Top 4 areas to improve

(shaftz0r) #1

i want to start by saying that i give this game every chance possible, and overlook A LOT to keep me interested, but there are just way too many issues currently to keep anyone interested.

the first and probably the biggest is the performance, which has been reiterated 100 times. Its just impossible to enjoy any aspect of this game when i go from 70-100 fps to 20-30 in every firefight. the chop is abhorrent.

maps are boring, and uninspired. too fast, too much meat grind effect ectectect. we’ve hashd all of this out before

gunplay at this point is ok at best, but its obvious what classes to play for frags, and which to just be downright annoying. automatic gibs for snipers, 2 mines and shotguns, spray and rape heavies. i understand that you want classes for new players to use, but you need to think about how OP these mercs are in the hands of good players.

obj/classes? oh wait. we dont need to bother with those anymore. at the very least stop allowing every class to plant. the dumbed down effect of this is brain numbing, and completely defeats the entire purpose of even having classes, or running support behind them. zero skill curve = who cares tdm

im just not enjoying any aspect of the game right now. im sure this will change for the next patch, but sweet jesus im having a hard time coming up with ANY positive aspect of this game right now.

(warbie) #2

I stopped playing and posting for pretty much the same reasons, albeit some time ago. Every few patches I’ll hop back on, but, despite being a long term RTCW and ET player, simply don’t enjoy the game or feel like I can contribute in a positive or constructive way any more - which is why I don’t.

(Rex) #3

To sum it up again: (shaftz0rs points)

[ul]
[li]Performance[/li][li]Maps[/li][li]Merc balance[/li][li]Where are the class distinctions? (everyone can plant, …)[/li][/ul]

No offence, but it’s just that every new opened thread is a repetition about the same problems over and over again.

That’s sadly the case for most players. Actually nothing changes, if the next patch will be another balancing patch for the mercs. :frowning:

(shaftz0r) #4

none taken. i knew that when i posted this, im just at my wits end with it. i probably wouldnt be as turned off if the maps were fresh and performance were fixed at least a little bit. It bums me out right now. i have high hopes for this game still, im just annoyed

(Glottis-3D) #5

yep, i post what i feel every time i feel…that is eveyr time :slight_smile:
…those testers…

(k0k0nat) #6

Ill give u a super-duper nexon-community-manager like anwser:

We are aware of those issues and we are working on it. We are happy to announce A LOT of new stuff in the next time. Every player should play the game under THE BEST circumstances! Just have more patience.

But please dont ask me specific questions!

(shaftz0r) #7

their replies to the threads over there hurt my brain really bad lol. im trying really hard not to troll them at every turn

(BomBaKlaK) #8

We barely have some news, it’ like talking with a bot …

(shaftz0r) #9

prime example today. one map (LB) 7v7, map ends, entire server disconnects.

(k0k0nat) #10

Com. Manager: Yeah, we will announce A LOT of new stuff that will effect those players!

(n4ts) #11

I just played the game (first time since november), and I didn’t see ANY improvement.
So I’ll just wait for another 2 months from now on.
Cya then. Bye

(Protekt1) #12

:rolleyes:

(shaftz0r) #13

if he missed the last 2 balance patches, i can see that perspective. it would seem like it went backwards if you look at the map changes

(k0k0nat) #14

[QUOTE=n4ts;486248]I didn’t see ANY improvement.
[/QUOTE]

I cant miss Rhinos ass :smiley:

(Seanza) #15

Played tonight for the first time in a while and it wasn’t much fun, sadly.

I really want this game to be popular, but there are some vital elements which are dissuading me from playing it. Player retention is a huge problem just now, and I think that is simply because there is still no clear vision for this game - at least to us mere mortals. This could possibly be fixed by having a dedicated patch day once every 2 weeks or something like that, just something for everybody to look forward to.

(Evil-Doer) #16

Interesting…

(Hundopercent) #17

Really? I find it pathetic. 365 and still no worthwhile spawn system, maps are still abysmal, and the gunplay is lackluster at best. Some things have improved but overall the game feels in a worse state than it was a year ago.

