Tournament invitation from The Art of Warfare - European Battalion

(Chronicler) #1

Hello everyone!

Thought I would copy the american side of TAW and invite europeans to a tournament organized by TAW EU.
(You are allowed to use non-EU players on your teams).

I have already sent out invitations to Villa, Aardvark, Lulu and BulletHell and gotten some preliminary interest.

TAW EU itself will provide 2-4 teams depending on how many players other clans/teams can provide, I will also
ask former members of the Quake Wars division still in TAW if they want to jump on a tourney to see if we can create maybe 1-2 additional teams. People outside of clans that are able to assemble a team are also welcome to show interest.

How would this tournament work?

I would say that teams between 4-9 people would be ideal, TAW would be able to manage higher, but then it would be better to just play a match between clans instead rather than have a tournament. The exact size of teams will be decided once we know how high interest is and what others are able to get together for the tournament. We can use different maps depending on team size.

The time period of the tournament can be done in any way, TAW has many tournament modes, our Battle
for Earth mode would be a tournament over one month, 8 events total, each event about 1h-1h30 min, could
also be a shorter Code Red tournament, maybe 4 events over 2 weeks, same time period.

We could play campaigns, objective or stopwatch, either custom or vanilla.

Custom campaigns in current use by TAW (we have many different variations but these are mostly used):

North Pole: Steedium Mines, Arctic Assault and Maridia
Central Europe: Radar, Commlink and Canal
Western Europe: Estate, Nightraid (ATW3) and Free Spirit City
America: Meltdown, The Tower and Retake of the Andes
Asia: Construction Site, Base and Sabotage (Base is usually exchanged for something else).

There are also many other playable maps, like Sky, Glory of the Weak and so on.
If we have teams of 5-6 or even smaller, maybe teams of 4. Many maps like Abusir
and similar smaller skirmish maps are also playable.

The vanilla maps you know.

Rules will be decided between the teams before tournament begins.

Games would be played on TAW EUs Tactical Assault-servers, TA1 and TA2, teamspeak
and streaming will also be provided by TAW.

If you got any questions or want to express interest to join, you can reach me at chronicler@taw.net

Hope you will join us in our tournament!

Yours Sincerely

Chronicler/Niklas

Commanding Officer
TAW EU Battalion
The Art of Warfare

(alphabeta) #2

I think this is great! Keep the game going!

(Gradis) #3

doo eet. il join a plankton if you got 1 going.

(CaliberWorkz) #4

Sounds great! so what are the teams so far? (ill be happy to play for a team if needed extra player)

(Chronicler) #5

I have gotten some preliminary interest from clans. But so far there are no teams. (But this thread was put up 2 days ago lol).

(Snotling) #6

Any news about that tournament or is it cancelled?

(Chronicler) #7

Well, although I got some preliminary interest from other clans first there has been silence since.

We are now talking internally about having teams with 4-5 people on them, since that might make it easier, for other groups that want to field a team. TAW EU itself will have 4-5 teams.

I am gonna talk to AJ and perhaps Aardvark will be able to field a team. Other than that we will see.

Remember this was suppose to be EU only, maybe we will have to discuss things with TAW NA and have a combined NA-EU tournament.

(Rex) #8

How much do you pay me to play for TAW?

(acekiller345) #9

A shiny clan tag!

(Rex) #10

When is the final? I bought popcorn…

(acekiller345) #11

No idea, thats a Chronicler kind of question.

(Snotling) #12

Chronicler, any news about this event?

(Runeforce) #13

You turn up Sunday and Tuesday @ 20.55 CET in the game and whisper to Chronicler (or any other TAW QW EU member,) that you would like to join the session…we warmup and then frag in the Battle 4 Earth!

Tournament starts @ 21.45 CET, so if you have questions or special requests ,you have to show up early, and talk to Chronicler on Teamspeak.

It’s an ongoing, repeating event! You’ll like the company as all in the QW division of TAW are hardcore dedicated!

And You are welcome to join us without having to “join us.”

(Rex) #14

It’s an Aristotle kind of cup. :wink:

(Snotling) #15

[QUOTE=Runeforce;492484]You turn up Sunday and Tuesday @ 21.50 CET in the game and whisper to Chronicler (or any other TAW QW EU member,) that you would like to join the session…then we frag in the Battle 4 Earth!

Tournament starts @ 22.00 CET, so if you have questions or special requests ,you have to show up early, and talk to Chronicler on Teamspeak.

It’s an ongoing, repeating event! You’ll like the company as all in the QW division of TAW are hardcore dedicated!

And You are welcome to join us without having to “join us.”[/QUOTE]

Thank you Runeforce, that’s what I wanted to know! See you soon in game then. :slight_smile:

Haha, Rex, I hope it won’t be so… :smiley:

(Chronicler) #16

[QUOTE=Runeforce;492484]You turn up Sunday and Tuesday @ 21.50 CET in the game and whisper to Chronicler (or any other TAW QW EU member,) that you would like to join the session…then we frag in the Battle 4 Earth!

Tournament starts @ 22.00 CET, so if you have questions or special requests ,you have to show up early, and talk to Chronicler on Teamspeak.

And You are welcome to join us without having to “join us.”[/QUOTE]

Correction here though, our practice starts at 20:00/8pm GMT, then there is a 45 min spin-up, then the tournament starts 20:45 GMT

And you should rejoin Runeforce!