Add some spread.....

(Raviolay) #1

To ironsights, but increase the movement speed when in ironsights and have zero spread when in ironsights and crouched. I would also like some sort of preventative measure in place for crouch spammers, my idea would be in inverse of the jump penalty to accuracy. So if you spam crouch in a fight your hit box enlarges, neutering the benefit somewhat. While not impeding of the players movement in anyway, I await the negative responses :smiley:

(spookify) #2

Interesting post. SD already did one round of nerfs to crouch spammers by slowing it down. It is annoying but what the alternative m_pitch 0 and spam heads? If some one has the tough to tap crouch that many times let them do it. It makes the game a little more dynamic right now. Crouch could be slowed down just one tick but nothing more.

Hip fire just needs a little and I mean a little less spread to were it feels comfortable. Right now it rubber bullets and miss hits even though you are sure u hit the guy. With the tweak to hip fire and getting that inline then SD can focus on the iron-sights more. I do not think Iron-sights should be adjusted until we have add-ons like a red dot and 3.4x scopes. So once hip fire is fixed we can then focus on iron-sights.

It is going to be very interesting the advantages of using add-ons will be. Especially a red dot because it doesnt off much zoom however you will get the advantage of the iron-sight buff.

This will be an interesting balance but I would say focus on hip-fire first.

(INF3RN0) #3

First part sounds okay I guess. Not sure about the crouch jump spammers, havenā€™t experienced it much myself really.

(Protekt1) #4

Noā€¦ donā€™t add spread to ironsight. Are you drunk? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Mustang) #5

If ironsight would have the same spread as hipfireā€¦

(INF3RN0) #6

Well it seemed like he was suggesting making crouch+IS have the least spread. I wouldnā€™t imagine IS while standing being completely useless as a result. Maybe itā€™s just another one of those ā€œi hate iron sights in generalā€ things, in which case Iā€™d take back my reluctant consent lol.

(Raviolay) #7

[QUOTE=Mustang;488840]If ironsight would have the same spread as hipfireā€¦ [/QUOTE] with higher overall accuracy yes that would be better, but that will never happen. The only reason I asked for some spread is so it would offset faster IS movement somewhat. In every game I have played IS has some spread anyway, It might also curb a certain rifle without changing damage values. You could have the spread in IS as default and change how it works with attachments. So add two attachments and the IS is as it is now. Or put another combination and have more spread but faster still movement. As for the crouch idea you could the again speed up the crouch movement rather than slowing the game down.

(Zarlor) #8

I do agree that it feels like you are too slow when using IS right now. I feel like itā€™s not worth it most of the time for me to try and use IS when it makes me a sitting duck. I think crouching should reduce spread somewhat because like IS you would gain accuracy at the expense of mobility, but not zero when combined with IS. In ETQW there was a tactical decision you had to make about whether or not to use IS and it felt good to make those decisions, but right now in Extraction there is almost no time when youā€™d want to use it. Maybe itā€™s because the maps were bigger, or maybe because the movement speed wasnā€™t quite so slow as in Extraction when using IS? Another thing were the grenades that are absent from most mercs. It was another tactical decision you got to make in ETQW and it was fun. Maybe just give each merc one grenade and make it kind of weak. Just something to spice up the fights?

(Humate) #9

etqw is about knowing when and when not to go ironsight.
XT is about having the option of going ironsights

I generally prefer the former.

like some sort of preventative measure in place for crouch spammers

You will have players mpitching their hearts out if thats the caseā€¦

(INF3RN0) #10

[QUOTE=Humate;488864]etqw is about knowing when and when not to go ironsight.
XT is about having the option of going ironsights
[/QUOTE]

Iā€™d have to disagree. I think ironsighting in xT functions about the same as ETQW, however in xT sometimes your better off breaking into an iron-sight at medium ranges due to spread bloom after extended firing.

(Humate) #11

Ive tripled players across the other side of the map with hipfire, in XT.
I would say its optional if thats still possible (havent played in a while)

So unless you mean etqw promod?

(shaftz0r) #12

Thereā€™s almost no reason to use IS with falloff dmg, at least with the medics. the only merc i ever bother using it with is arty

(Raviolay) #13

So would you concede some spread in IS, for faster movement while in IS, and reduced damage falloff? I think if there was some spread the guns, they could be a bit more animated when fired in IS mode. Thus lending to the weapons feeling more powerful IMO.

(shaftz0r) #14

adding spread to IS basically removes the entire point of using it tbh.

(prophett) #15

this ^^^^^^

(Glottis-3D) #16

i just dont like the distance, where hipfire becomes useless, comparing to IS.
iā€™d like to see this distance longer several meters.

i can clearly see the opponent, he is not small at all, why whould i use IS? (taking into account slowdown and blockage of my view. :()

(Mustang) #17

[QUOTE=krokodealer;488891]i just dont like the distance, where hipfire becomes useless, comparing to IS.
iā€™d like to see this distance longer several meters.[/QUOTE]
+rep

#10chars

(k1ruaa) #18

Just remove spread on hip fire as itā€™s suggested by the majority of people here. By remove I mean reduce it a lot. Iron sight could still give a slight advantage but mostly for ultra far distances.

(spookify) #19

The spread isnt really to far off from being correct. Just need the feel to be right.

The ROF + Recoil +/- Spread +/- Damage +/- Effective Range (=) should equal perfect hip fire.

I think what needs to happen is Medics need to have their effective bullet range reduced. This wont give them a punch like a solider, lt or engy. However they will still have the punch at close range to down someone with great aim IE. 4 to 6 hsā€™sā€¦