At this rate maybe we’ll get the changes we’ve been asking for in 2 - 3 years when no one gives a **** about this game anymore. :rolleyes:

(INF3RN0) #18

No one to play with NA still, but mostly bland game play variety to me. I can play it in short spurts and I enjoy drafts, but I have a lot of other games I choose to play first. I won’t ask for specifics, but I still don’t see any unique selling point to the game yet. I know what it is supposed to be, but I don’t really feel it yet. All I am really interested in these days are games that are new, interesting, and offer some long term reward.

The next key give away you guys do though, I recommend not giving current players friend invites. I think we’d be better off with a limited time public give away.

(fubar) #19

So, essentially you just made the same realization I and many others have made weeks ago, again, and even months… prior that.
It made me feel rather delusional, promoting and supporting the game amongst the close group of people I shared keys with, trying to make up excuses for every seemingly nitpick they had, but in reality - this game does not offer anything we don’t already have in the ever growing world of free2play games, it has a massive list of problems that lack addressing. It does not have a big or welcoming learning curve to competitive minded people. It does not have a fun, ever changing, non-linear design to it, which I suppose the maps are to be blamed for, and more importantly, it just… doesn’t play well.
I’ve gone out of my way of getting keys over the past weeks and months to get players to enjoy and like the game, I’ve grinded hours trying to come up with detailed and somewhat sophisticated input/feedback for the game, but in the end it genuinely was all for naught. The game is simply not appealing to me or my group of friends and I don’t think SD is to blame for that, we’re just not the right target group, but even so… For a beta, or alpha, there’s too many things that are tough to deal with, from a player’s perspective.
People have been voicing their concern over simple gameplay mechanics for months without ever being heard, I have all the respect for SD for having been so interactive these past months, but ignoring the bigger concern, while addressing minor things, to keep up the illusion of developer presence and activity within the community, really does not help. You want the game to go a specific direction, we get that, but even so… state it. Don’t let people sit in the dark hope for this or that or some other patch to maybe sneakily change they’ve all been hoping and wishing for, for well over a year now. There’s really no need to be this secretive in regards to what you plan for the game, at the very least it’ll put things into perspective for your testers.
For starters, here’s an idea, discuss upcoming patches, or gather input on your proposed changes prior to throwing them up live. I’ve heard and read a few stories that are rather heartbreaking, certain people having begged and plead at you for weeks to not go ahead with a few “adjustments” on the recent patch, only to be ignored and the entire community over on the nexon board, as well as here, having raised these exact same concerns. It feels like you’re just setting yourself up for a slap in the face at some point.
I went in here, expecting another great SD title to hop into the footsteps of ET, which, was obviously not the case - and albeit a bit saddening, not the end of the world, I don’t mind new titles, I enjoy games, but whatever it is you’ve got going now with your Brink/TF2/CoD/LoL hybrid, it simply doesn’t work for me, and in quite honesty, I - personally, don’t ever see it being played competitively, not without a lot of money being pumped into it, for certain type of individuals to have a reason to play it, as opposed to it actually being a good, balanced and enjoyable game.

Rant over, take it or not, it’s merely my ignorant view of the game. As it happens, I’ll still look up for Extraction when it’s nearing it’s release, who knows, maybe by then things will have changed and I come to like it. Gave away the 13 beta keys I had stored up to a few people on IRC as well as a handful on WarWitch’s stream last night, might just bring you the activity it needs, but… I rather doubt it.

(RasteRayzeR) #20

[QUOTE=Seanza;486289]Played tonight for the first time in a while and it wasn’t much fun, sadly.

I really want this game to be popular, but there are some vital elements which are dissuading me from playing it. Player retention is a huge problem just now, and I think that is simply because there is still no clear vision for this game - at least to us mere mortals. This could possibly be fixed by having a dedicated patch day once every 2 weeks or something like that, just something for everybody to look forward to.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the lack of communication coming from Nexon is a real problem because even if the in-game issues are far from new, this is the first time since the opening of the alpha that players are leaving. My guess is that when SD was handling the communication, we had a lot more information to feed on and we could prepare ourselves for whatever was coming.

In the end the gamers get what they want or leave, and right now they are leaving. Time to pause the development, sit around a table to find solutions, and then resume.