Toggle controls functionality

(Litego) #1

Using the toggle controls such as ADS and Sprint in this game does not feel right. The problem is that in most games the toggle is canceled if other actions are being performed.

ADS should toggle off during a reload and when you start sprinting.

Sprinting should toggle off whenever you stop moving, crouch, ADS and shoot.

Crouch works as expected.

Basically whenever you do something that temporarily disable the function, it should just turn off.

(Mustang) #2

No thanks.

(Zarlor) #3

The one that gets me the most is that it returns to ADS after a reload automatically. I’d like that one removed if nothing else. It’s just too confusing as compared with any other game I’ve played.

(Rex) #4

Well, saying this for long now…

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/38415-Re-opened-Reloading-scoped?highlight=scope

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/35822-Reloading-scoped?highlight=scope

(BMXer) #5

So no jump while sprinting? And no jumping while ADS? Last thing this game needs is a jump nerf.

(Mustang) #6

It really is a personal preference thing, I appreciate the way it behaves right now, but I can understand why to some the opposite behaviour would be desirable, so if it’s going to change make it an optional on/off so players can decide their preference.

If anyone’s interested I use a reverse ironsight bind (i.e. push-to-unironsight, release-to-ironsight) but I doubt we’ll get an option for that. :tongue:

(Litego) #7

Damn, I must have been pretty ****ing tired when I wrote this. I’m gonna take that out of the OP, of course you should be able to jump while sprinting and ADSing.

(Ashog) #8

I’m surprised anyone still uses toggles nowadays, and even more surprised they complain about it being clunky, as if it’s not what the thing is all about…

(Smooth) #9

This is bugged :slight_smile:

(Mustang) #10

Wait, it’s bugged as a suggestion not a bug right, at least make it optional.

(Kendle) #11

I use toggle on IS as I have it bound to a mouse side button, holding down that button whilst also trying to aim and fire is not a good idea as I’d have to significantly alter my grip when shooting IS compared to hip. I guess I could get round that by using a different button, but a decade of using the same buttons for the same things is a hard habit to break.

The biggest annoyance for me is reloading returning you to IS if you were IS before reloading. It might make some sense logically but in practise you reload between gun-fights, during which your default stance is not IS. By all means make it optional, but at the moment it’s a bit of a pain, and can make you dead if you don’t specifically toggle IS off before reloading.

(Ashog) #12

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have IS on ALT because m2 is used for crouching. There is a lot of sweat for me to get used to another layout and I don’t see why I should because it works seamlessly now and I am sure my crouching response is faster than if it were on x or something.

The only proble was always that I couldn’t jump and shoot with sniper scope in ETQW (and seems like in Xt too), but who cares, there’s such a low demand for that in daily gaming and is not vital.

(Mustang) #13

I love hearing about everyone’s crazy control setups.

(INF3RN0) #14

Capslock is my crouch and tools on mouse scroll, otherwise all defaults.

(shaftz0r) #15

i crouch with mouse 2 and have defibs on middle mouse. i personally have no issue with the current control scheme, though it would be nice to bind abilities per merc