Disappearing threads?

(.FROST.) #1

Maybe I’m stupid, but I have the feeling, that some of the threads here in this forum are missing. And it seems as if they weren’t just moved to another section, but entirely removed from the site. It must’ve been at least two of them. I mean if so, it’s OK for me, but I’m wondering, why it wasn’t enough to just close them. They weren’t all that positive, but I don’t remember anything over the top offensive in them.

(Kl3ppy) #2

Does a thread title come into your mind? I just had a look and there was 1 thread I moved from general to the bug section and 2 threads were deleted because some guys created thredas to flame eachother.

(.FROST.) #3

Maybe I’m talking about those “flame threads”, but kinda missed the point when the flaming started. It was something like; “why I stopped playing XT”, or something like that. The other thread had a quite similar title, at least from the meaning of it.

It’s not like I wanted to fuel the discussion with further negativity, but I was just curious if somebody had written something interesting; devs/and forumites alike.

(Kl3ppy) #4

There is one in the VIP Section, maybe you looked in the wrong section :wink:

The closed/deleted threads were just stupid flaming, no xt content and stuff was in there :wink:

(Raviolay) #5

[QUOTE=.FROST.;487250]Maybe I’m talking about those “flame threads”, but kinda missed the point when the flaming started. It was something like; “why I stopped playing XT”, or something like that. The other thread had a quite similar title, at least from the meaning of it.

It’s not like I wanted to fuel the discussion with further negativity, but I was just curious if somebody had written something interesting; devs/and forumites alike.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Shifty.;487251]There is one in the VIP Section, maybe you looked in the wrong section :wink:

The closed/deleted threads were just stupid flaming, no xt content and stuff was in there :wink:[/QUOTE]

I think the thread was why I am close to quiting XT… in the general section.

(Kl3ppy) #6

Oh, I remember the thread. Yes, I cant find it. I looked till september 2013. Maybe someone from SD (badman) can give some info about this.

(.FROST.) #7

Yeah, exactly, that was it, or at least something very close.

(.FROST.) #8

It’s entirely removed. I can’t even find the replies, I wrote, in my dashboard/reply-history.

However, they did it for a reason and you can’t really blame them for that. If I would’ve been them I would’ve pulled the plug on many more threads.

I was just curious and also kinda surprised, nothing else.

(Raviolay) #9

I think it might be because the OP of that thread created this one, http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/38923-Top-4-areas-to-improve that coved the extact, or very close the same point’s/topics.

(badman) #10

Nothing’s been removed, but we occasionally rename threads to more closely match what’s being discussed in them, especially when there are several threads covering similar subjects. I’m personally not a fan of merging that stuff together as some other forums do, since you’ll just end up with the most disjointed discussion ever.

Thread you’re trying to find is this one here: http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/38923-Top-4-areas-to-improve

(.FROST.) #11

That’s strange because I could’ve sworn, that I’ve I replied on something Inferno said in that respective thread, and then subsequently 1-2 more times; but I just can’t find it; neither in this thread(http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/38923-Top-4-areas-to-improve), nor in my reply history. But whatever, nevermind, it wasn’t that important. Maybe it was an entirely different thread than I’m thinking. Don’t know.

(shaftz0r) #12

i was gonna say, they’ve been renaming some threads. ive had 1 or 2 renamed, but i understand why.

(badman) #13

Just checked the moderator log to make sure - none of your posts were [strike]molested[/strike] recently.

(.FROST.) #14

I got it now, it was this thread here (http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/38874-How-to-make-Extraction-more-appealing), but I’m pretty sure it got re-baptized as well. That’s why I couldn’t find it.

(Mustang) #15

It was re-named from “Game is barely catching people” to “How to make Extraction more appealing”.

(ailmanki) #16

Garbage dump => Sanitary landfill