Ingame RANKINGSYSTEM

(Domm) #1

Hi and a happy new year…!

Im plying less and I see more of the “old” players are gone or little active.
I see the forum is dead, it was a time when it was alive…

If there is more players that would like the same thing as me, INGAME ranking system-Tournaments/Ladders/Division…etc PLEASE MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD HERE… !!

Make the DEVs see our interest!

Over and out.

(Armedmanus) #2

YES!!! we need something new in game!!! Ranking would be ideal…
I think after this tournament, I’m pretty much done playing since I’m just bored now with nothing new in the game…

(Mitsid) #3

Yes!!! Hundred timesYes! :))))

(SuperNge) #4

Thank you, Domm!
And Yes!!! We need something new, something interest. I really consider to retired after this Cup:(

(Jerry-Rigs) #5

They are already a number of in-game ways that are supposed to give you some sort of rank. There are problems with each.

Capt rank: This only tells how much you have played. Even if you lose every game you play, you can still make level 40.

Capt score: same complaints.

Scores on challenges: Only compares you to your friends. Game updates that change the dynamics of the game render some pre-update scores virtually unbeatable. The score display is SLOW.

Please maintain and display game statistics. Show a spreadsheet of opponents and maps with w/l listed and duplicate that for each match size. Provide that info via a an API and some enterprising individual will provide a 3rd party ranking system for you.

(tinker) #6

I do not like ranking systems that much…
at least not when it is only about the ranking…

if someone of you has played fantasy rivals [strategy online card game, based on betting and bluffing] (or is playing it) … they have a nice ranking in my opinion.
actually it is not about the ranking, it is about the important-ingame-currency. ( there are also “coins” and “gems” where gems are like rad bux, needed to buy special packs)
you may buy the Gems via IAP or earn them by missions OR (that’s actually what i want to tell) playing ranked matches.
there are 5 “leagues” which kinda show how good you are (or at least your w/l ratio) - and you may earn 1 gem every X hours, where X gets less as you climb up the leagues. (goes from 5 to 1 hour)
every week (as bonus) when you played 40+ ranked matches, you gain gems - the higher in ranking you are the more gems you get.
I think this goes from 5 to 25max.

having a ranking system only for rankings makes no sense to me.
a matchmaking system would make a sense in general … but in rad soldiers? players in the upper leagues probably wait for 1-2 days till a started game gets matched to someone.
the ranking system would indeed help when we also got tournaments going on. I like that more after some pre-rounds … to have matched games, so new players don’t get kicked out in the first rounds… but maybe have a chance till the very end.

there’s one last thing I’d like to mention
in League of Legends there is one league (at the very top) which actually brings you to tournaments.
with an awesome win/loose ratio (even against players and/or teams in the upper field) you get into that league and kinda get invited to tournaments (correct me if I post that wrong, played lol for a month but wasn’t very interested in the ranking system - matchmaking sucks hardcore in that game…)
but this just as an example
I like the idea of having a little tournament bonus - either of getting invited, being a round ahead, or getting more coins for playing it. I’ve seen it other way around, that new players get the bonus, only need to win 1 of 3 games to get further, skipping first 1-2 rounds or something … (you get the idea)
but semi-pros seem to create smurf-accounts to abuse this…

but ranking should not be everything.
in rad soldiers, as in some other games- it should not be the point to be the best but to be in an area with people who have nearly the same skills. - to have a good idea of who you might challenge if you want to have an even match.
tournaments should be the thing to show your maximum skills and who wins against whom… although it probably is like in chess, at the very top there is no “best”- or at least it is very hard to tell … you win and you loose against other good players.

that’s my opinion so far…
with friendly regards
tinker

(SuperNge) #7

[QUOTE=tinker;487117]
there’s one last thing I’d like to mention
in League of Legends there is one league (at the very top) which actually brings you to tournaments.
with an awesome win/loose ratio (even against players and/or teams in the upper field) you get into that league and kinda get invited to tournaments (correct me if I post that wrong, played lol for a month but wasn’t very interested in the ranking system - matchmaking sucks hardcore in that game…)
but this just as an example
I like the idea of having a little tournament bonus - either of getting invited, being a round ahead, or getting more coins for playing it. I’ve seen it other way around, that new players get the bonus, only need to win 1 of 3 games to get further, skipping first 1-2 rounds or something … (you get the idea)
but semi-pros seem to create smurf-accounts to abuse this…

but ranking should not be everything.
in rad soldiers, as in some other games- it should not be the point to be the best but to be in an area with people who have nearly the same skills. - to have a good idea of who you might challenge if you want to have an even match.
tournaments should be the thing to show your maximum skills and who wins against whom… although it probably is like in chess, at the very top there is no “best”- or at least it is very hard to tell … you win and you loose against other good players.[/QUOTE]
I just think very normal about this. Like we have ranking system for level 40 only and at least have 30-40 match online (your w/l ratio). And we have 4 or more tournament a year for 8 and 16 on top (maybe 32 for 1 open tournament). For every tournament we have qualification (for un-ranking system player) play for the next, 1-2 player can joint. Thats all. We can keep them interesting, keep them play for longer and make another player (not on top) some target. For sure every tournament will have coins and gems.
Exp. like Atp ranking system.
Maybe we can have it or not, it doenst matter. But we need something new, something have a system for developmental game. And for player dont leave it.
Its my opinion:D

(Jerry-Rigs) #8

I may phrase it a little differently but I think Tinker sums it up well.

[QUOTE=tinker;487117]…in rad soldiers, as in some other games- it should not be the point to be the best but to be in an area with people who have nearly the same skills. - to have a good idea of who you might challenge if you want to have an even match.
tournaments should be the thing to show your maximum skills and who wins against whom… although it probably is like in chess, at the very top there is no “best”- or at least it is very hard to tell … you win and you loose against other good players.
[/QUOTE]

I don’t want a ranking system to prove I’m better than someone else. Of the people I’ve played a few times it is pretty easy for me to tell where I rank. I want a ranking system to find other people (that I don’t know or haven’t played in a while) that are currently of similar skill so I can get an interesting match. If I usually win against PlayerA and I usually lose against PlayerB, is there anybody else that usually wins against PlayerA and loses to PlayerB? That’s the person I want to play. The level system doesn’t do that. A ladder system might. In order to work the way that I want it to, it would have to be in-game with default of “opt in”. Tournaments are fun but they are limited and require a long time commitment. The forums are great (when they are active) but not everyone uses them.