Medic Stats request

(Hundopercent) #1

Can we have a stat pull on the top 10 phoenix players (after Sawbonez Nerf.) Highest KDR, Accuracy, KPM, Headshot%.

Can we also have the same stats pulled for Sawbonez pre-nerf.

(Protekt1) #2

[QUOTE=Smooth;484432]

[/QUOTE]

More stats would always be nice though.

(Hundopercent) #3

I’m looking for the actual players and their specific stats.

(attack) #4

why?
and isnt the number of heals same important than acc?

(Raviolay) #5

[QUOTE=attack;484593]why?
and isnt the number of heals same important than acc?[/QUOTE]

Because you will likely find it’s the same 10 players that are skewing the combat figures, and there playtime with other classes would be within the same ranges. I also would be willing to bet if you did a table with team heals (not self) and revives there would be considerably fewer of the fragger top 10 in healing table. Ultimately if heals were in the stat request what would be considered the preferable stats when putting them altogether in a leaderboard?

(Protekt1) #6

I think they’re just doing their best they can balancing with the stats that they have. I wouldn’t be surprised if they took into account who was doing what with their stats.

Real balancing will require tons of information that just isn’t readily available. But they still need to do balancing with what they have and what they know about the game, also based on their own experience with the game… just to get ready for open beta where the real balancing should happen.

(Hundopercent) #7

[QUOTE=attack;484593]why?
and isnt the number of heals same important than acc?[/QUOTE]

Not for what I am looking for. I want to see if the same players who played Sawbonez switched to play Phoenix. In addition I want to see what their fragging stats are. Balancing classes on data pulled from 50 - 100 active players seems like a poor approach. In addition, they’re trying to cure the symptoms and not the disease. Nerfing the gun to trash will fix the problem but in the most negative way. They should really be buffing and fixing other classes so they are more enjoyable to play.

[QUOTE=Protekt1;484614]I think they’re just doing their best they can balancing with the stats that they have. I wouldn’t be surprised if they took into account who was doing what with their stats.

Real balancing will require tons of information that just isn’t readily available. But they still need to do balancing with what they have and what they know about the game, also based on their own experience with the game… just to get ready for open beta where the real balancing should happen.[/QUOTE]

That’s fine and I agree. However, for the past 12 months we have done nothing but tell them what needs to be done to resolve the gunplay and they are only taking bits and pieces and trying to make it work. That or they will make the changes 6 months after it was suggested and major changes have already been released that indirectly addressed the issue (in which case it was an unneeded buff/nerf.)

The current model is not well thought out. Moderate Spread, Moderate Recoil, Low Damage, Smaller Hit Boxes, Moderate movement speed = Spray and Pray from anything over 20m. I’m not a low sensitivity player, I run 800 DPI @ 9 sens and my 360 is around 9 inches. That’s relatively small compared to the 14 - 24 inch 360 players. Even with my higher sensitivity I have to lift my hand and reset my mouse positioning while firing because the recoil is so retarded on the Lt. Anything outside of 20 - 30m is heavily luck based vs skill.

If you’re going to run a moderate spread + recoil system that’s fine but I don’t believe having to get 4 - 7 headshots with moderate speed is the right direction.

Low Spread, Low Recoil, Low Damage, High Movement Speed = Functional system
High Spread, High Recoil, Very High Damage, Slow movement Speed = Functional system
Medium Spread, Medium - High Recoil, Medium - High Speed, low damage = Retarded system

Playing the game within 20m is far more satisfying than playing at over 20m.

If this post is **** I apologize it’s almost 04:00 and I’m tired but in short. The gun play is frustrating and confusing. They need to pick a gunplay model that fits their game and not try to make a hybrid bastard system that is atrocious in order to try and appease a “wider audience.” That’s something they tried to do with Brink (among other things) and it didn’t pan out well.

Hundreds of invites + Empty servers should be a warning sign to stop following your echo stats and start listening to the people supporting your product for the last year. I don’t get it…

(BomBaKlaK) #8

Yep stats is one thing, feeling is another, I’m agree with this point of view.

(attack) #9

they have heard on us with LB :)(finally).now its playable

(Hundopercent) #10

Is it?

It’s still a meat grinder on every objective. I’m happy they removed the ending, I thought that was the worst part of the map (others disagree.)

Do they plan on changing the spawn system? If so, why are they making changes to the maps without the spawn system being overhauled? If not, why are we still playing this game that will ALWAYS be a TDM/Meatgrinder because the spawn system is catered to players with the brain power of a zombie.

