Skins

(-PogS-) #1

Hi all,

So far, I am really disappointed by the quality of most skins. For example Cobalts are really basic to me. Nothing worth paying for them to me. I am prepared to pay for alternate well designed models that really stand aside from the standard model, not just recolored skins.

Take example of Smite : They have basic recolors that can me bought with ingame money and real money and complete model overalls with voices that can only be bought with real money.

Standard model and skin :

Alternate skin :

Alternate model :

I really hope Devs have something similar in their pipeline. What do you guys think ?

(BioSnark) #2

Smite is a bit of an outlier in great quality “reskins” which are actually whole remodels. Dirty Bomb needs to take the basic steps of separating gameplay from cosmetics, first.

(-PogS-) #3

I totally agree with the separation.

I also would like the loadout card preview screen to be modified. Have the Loadout Card and enemy/ally selection list moved on the right part of the screen somewhere so that you plainly see the model.

(ToonBE) #4

It has been said a lot already. We need 3 cards: Load out cards, merc skin cards, weapon cards (those ofcourse double as skins). I think it has already been confirmed that weapon cards are in the pipeline, but that leaves the problem persevere where a merc skin is attached to a load out.

Take f.e. sawbonez. I only want to play with just one load out, being the load out with “get up” and “potent pack” ability into the same load out. I would never use a merc skin no matter how cool it looks if it is attached to a different load out. This results in me just sticking to 1 card while I would be happily buying/grinding for a good looking skin.

On topic: I agree that they need to be more creative in the skins they produce, although your example is quite extreme.

(-PogS-) #5

Of course this is extreme, this is a modern game and it’s harder to be so creative but still. There are tons of things they can do.

(DB Genome editor) #6

For those who were not around back in 2013… :wink:

Alternate Arty:

Alternate Bushwhacker:

(BioSnark) #7

I didn’t realize camden had textures so long ago. Seems like mappers were all reassigned to unannounced :frowning: