titanfall beta

(shaftz0r) #1

a game that has actually live up to the hype? yes. yes it has. game is extremely fun. prolly not much comp value depending on where they decide to take the game, but its a blast so far

(Violator) #2

Got my key just now (after having got an xbox one one (one…) by mistake along with several others.

EDIT: ruben0s was the lucky winner of the xbox key :slight_smile:

(acQu) #3

Watched it on streams yesterday. Seems great fun.

PC minimum specs give hope to me.

It seems like this can be fun in the long-run (if they keep adding maps from time to time).

And to be honest: at first i was on this anti-hype-train, because pretty much all FPS titles for a very long time with some noticable exceptions, have been just uninteresting for me. Everything puked out and eaten all over and over again.

So yeah, Titanfall? Really positively surprised. Wondering how long it can keep players playing (AKA long-term motivation).

(acQu) #4

Watched it on streams yesterday. Seems great fun.

PC minimum specs give hope to me.

It seems like this can also be fun in the long-run (if they keep adding maps from time to time).

(scotty1977) #5

The videos I’ve seen look good shame its not an open beta,nice to try before you buy:D

(shaftz0r) #6

im super impressed so far. it runs amazing, not even the slightest fps lag, and it plays well. the movement system has a pretty high learning curve. the only bad parts are the useless bots, and being forced to ironsight everything

(tangoliber) #7

I think that there will be a lot of backlash against Titanfall like there was with Brink. A lot of people think there is going to be a single player campaign. While, I personally think games should either put all of their focus in multiplayer or single-player…multiplayer matches connected by cinematics is going to make some players feel like they were misled.

(shaftz0r) #8

i have no idea where anything you’re saying would have any validity. they’ve said it’s mp only from the start, and there was a backlash against brink because it was terrible. everything on idtech4 was terrible.

(Mustang) #9

Got an Xbone code for PC, gg EA does it again…

(shaftz0r) #10

there’s a thread on the respawn forums about that. i think they’re trying to fix that problem

(Violator) #11

Yep, they should sort you in a couple of hours if you mail them, instructions are on the respawn forums.

Just installed and no servers found??

(Ruben0s) #12

Game is cool at the beginning, but I wonder how long I will enjoy it. I can imagine that it will become repetitive after a few hours.

And they should definately remove the bots.

Thanks for the key violater. And yea the servers are down.

(Violator) #13

No probs :slight_smile: Servers are back up - had a good play this morning and am really enjoying it so far, there are only two maps but am enjoying the parkour aspect + some interesting weapons (smart pistol for instance). Bots are odd, they just stand there waiting to be killed most of the time though it is fun trampling a load of them in your titan :).

What I really like is you can pull off some nice moves - e.g. mid-air lock-on titan kills + the rodeo stuff.

(.FROST.) #14

//youtu.be/Fv9uuQ3T69E

(shaftz0r) #15

like any game, it can get repetitive, but the movement system really keeps sucking me back in. the bots are dumb, and hopefully they realize that and just up the player count, but im really impressed with how the maps feel with the movement.

(Mustang) #16

Add me: MustangGB

(Breo) #17

It reminds me of HAWKEN

//youtu.be/jy3weRw5UJY

(rookie1) #18

TF is Fuuuunnn! loved it

(DarkangelUK) #19

I have HAWKEN on Steam, I don’t enjoy the 100% mech thing too much. The main guns themselves are too weak, the secondary more powerful guns have too low a fire rate and are too inaccurate, this means you need to team up and concentrate fire on an enemy… it turns into two teams group hugging and anyone caught on their own is slaughtered.

(shaftz0r) #20

this is also my experience with it. if it were a little faster it could be fun i guess, but meh. i keep it installed because ill play occasionally, but thats it