new patch ups and downs

(shaftz0r) #1

first of all the negative

-this new medic is terrible for multiple reasons. minimal spread pewpew that charges and does massive dmg. no reloads and, not to mention revives from across the map = huge nerf incoming. when you do nerf it, get rid of that obnoxious gun sound. i wanted to jab out my eardrums within 30 seconds of joining a server.

now the positive.

-love the new hitsounds. its nice to hear a difference between body and headshot.
-voip is amazing. really happy that was added
-i feel like there were some performance improvements? even on a full server my fps wasnt going insane.

ill update as i play more (oh i forgot, nobody plays anymore =/)

(Raviolay) #2

Yep they remove picking up ammo off bodies & put masses of spread to prevent Rambo medic’s, then put a medic in with a pinpoint accurate weapon (if you don’t spam the trigger) that can oneshot. Another thing is why even bother with a secondary weapon with that kind of loadout? All she needs the primary weapon, I think a re-design on the weapon is needed not just a nerf. I find it hard to believe that in the near future that if that sort of weapon existed anyone would use normal guns for a start, just like with this GOD beam (orbital strike) I have seen.

I think the “medic” gun should shoot electrical charged bullets, a bit like that gun from Crysis 2/3, and it has an alt fire mode that shoots revive paddle on a wire that has a capped distance (bit like a underslung G-launcher). You say have 4 paddles that you can collect from body’s (if used to kill) or get replenished in a ammo crate, or pick up off the floor from misses and successful revives. The all guns should need ammo IMO thats why I don’t like Rhino for the same reason

(INF3RN0) #3

Sparks Rifle;

-Charged shot resets after 5s
-Full charge does 80dmg with a headshot and 40 damage with a body shot
-Some kind of overheat/cartridge reload
-Charged shot can also be used on teammates for a 50hp heal (not sure if it does already)

Rhino MG;

-Significant spread reduction levels with added zoom functionality (moving->moving IS->crouched->crouched IS->no movement); allow for some more player side control in this manner via transforming Rhino into more of a turret than anything.
-Increased damage dealt to Rhino from headshots and rear-shots

Thunder/Fragger;

-If HP is still going to be high then reduce bodyshot damage and increase recoil further on both MGs. Fragger should have moderate headshot damage with moderate recoil, while Thunder should have higher headshot damage and higher recoil. These mercs can be stronger in a 1v1, but they should have much higher requirements to use well, IE they beat other classes when getting headshots by mastering weapon control (just make crouching reduce recoil and really jack it up overall).

(shaftz0r) #4

ive continued to try and play at random times throughout the day today on my day off, and nobody is playing at all. pretty sad =/

(INF3RN0) #5

Too bad, you missed out on a lot of good fun. We had been playing for the last 4 hours or so.

(shaftz0r) #6

figures lol

(Humate) #7

Played a bit after a long break:

-200 ping doesnt feel as responsive as before (could be placebo or anti-cheat)

-Sparks weapon while different, wasnt as fun as I was anticipating

-With Rhino you cannot cannot spin-up–>move—>burst. The “spin meter” should decay instead of reset. The movement penalty feels awkward and the increased spread is terrible.

(RasteRayzeR) #8

I’ve only tested Spark yet for the update :

Pro :

• incredibly funny and efficient
  • the revives are great, can do it from the rear of the team, being an efficient and supporting medic for the team
  • needs some time to get good with it
  • The gun design is nice and brings diversity in the game

Cons :

• gun revives should have a lot of spread past a certain range (way harder to get revives from across map, but can be mastered)
  • overheat would be the best way to nerf that gun
  • the heal shots are weird : they heal too little to be worth the detection (gun shot sounds). I’d remove it and simply use the medpacks to heal
  • maybe a sound a bit less sci-fi on it ? Could be done I think by decreasing the pitch a bit. This would make more of a “gun” sound.

I played dev. friday and it was fun. Been a long time since I felt that way with XT. With the two weeks sprints, I’m confident this is going the right way.

P.S: Proxi is just amazingly fun to play and well balanced in my opinion, please don’t change anything about her :>

(Protekt1) #9

I think the railgun maybe 1 shot to the head could be a bit too much. Even 2 shot to the body could be too much. Not sure what their hp is at, but maybe if it is lower than standard. Did some 1v1 and it seemed fine but probably over time as people get used to the weapon it could dominate over standard weapons against the average toughness, seems odd for a medic weapon to be that strong. It is like a sniper without the scope and you must charge it first.

(RasteRayzeR) #10

The big advantage is that there is no reload, so if you survive long enough for your opponent to empty his clip, it’s a free win. Maybe the power could be balanced between an overheat system and/or a small HP reduction

(shaftz0r) #11

CAN YOU CLEANUP THE **** THAT IM FORCED TO SEE THROUGH THE WALLS PLEASE. sweet mother of god. ive lost count how many times i get shot first because i dont even see the person because there’s 5 obj markers and teammate icons

(onYn) #12

Give us back the Rambooooo medic! :smiley:

If there will be one shot wepons in the game (besides the sniper headshot) im out.

(spookify) #13

[QUOTE=onYn;489446]Give us back the Rambooooo medic! :smiley:

If there will be one shot wepons in the game (besides the sniper headshot) im out.[/QUOTE]

Agree and agree… Spark full charge is OP and should be cut by 50% for a HS…

PUT Phoenix back! Increase Damage by 1 and reduce spread. I dont care about the little recoil u added…

(shaftz0r) #14

the new revive shield isnt much better unfortunately. You need to lock the animation in place on rev and not allow teammates to shoot. people automatically move when they get up, which leaves the medic vulnerable, and they lose the shield as soon as they shoot, culminating into a worthless revive if there’s any shooting going on in the area

(attack) #15

is it worth to download the new patch?

(Kl3ppy) #16

Some say it’s good. I’m once more not happy with the current state of the game. Maybe xt is not what I want to play

(Glottis-3D) #17

tested for like 2 days and then returned to x-com: enemy unknown.

1. maps didnt change.
  2. the spread is still to much.
  3. but the sounds did change to the better. - feels like im hitting more than usual.
  4. Sparks is good for medpacks. Boost weapons never were my thing.

(tangoliber) #18

The new medic seems like the Killzone 2 medic…which is awesome. :slight_smile:

(shaftz0r) #19

i think its a big improvement myself. worth at least playing to test it out. the maps still make me want to die and i cant play for more than 15-20 mins at a time

(spookify) #20

If servers were full, spread was fixed and Map had no FPS lag I would play all day…