Bunch of ideas ...

(RasteRayzeR) #1

It happens that I have a bunch of ideas which could be interesting or out of topic, it’s up to you to decide :slight_smile:
[B]

Operation mode
[/B]
Basically a story-driven attack, players are all together against an A.I. and have to infiltrate a building, grab the objective and make their escape. Twist : enemies are sent by waves of growing strength.

Skydiving mode

I already stated this somewhere on the forum, but what about a game mode where you are in a plane, flying over london to deliver some random goods, and you get attacked and you have to skydive with the objective. Your team has to cover you, the enemy team should kill you and get the objective. 2 minutes fall, all you see are some clouds, bits of London through holes in the clouds, and the teams diving, shooting at 200 miles an hour. With some velocity system on the bullets, could be fun.

Maps objectives

Most maps feature datacores or the EV as objectives, here is a list of objectives I believe are interesting and more diverse :

• bridge reparations over the Thame
  • radio tower take down
  • refugees camp defense
  • medical supply depot sacking
  • fuel container looting
  • crane use to extract a container (with actual controls of the crane)
  • subway ride where you have to stop them from escaping (both team on the moving subway train)
  • water barrage destruction to flood an enemy base (would love to see a barrage map !)
  • national armory raid

Carriables

So far we have only data cores, but other resources are worth extraction :

• gold tabs
  • food crates
  • medical crates
  • weaponry supplies
  • piece of art

These kind of carriables could require like 4 or 5 trips to get the goods and then leave.

Secondary objectives

This is a sensitive point and can really help getting more challenge in the maps imo. All these should be capturable by attacking team, and destroyable by the defending team :

• hackable security to avoid detection on a secondary access road to the main objective
  • deployable covers to ease progression
  • make the mounted guns buildable instead of being ready right from the start
  • capturable detection radars since the mini-map is back(medium radius)

The goal is to force offense to take risks and not camp the main objectives.

Moba elements

When I come to think of it, XT has elements from games like dota with all the mercs having different abilities, you can choose them between games, etc.

I was wondering if it could be interesting to take more game mechanics from dota-like games and integrate them into XT. Things like these :

• passive skill trees
  • legacy skills within a “class” of mercs
  • lane-like maps (which I’m doing with the Base Race)
  • random merc selection for match making
  • more crowd control elements

GUI

Could you please make sure the chat window is visible on all the screens when a game is over ? I mean in the recapitulation screens.

(Kl3ppy) #2

Operations Mod reminds me somehow at the zombie mod in CoD.

The map objectives you listed sound nice. Would be cool if we see more of the London City.

(tokamak) #3

Most of this involves dynamic geometry. Which is exactly what made W:ET so great.

(RasteRayzeR) #4

The answer is always the same : add meaningful side objectives that can attract as well defending teams as attacking ones by reshaping the combat (new routes, stronghold points, balance reverse, etc) and more than 1 route to the main objective. Do that for each stage of a map, and you have a perfect map. These would make the maps of XT so enjoyable but most of all it would definitely spice up the gameplay and the challenges as well as creating a new experience each time you play the maps.

That’s why I proposed this list, though not exhaustive. I intend to complete it further. I hope these ideas will catch SD’s interest.

(prophett) #5

Some really nice ideas in there. But the most important side objective we are missing are command posts/proper forward spawns.

Command Post/Side battle on radar is the most memorable side objective. Sick to death of requesting they add some meaningful side objectives to maps. Since we haven’t seen any to date we can safely assume we won’t be seeing any?

Non-political answer on this, Splash Damage?

(shaftz0r) #6

AT LEAST spawn points… even the current maps would get better with something as basic as selectable spawns

(RasteRayzeR) #7

[QUOTE=prophett;488362] But the most important side objective we are missing are command posts/proper forward spawns.
[/QUOTE]

I agree, but they will answer that the maps are not suitable for forward spawns because we go from stage to stage in small maps. Maybe this is the problem with the map design lol. Bit bigger maps, but mostly all I’ve already said about map design in this thread. Capturables that can benefit both teams are a great way to enhance the experience and to spice it all up.

That’s really what is missing, the forward spawns are only one type of meaningful side objectives …

(rookie1) #8

something like This ^^ should be fun :slight_smile: ,A year ago I posted something about 2 trains in motions

K …I imagine 2 trains rolling side by side
def on one att on the others
figthing and possibly jumping in the other train …
map =Kill them all would be fun