(Protekt1) #11

[QUOTE=strychzilla;484650]
That’s fine and I agree. However, for the past 12 months we have done nothing but tell them what needs to be done to resolve the gunplay and they are only taking bits and pieces and trying to make it work. That or they will make the changes 6 months after it was suggested and major changes have already been released that indirectly addressed the issue (in which case it was an unneeded buff/nerf.)

The current model is not well thought out. Moderate Spread, Moderate Recoil, Low Damage, Smaller Hit Boxes, Moderate movement speed = Spray and Pray from anything over 20m. I’m not a low sensitivity player, I run 800 DPI @ 9 sens and my 360 is around 9 inches. That’s relatively small compared to the 14 - 24 inch 360 players. Even with my higher sensitivity I have to lift my hand and reset my mouse positioning while firing because the recoil is so retarded on the Lt. Anything outside of 20 - 30m is heavily luck based vs skill.

If you’re going to run a moderate spread + recoil system that’s fine but I don’t believe having to get 4 - 7 headshots with moderate speed is the right direction.

Low Spread, Low Recoil, Low Damage, High Movement Speed = Functional system
High Spread, High Recoil, Very High Damage, Slow movement Speed = Functional system
Medium Spread, Medium - High Recoil, Medium - High Speed, low damage = Retarded system

Playing the game within 20m is far more satisfying than playing at over 20m.

If this post is **** I apologize it’s almost 04:00 and I’m tired but in short. The gun play is frustrating and confusing. They need to pick a gunplay model that fits their game and not try to make a hybrid bastard system that is atrocious in order to try and appease a “wider audience.” That’s something they tried to do with Brink (among other things) and it didn’t pan out well.

Hundreds of invites + Empty servers should be a warning sign to stop following your echo stats and start listening to the people supporting your product for the last year. I don’t get it…[/QUOTE]

You definitely make a good argument for combat outside of 20m with the speed of strafe and the amount of headshots required.

I don’t get the empty server either… gotta wait til like 6pm or later to maybe get an hour in on a US server.

(shaftz0r) #12

you’ve been able to play sub 120 ping? lucky :stuck_out_tongue:

(Mustang) #13

Isn’t it just easiest to accept that there isn’t enough player data to get the balance done perfect, or even well at this stage of the game’s lifecycle.

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable goal to attempt to balance the game so that every character is played equally, if that means nerfing a character at this stage to get the playtime up on the others then so be it.

I think it’s safe to say that if their playtime falls drastically then they’ll get a buff again at some point.

(Ashog) #14

Haha, the list will show the 10 rambo medics who have best pc’s, that’s all. So useless.

(INF3RN0) #15

I bet if we looked at the most heals/revive stats it wouldn’t be any of the “primarily support players” either though.

(Glottis-3D) #16

The problem here is, that medics are realy weak atm, due to spread*low damage. But when played in a right way they always will be the most KPM guys. Medics now run behind Soldiers/FOPS, help him, and finish the opponents, if soldier dies. There are very few if any rambo-medics out there. Everybody play medic+fops or medic+soldier.

But this is wrong way. If SD want medics to be played by new-comers. Medics have to be stronger. Im afraid, that no one will play medics after several 1v1 vs soldier or FOps.

And once again please STOP tweaking spread. change damage/rof/recoil.

(DB Genome editor) #17

Why would new-comers expect medics to be able to successfully go toe-to-toe with soldiers and FOps? That’s part of the ET culture, but if we’re talking about true off-the-street new-comers with expectations based on common sense alone (as opposed to what was present in previous SD games), it makes perfect sense that the killer class (soldier) should dominate the healer class one-on-one. If there is to be any sort of balance between mercs, medic can’t be as good at killing opponents AND heal teammates AND revive them.

(Glottis-3D) #18

did i say “as strong as soldiers”? nope.

current medics are uncomparable with soldiers (i am not even talking about Rhino).
take medics from from ETQW - they were weaker than Soldiers but they had much more chances 1v1 vs them.

(DB Genome editor) #19

[QUOTE=krokodealer;484797]did i say “as strong as soldiers”? nope.

current medics are uncomparable with soldiers (i am not even talking about Rhino).
take medics from from ETQW - they were weaker than Soldiers but they had much more chances 1v1 vs them.[/QUOTE]
My apologies if I misunderstood the point you were trying to make, but I still don’t see how the current situation would discourage all new-comers from playing medics, as long as you feel like you can contribute equally as a medic as with another class? What I expect will happen is less frag-inclined players picking up medics and leaving the role to players that are more support-minded. And in my opinion it’s a good thing for the game because the latter are less likely to run off on their own, more likely to stick with their teammates and focus on healing and revives. It’s much more frustrating to join a team with 3-4 medics only to realize that none of them are healing or reviving.

(Humate) #20

^ Leading to these less frag-inclined medic players getting fragged and not being able to play support.