TAW European Battalion recruiting

(Chronicler) #1

Well, as topic says, TAW EU Battalion is looking for new players.

Maybe I should begin by telling you something about the TAW EU Battalion…

We are a nice group of people, no lamers, there are currently 25 of us, with a few incoming,
we gather twice a week on tuesday and sunday and play for up to a couple of hours.

Tuesday and Sunday 20:00 GMT, optional warm-up for 40 minutes, then we usually start up by 20:45 gmt
and play for another 1h-1h30min.

Lists of current members of TAW EU and the entire TAW Division (press show members):
http://taw.net/unit/1309.aspx <- EU Battalion
http://taw.net/unit/54.aspx <- TAW Quake Wars Division

Even though a few players are on leave we have nice activity, last practice we played 11 vs 11.

Either we do practice or have our own internal tournaments, we play all kinds of mods, but mostly
the tactical assault mod.

All the vanilla maps are played, and about 20+ custom maps, we do dabble in different other things as well,
personally I find the custom scene adds a new dimension to the game.

I would say we probably currently have the best servers around, though I’m not a technical guy.

You are welcome to come and play with us as a guest, applications to become a member are done on taw.net “Join TAW”, the EU Battalion is the 2nd Battalion.

Member requirements:
*15 years or older
*Basic understanding of the English language
*Being able to make at least one practice/event a week
*Good behaviour

I hope you will try playing with us as a guest! Contact me at chronicler@taw.net

Yours Sincerely

Chronicler/Niklas

Commanding Officer
TAW EU Battalion
The Art of Warfare

(acekiller345) #2

[QUOTE=Chronicler;488272]Well, as topic says, TAW EU Battalion is looking for new players.

Maybe I should begin by telling you something about the TAW EU Battalion…

We are a nice group of people, no lamers, there are currently 25 of us, with a few incoming,
we gather twice a week on tuesday and sunday and play for up to a couple of hours.

Tuesday and Sunday 20:00 GMT, optional warm-up for 40 minutes, then we usually start up by 20:45 gmt
and play for another 1h-1h30min.

Lists of current members of TAW EU and the entire TAW Division (press show members):
http://taw.net/unit/1309.aspx <- EU Battalion
http://taw.net/unit/54.aspx <- TAW Quake Wars Division

Even though a few players are on leave we have nice activity, last practice we played 11 vs 11.

Either we do practice or have our own internal tournaments, we play all kinds of mods, but mostly
the tactical assault mod.

All the vanilla maps are played, and about 20+ custom maps, we do dabble in different other things as well,
personally I find the custom scene adds a new dimension to the game.

I would say we probably currently have the best servers around, though I’m not a technical guy.

You are welcome to come and play with us as a guest, applications to become a member are done on taw.net “Join TAW”, the EU Battalion is the 2nd Battalion.

Member requirements:
*15 years or older
*Basic understanding of the English language
*Being able to make at least one practice/event a week
*Good behaviour

[/QUOTE]

Just want to throw out 2 things: 1) The North American Battalion is also looking for new members, so feel free to apply there if you arent in Europe!
http://taw.net/unit/1308.aspx

1. “Good behavior”. What we mean by this is as follows: No cursing/keep it to a minimum, no trolling, no breaking “weapons red”, which means no firing in warmup, and just generally be a nice person.

(Chronicler) #3

A quick update on this thread and some additional info.

Since I posted this thread TAW EU has gained 4 new members, maybe more, I might be forgetting someone like I usually do.

I also want people to know that it’s okay to be in TAW Quake Wars and be in another clan in a game like Extraction, TAWs moonlighting rule only applies if TAW has a division in a game.

TAW EU Battalion is most likely also having optional events weekly in addition to our mandatory practices in the future because of our growth.

If you want to help keep Quake Wars alive, join TAW :). If you want to try playing with us as a guest contact me at chronicler@taw.net

(Snotling) #4

What happens if TAW decides to go on Extraction? The TAW members playing under other tags must join the newly created division?

(Chronicler) #5

Well, from what I hear that is unlikely to happen, at least for now.

But basically if it did happen that person would have to decide between staying with TAW or playing with their other clan yes, the policy basically only makes an exception of being in other clans if that clan has a game that isn’t in TAW. But it’s a bit of a fuzzy rule and sometimes based on judgement.

(Sgt_Henchman) #6

hello friends,
where can I buy a license code Enemy teritorry Quake

(Chronicler) #7

[QUOTE=Sgt_Henchman;506118]hello friends,
where can I buy a license code Enemy teritorry Quake[/QUOTE]

You can buy copies and second hand copies on Amazon I think. There is some licensing issue so it’s not sold anymore at the moment.

E-mail me at chronicler@taw.net if you need more help :slight_smile:

(Chronicler) #8

TAW EU is growing and still recruiting!

We are currently 29 members on the EU side of TAW Quake Wars playing twice a week, sometimes thrice.

If you want to get a chance to play custom maps in larger teams or just have some team-based play, try playing with us as a guest!

(Chronicler) #9

Just another update,

TAW EU is still ofc recruiting, as always.

Currently we are 29 members on the EU side with probably quite a few incoming, at least there is a lot of interest.

For the next 2-3 weeks everyone is welcome to play with us as guests, after that we will start up our next TAW EU internal Battle For Earth tournament that from what it seems will have pretty nice prizes.

Hope to see people join us to play as guests!

(Chronicler) #10

We are still going strong! Join up!

(Chronicler) #11

Realized I haven’t posted for a while, things are still going on in TAW EU and NA if anyone wants a fun group to play with, we have internal tournaments and other competitions upcoming! :slight_smile: Come play as a guest if you are unsure about joining!

(Chronicler) #12

Once again, since last post was in April, we are still recruiting guys if you want to play with an active group. Soon starting up our next internal tournament!

(doankhuong92) #13

how to signin

(Chronicler) #14

You can either apply on taw.net or come play with us as a guest, just message me if you want to do that.

(Chronicler) #15

Hey guys, we are still around, starting another internal tournament soon. So come join TAW EU Quake Wars :)!