When will the forum migration take place?

(Bitey) #1

So It’s been quite some time, and this forum still seems pretty active with several descent threads cropping up every now and then. This question is directed as to when we can see the nexon folks step up and streamline their forum hardware, and we can start having all the discussions in the more generalized closed beta location.

What’s the ETA on them getting their forum in a more modernized working order so that this community is more connected?

(Nail) #2

After getting totally screwed on the last two off site forums, I think I’d rather anything of significance be archived here, these forums don’t disappear.
The Quake Wars forums were great, just like here, until Activision just removed them with no archive available, thousands of discussions about gameplay and mapping, all lost
The Brink forums were and are a total joke, Betheda never answered one question on them and most tech support came from players, most of them are closed alpha players.
The folks at Nexon, nice people that they probably are, know diddily about the game because they only run the servers.
I wish the Nexon people good will, but I like it here, the atmosphere is more relaxing

(shaftz0r) #3

[QUOTE=Nail;488385]
I wish the Nexon people good will, but I like it here, the atmosphere is more relaxing[/QUOTE]

this is basically what i was gonna write, though i do agree about a more connected community. it doesnt serve the new players well when they see that the forum that they think is the main site, being completely dead

(Nail) #4

go here

count the Bethesda tech replies, the Nexon forums are turning out identical imo

(shaftz0r) #5

they arent qualified to answer any questions at all. every reply ive ever seen them post makes me cringe

(RasteRayzeR) #6

it’s a deal between SD and Nexon. They have their forums, doesn’t mean we have to use them … I feel at home here

(stealth6) #7

Who cares if Nexon answers or not? I think the point is to have discussions with everybody. Seeing as the beta players can’t see these forums we should open our discussions there so we can hear the view of all players.

There is no mapping stuff or anything of value towards the future so what’s the harm? Even if we lost everything it’s only discussion about topics that are subject to change so… Within a few months is probably outdated anyway. On top of that the same topics keep getting recycled so why not hear some fresh opinions about them instead of the same 5 people?

(Pytox) #8

this is my home, not nexon :tongue:

(chippy) #9

#1 I need to enter my log in credentials two, sometimes three times before being able to log in.
#2 My log in credentials are never saved leading me back to #1
#3 50% of the time I can’t see which posts are actually new or have new replies
#4 It feels like Nexon isn’t reading the forums. And when they do leave a reply it’s more or less a boilerplate one even on more serious questions and/or issues.

Those are my biggest reason for not switching over to it “full time” just yet.

(spookify) #10

Staying Here Thanks

(prophett) #11

Staying here. If these particular forums close down when the game goes live I’ll just continue to post in the general section.

(Glottis-3D) #12

i like this forum. :slight_smile:

(Hundopercent) #13

With all the **** I give SD and the fact that my account is still active. I will stay here. I may give them a hard time but it’s only because I want the best product they can develop.

(montheponies) #14

I dont think it makes sense to have two forums, and would suggest it’s doing harm to the closed beta having the community split like this. That said, for all the reasons mentioned above, i rarely bother going near the Nexon forums.

I’d much prefer to see the Nexon forums limited to server and launcher support, with a clear statement that game related posts should be on the developers site (ie. here), changing this forum from a closed alpha to closed beta forum.

Doubt that will happen, and dont expect we’ll have the choice of staying here much longer either way.

(Nail) #15

this
here we can speak our minds, there’s open and free discussion here, I’ve already had a post deleted there that didn’t breach any rules