crossfire is the highest grossing f2p game in the world

(shaftz0r) #1

if that doesn’t make you REALLY sad, i dont know what to say. that pile of crap, completely cheated out game is the worst of worst. If this game doesnt blow that pile of trash out of the water, i might quit gaming forever (lolyeahright)

http://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/us-digital-games-market/

(Ruben0s) #2

I was surprised as well, but than again it’s a clone of one of the most popular fps game since ever. And the game runs on chinese PC’s. And well since pay to win is normal in that part of the world…

And it doesn’t make me sad, since it shows that games still can be succes full without iron sights.

(Protekt1) #3

link?
char

(prophett) #4

[QUOTE=Protekt1;487815]link?
char[/QUOTE]

(Protekt1) #5

Still need a link =/

(prophett) #6

First one -_-

(Protekt1) #7

[QUOTE=prophett;487819]First one -_-

… the first one doesn’t have that chart for me :stuck_out_tongue:

To be clear I wanted to read the source of the data anyway.

(Ruben0s) #8

Google my friend…

http://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/us-digital-games-market/

(Pytox) #9

and tf2 have 3 million active players
http://youtu.be/YsLEWjj-10w @ 5:52

(Protekt1) #10

[QUOTE=Ruben0s;487861]Google my friend…

http://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/us-digital-games-market/[/QUOTE]

I already got the link from someone else. Google wasn’t going to show me the exact article that the OP read and that is what I wanted to see.

(shaftz0r) #11

the up side to this information (at least something that should give us hope) is that there are games from nexon on there.

(attack) #12

and why is this positive?it only shows that nexon knows how to squezze the biggest amount of money of players!

btw it would be much more interesting to have a statistik about the money payed per user.
maybe someone can google this.

(shaftz0r) #13

its positive because those are successful games, which means this game will get a ton of support. that’s important, and i wasnt aware of how successful those games still are tbh

(Protekt1) #14

[QUOTE=attack;487899]and why is this positive?it only shows that nexon knows how to squezze the biggest amount of money of players!

btw it would be much more interesting to have a statistik about the money payed per user.
maybe someone can google this.[/QUOTE]

Well if they remain committed to the statements they made about being not pay to win, I think this bodes very well for the game’s future.

I don’t see any perfect world entertainment games up there, despite blacklight retribution being a very good game hosted by a company that has published many F2Ps… so the publisher does seem to matter. According to these numbers, Nexon is the second highest grossing f2p publishers in the world.

(stealth6) #15

I think it means Asia is the market they should be aiming for.

(Hundopercent) #16

Then XT better switch to a top down view instead of FPS. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(attack) #17

do you not see the problems?
this list shows that success havent anythink to do with quality.
the industrie doesnt invest and gets money like hell out of it.
an dungeonfighters that high, that has nothing to do with fair buisness models.

lets take a look of this alpha in there beginn.
many of us have payed for testing the game , ye SD had maybe other motives.
its more baout the industrie itself
do you know how expensive this testing is normally for companys? so they dont only need to pay smth they also let us pay for working for them.

(Protekt1) #18

[QUOTE=attack;487953]do you not see the problems?
this list shows that success havent anythink to do with quality.
the industrie doesnt invest and gets money like hell out of it.
an dungeonfighters that high, that has nothing to do with fair buisness models.

lets take a look of this alpha in there beginn.
many of us have payed for testing the game , ye SD had maybe other motives.
its more baout the industrie itself
do you know how expensive this testing is normally for companys? so they dont only need to pay smth they also let us pay for working for them.[/QUOTE]

I’m pretty sure several of those titles are actually pretty decent games. I never played crossfire but I know a lot of other people who used to play it. I’ve actually heard good things about most of the games in that list.

It also takes time for a f2p to pick up speed. They don’t start off as blockbuster sellers but if its supported over time it’ll make a ton.

If SD had other motives for offering payment to get into the testing, why are they offering full refunds to people who request it for any reason? I think you’re just imagining things or pulling **** out of thin air to make statements like that. Sure, they could have paid for testers but I think the approach they are taking has lead to big success in other games with player betas.

(INF3RN0) #19

I didn’t realize some people here were the official judges of good games and bad games…

(Protekt1) #20

My license to judge games sanctioned by the 2010 game criticism Geneva Convention says my opinion is regarded as international law.