New TAW BFE

(alphabeta) #1

TAW regularly runs a BFE: Battle For Earth internal tournament. Up until now it has been open only to TAW members; one TAW group fought another TAW group. On their last BFE they began inviting “floaters” (outside players). They hoped to keep ETQW going as long as possible. For their next BFE they would like to invite an outside team to play and have asked me to help organize it. There will be an organized match every Sunday at 9PM EST. Every one is invited; no particular skill level is necessary as the server holds 32 slots. This is played in the Quake Wars Tactical Assault mod which is similar to Pro Mod. As soon as you sign onto their server it will download all the necessary files. It also includes custom maps so if you are tired of playing the same 12 maps over and over this is the place for you. Competition will start in 3 weeks. Please PM me if you are interested.

ETQW will never die! :rolleyes:

(Rex) #2

Is this the mod with blood and a Desecrator on Salvage?

(acekiller345) #3

Blood yes, Desecrator yes if a certain feature is enabled (which we wont have enabled)

(Runeforce) #4

Although the TA mod is used, it is configured so close to vanilla that you probably will not notice much difference. Trickjumping (vanilla movement) is enabled!

Question: will the ‘outsiders’ have to gather a team or should they just show up on teamspeak and be picked for teams? If it is the former it will require a high level of commitment, not so much if it is the latter.

(Dthy) #5

You know the games dead when TAW is having to open up there internal tournaments :smiley:

(light_sh4v0r) #6

My thoughts exactly :wink:
Good move though, have fun everyone involved!

(acekiller345) #7

We dont have to, we still have a solid 20-25 who show up, we just wanted a change in people we play :stuck_out_tongue:

(.Chris.) #8

I’ll see if can get a playable test version of the city map was working on released for this.

(acekiller345) #9

[QUOTE=.Chris.;487223]I’ll see if can get a playable test version of the city map was working on released for this.

[/QUOTE]

We would be more than happy to test it for you :slight_smile:

(alphabeta) #10

Obviously I would like to have at least a core of people who will show up regularly; obviously we want to be competitive. But no commitment is required.

(Rex) #11

So why do you use a mod than at all?

(Runeforce) #12

New vehicles, blood, improved rof, new abilities. It’s just minor changes, but welcome ones. And I am sure there are some technical reasons too.

By default TA mod feels very different from vanilla, but not so much with TAW changes. It just feels like an improvement of vaniilla and promod, and allows for a wider range of configurability, for the purposes that TAW uses the game for.

(Rex) #13

[QUOTE=Runeforce;488180]New vehicles, blood, improved rof, new abilities. It’s just minor changes, but welcome ones. And I am sure there are some technical reasons too.

By default TA mod feels very different from vanilla, but not so much with TAW changes. It just feels like an improvement of vaniilla and promod, and allows for a wider range of configurability, for the purposes that TAW uses the game for.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

(badman) #14

Great stuff. If you keep me in the loop on these, we’ll promote these events on the front page, Twitter, and Facebook.

(acekiller345) #15

Feel free to promote this anywhere and everywhere badman. We could use some new people to play with on our server :smiley:

(Runeforce) #16

Alphabeta/Acekiller, when does the 1st battalion plan to start their tournament? (Ofc, you don’t HAVE to sign up, you can just drop in. Alphabeta has the details, like ts server pw and the stuffs. PM him for the details.)

(acekiller345) #17

I believe draft is this sunday and then a week of practice… so i want to say the 9th. Or 11th. One of those.

(alphabeta) #18

Everyone is invited. The games have been incredibly competitive and especially fun because of all the custom maps.

(Ashog) #19

Someone said practice? :slight_smile:

(acekiller345) #20

Feel free to join us Ashog… PM me if you want the passwords and such :slight_smile: