Why Closed Beta?

(acekiller345) #1

I’ve been wondering this for a while, and figured might as well just go out and ask.

Why was XT pushed into Closed Beta like it was? The game was obviously not ready for closed beta. Its still a boring and bad game with a ton of issues, and now we have people expecting it to be in Open Beta soon/asking if they should spend their time with the game.

To me, it seems like the only reason XT was pushed into Closed Beta (probably pressure from Nexon) was so that Nexons name/logo could get thrown around and so that we would have to use their forums to report stuff and have threads. Is there a reason other than this?

(Raviolay) #2

Apparently it was due to not wanting to take the game down for a while, before they launched the closed beta if I remember correctly. However I don’t buy it I personally think it was because of financial reasons, just like the partnership (publishing deal) with Nexon. I think the original intention was to self publish as they have a platform for it (fireteam), just as they did with Rad Soldiers.

(rookie1) #3

The success at PAX with the good comments there was probably the big trigger, SD was very excited ;).
But in one way I see it as a good decision because now they realize with more players comments that Xt was not really ready for a CB.

(Protekt1) #4

I thought they did it to get the ball rolling on more players being active. I think they wanted more feedback from more people. I don’t check the nexon forums much but from this forum I know the quality of feedback is dwindling cause people feel like SD needs to conform to their feedback.

(Hundopercent) #5

They don’t need to but they do need to do something.

(Protekt1) #6

Yep
10char

(ailmanki) #7

Just get some fair fights… every ET server empties in no time when teams ain’t fair. Every noob leaves when he gets pwned. Every pro leaves when there is no challenge (takes a little longer usually - lol)…

Thats why PAX was so exciting, everyone was more or less noob.

(Protekt1) #8

[QUOTE=ailmanki;486543]

Just get some fair fights… every ET server empties in no time when teams ain’t fair. Every noob leaves when he gets pwned. Every pro leaves when there is no challenge (takes a little longer usually - lol)…

Thats why PAX was so exciting, everyone was more or less noob.[/QUOTE]

If they do ladders right the matchmaking should be much better than just random. I expect there will still be community servers, but I hope they have single player entry ladder and a team ladder. They’ve said they’ll be supporting a team ladder (haven’t revealed much info about this though), but I think a single person ladder with random teammates can go a long way tbh for even casuals just trying to find a balanced match to join. Not an ELO system, more fluid that helps you get to your level of expertise much faster.

(viruzz.) #9

To be honest I don’t get it either. I’ve been wondering for quite some time now. Hoped to find a decent clarification on that but so far nothing. Also i’m still wondering how to get the founder status on the Nexon forums, as it appears not even to be available to me.

Hope the game gets more active anytime soon by our ‘alpha’ players. I still have hope. But that’s the hope in SD and no in Nexon.

(spookify) #10

Sooooo Much work to be done… CB for 1 more Year Yeah!!! OB for another year! Yeah!!! Release 2016 :wink:

(DarkangelUK) #11

IIRC, ETQW closed beta was just over a year and open beta was like a month or so. ETQW had much more done when closed beta rolled out though, the maps were more or less done and no blockouts and all chars/weapons/vehicles we’re finalised.