Choppy games after new card.

(Tandem) #1

After a new amd radeon hd 6870
my games are suddenly slow and choppy.

Previous card worked fine. (geforce gtx 460)

Any help appreciated.

intel core i5-2400 @3.10 GHz 3.30 GHz
4gb
64 bit

(ailmanki) #2

No idea since I have nvidia, but I remember this thread (quotes below) and I remember its a driver issue.

[QUOTE=jawsh569;483192]Update:

I know I said I uninstalled the amd video card driver and reinstalled. That was the beta 11.3 version. (had to update in order to play Battlefield4). I went back to Amd downloads and downloaded version 13.9 Release date 9/18/13 and installed. Fired up Wolf ET and now I get a constant 125 fps.

So for now solved. Hope this thread could help someone else cause I spent almost a week on this one. =)[/QUOTE]

(Dragonji) #3

In addition to ailmanki’s post, disabling Catalyst AI for W:ET might give you some extra FPS as well.

(WuTangH) #4

New AMD drivers doesnt work well with ET… /r_primitives 2 solved this problem to most of people.

But maybe new card is another case… o.O

(Mateos) #5

For old OpenGL games I’ve always seen recommendation like keeping the late stable drivers (for instance Duke Nukem 3D Megaton gives troubles with beta drivers from either NVidia or ATI; seems the very latest stable of ATI gives anyway troubles, while the before-latest stable is fine…). Dunno if this helps :confused:

(Tandem) #6

Installed 13.9, rebooted
then a pop-up then told me, because it was incompatible,
use display manager to “enable amd-adapter or update driver manually”.

The device was gone from device-manager,
and I couldn’t locate the display manager or amd adapter.

Uninstalled 13.9 and re-installed AMD_Catalyst_13.11_BetaV9.5
game appears a little less choppy,
but like to test it out more
and try these others too. thxthx

(twt_thunder) #7

(Mateos) #8

Waaaaay outdated:
http://www.hardwareheaven.com/mobility-modder-discussion/204843-mobility-modder-status.html

(alvin) #9

THIS, thank you WuTangH

(Tandem) #10

[QUOTE=WuTangH;484562]New AMD drivers doesnt work well with ET…
/r_primitives 2 solved this problem to most of people.[/QUOTE]

Worked. -Thanks