, more like you actually have to steer them. Also I played White Chapel and the last stage is really nice. The whole map seems a bit more gloomy than before and this is really nice, the map is getting a soul.

For me this is going in the right direction : a good mix of realism, quality and mad action. With the maps getting better, I see XT getting closer to its potential.

Here is some feedback I have (from the little I played today) :

• The proxy mines seem heavier (which is nice!)
  • Nader reload of the grenade launcher looks a bit fake when she hammers the barrel down into its slot
  • Canary Wharf’s last stage is still a bit weird when the gates are closed, maybe something could be done there for the defense
  • Still a lot of impairments that could be reduced to help the game feel more reactive
  • Can we get more blowable stuff in the maps ? Feels good you know … destroying … kaboom …

I will test it more in the next days and provide more feedback for the next run

(Kl3ppy) #16

So I played it after some time and it is improving. There are 2 things which annoy me pretty bad:

1. all this gimmick stuff (fancy xp sounds, fancy objective markers etc)
    Give an option to turn off the sounds, give an option to turn/change the HUD elements

2. It’s a bit sad that the guns killability is such wide. I just played Sawbones and his gun is meh. Hearing several headshot dings on distance and when getting killed the enemy still hast 30+ HP. Same for the high HP for Soldiers and low HP for female chars. I really don’t like this approach.

The rest is on a good way, maps are improving, performance (mainly input lag on my side) seems to be better. Was an notification email send that a new patch is live? I wanted to play some rounds yesterday evening (8pm CET) and 0 players were online. If no email was send, send an email asap because ppl don’t know that a new patch was released due to the bad nexon support/forum and the bad quality of the game for the last half year which let the active player count drop to an alltime low, even I didn’t play it since 2-3 months because the game was so bad and I’m a SD Fanboy. Some are scared away but there are still ppl who might give it a try again.

(RasteRayzeR) #17

On Nader and Proxi :

Proxi : I like the new animations on the mines. BUT she can’t kill anything anymore. Her shotgun is a disaster. I mean not only she has only 75 HP, but she has to shoot 3x to kill anyone AT CLOSE RANGE ! Please go back to the 2 bodyshots / 1 headshot damage system at close range, or she becomes darn useless.

Nader : the secondary weapon feels really nice, but I’d like a couple more bullets in the mag. Also the grenade launcher should reward more the direct hits (thx finko), and maybe get some sort of cluster explosion, because right now it kinda feels lame. I had a guy cornered inside LB’s research building, he was in a dead end hiding behind a box and I could not kill him after 8 grenades. Give a lot of AOE on it, even if you have to reduce the damage for all the indirect hits.

(Ashog) #18

oh, a patch? hmmm…

(prophett) #19

If it does go that route she should lose a mine.

(INF3RN0) #20

If proxy takes 3shots to kill, why not give her some more HP instead? Fletcher or whatever needs his sticky mines reworked; maybe add an activation timer? They are essentially grenades that OHK without needing to time them whatsoever.