Last update feedback

(RasteRayzeR) #1

Here is my feedback after playing the Xmas EVAC Zone cup :

MENU

I really like the new menu, it is more responsive and the lookup for games is easier with this intermediate screen before connecting. The char customization is nice, I’m waiting to see how this evolves. I have spotted a few things :

• The chars selection with animated 3D chars gets all dark if I get back to windows and then back to the game.
  • The same screen gets a slight flickering on the 3D chars.
  • When I click on a server in server selection, it moves somewhere else in the list and I lose focus.

PERFORMANCES

I know this is not the case for everyone, but I got a nice boost of performances. I’m not sure if this is only an impression, but the whole game looks more fluid and responsive. However I tend to have a slight lag when I start firing a weapon, which is even more noticeable if I have a higher ping.

My rig : i5-4660k, 16GO RAM, GeForce 760GTX

ANIMATIONS

I like the new animations on the guns when running but I find them a bit exaggerated. It almost feels like my chars are high when they run. The ragdolls are looking good now, but sometimes it feels like gravity is not realistic (shotguned a guy, he learned to fly but the fall was not as hard as i would have expected/hoped for).

WATERLOO

Waterloo has gained from removing the hackable console. I feel the gameplay is faster and more intense now. However I also find that the balcony where the console was feels empty now. The “1 way” up there limits the action and I would like to see a back door possibility up there. Also the balcony on the right (for the attackers) has only one entrance through the escalator and provides a way too important spot to defend a plant on the second container. There should be two ways to get up there.

The first stage has clearly changed in a good way with the new positions of the vehicles. I like it and it’s easier to find cover. Also jumping on the van to get to the other side of the wall has worked wonders to the gameplay by offering an alternative. I would like to see more of that type of routes in the maps.

PROXI

• I like the two mines, but I still need to put them both at the same place to achieve a kill, otherwise they are useless except as a detection tool. But globally I like this change (just takes more time to set them both in the same place instead of having a single mine). I would like to see a slightly faster landing time of the mines.

• I feel like the shotgun is less powerful, which is somehow a problem as most of the time I get only one chance at killing an enemy with 75HP, but I need two headshots to do it. This is disturbing and I’m clearly less efficient right now. The close range killing sprees are limited to 1-2 kills instead of 2-4. As Proxi is really made for defense, I’d like her to get back a bit of power on her shotgun otherwise you are just not powerful enough at close range and too easy to kill at medium to long range. In the end I feel like all I do is dying with Proxi and that I need to rely even more on the mines to get kills.

• The SMG is perfect IMO. Good damage, clip size is nice and reloading time is correct.

• Shotgun reload animation : when reloading the shotgun, I get the bullet’s case mesh floating above the shotgun for the duration of the reload.

Globally I like the changes, but right now Proxi is pretty much good at nothing but objective defense using the mines, and I really would like her to be able to do active defense (offensive route capture and hold). The shotgun is the real problem IMO and it pretty much balances the whole char. I would like either a bit more health (so I’m not a one shot to all other chars, with maybe 80HP ?), or real close range power.

This is what I got so far, I’ll keep playing this update with other chars.

(spookify) #2

Cool start screens and cool sound. I was on yesterday but there was no USA players to test…

I seems like I got a performance boost and was around 200 to 250 FPS with some drops into the 100’s.

Performance increase loading maps also… It took like 4 seconds to load a map.

Something felt a little odd while I was running around… Mouse Lag and screen tearing was noticeable even in the little bit I played… I also rubber-banded a lot while flat out running around the map.

For some reason it didnt feel like my 144hz Monitor was being used right on default settings and then also with everything turned off. Vsync and all the crap off… I will need to tweak my CFG…

I would suggest another advanced Menu for MaxFPS and refresh-rate…

Maybe an in-game tool to test mouse lag or mouse hz.

In-game test to show Monitor Hz and or refresh rate.

In-game lagometer…

Change Head Shot Hit Sounds to ET like sound.

M_Pitch adjustment…

Here’s the big one… Stop making the game so Crosshair based… Just because other games are using a lot of cross-hairs doesn’t mean this one should. Its an arcade FPS. I hate the narrow view, high movement and recoil… Give me draw gun 0!!! People have been asking for this and it should be a sign people dont like crosshairs… Again this isnt BF or COD… You are wreaking the game to much worrying about Cross-Hair spread vs hip fire spread…

Crosshairs should only be used at super long ranges and to counter fall off damage… It makes people sick at close to mid range trying to use a crosshair and track someone in a game like this.

If you keep going this way there are going to be so many pro exploits… Toggles and Macros and scripts that will be like having the crosshair up but still being able to move and without the gun showing… If crosshairs become so OP people will need to play at the highest FOV or have FOV toggle scripts when firing…

Stop making Cross-hairs sooo darn important… Have them there for only a few situations. Take a survey!

(Glottis-3D) #3

[QUOTE=spookify;484882]
Stop making Cross-hairs sooo darn important… [/QUOTE]

surely you mean Ironsight?
i agree on making ironsight an OPTION, not a MUST at long range.

(attack) #4

[QUOTE=krokodealer;484914]surely you mean Ironsight?
i agree on making ironsight an OPTION, not a MUST at long range.[/QUOTE]
agree, currently its rly hard to hit without or better said its lotto.
im still for remove IS or implement it like in quake wars.

(Protekt1) #5

I’m okay with ADS being important at long range. I just wish they would get different sights in already so we can start using them instead of the ironsight. A clearer field of view can work wonders on some of the guns’ ADS.