custom cfgs arent working

(shaftz0r) #1

game is now completely unplayable again. im happy i spent $250 on a new vid card that i just got in yesterday and was actually able to play with 80 fps for an hour before this patch. Setting cfgs to read only crashes the game. this needs to be fixed asap or you’re going to lose 3/4 of the player base within hours

(Protekt1) #2

I’m okay with playing the game at 40-50fps atm. But hopefully you guys get around to figuring out how to boost performance and/or fix this as soon as possible.

(shaftz0r) #3

im getting 30-40 that dips to 20 in a server with 6 people. unacceptable. with my cfg i would be completely fine with a steady 50-60 in a full server

(Crispy) #4

shaftzor, can you post the contents of your config file within

tags so we can take a look?

(fzl) #5

this is not correct shaftz0r …after the update when you 1th time launch the game… you must do this with standard configuration

then make your private settings…quit and reinstall your old custom configs …start game again … check all variables …quit again and set to read only…

this worked fine for me

bet regards

fzl

Note" Crispy there is a horribvle mouse input lag delay after the patch … plz take a look on this

(Crispy) #6

[QUOTE=fzl;484497]Note" Crispy there is a horribvle mouse input lag delay after the patch … plz take a look on this[/QUOTE]Please make a new thread so we can track this issue separately and others can comment on their experiences in this regard.

(fzl) #7

i make a new tread about this …

(Crispy) #8

[QUOTE=fzl;484499]i make a new tread about this …[/QUOTE]Yeah just found it:
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/38752-Unplayable-Mouse-input-lag

(fzl) #9

wow you are a fast guy…

i would place the link in my post …but i was too late …hehe

(INF3RN0) #10

My cfgs don’t work either. I’ve tried even using yours fzl :o game crashes on launch.

(INF3RN0) #11

I identified that the crashing is coming from something in Engine.Engine. Replace everything else, but that and it should work.

(ailmanki) #12

Dunno since it doesn’t crash for me :slight_smile:
But check your log files guys, often its very obvious.

(shaftz0r) #13

confirmed. copied the default Engine.Engine setting over what was in my cfg, and was able to set read only without crashing on launch.

[QUOTE=Crispy;484496]shaftzor, can you post the contents of your config file within

tags so we can take a look?[/QUOTE]

my cfg is the pastebin link

[http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/37379-?nxid=266](http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/37379-?nxid=266)

(Ashog) #14

Now Crispy owes a cookie to someone, for almost completing his job :slight_smile:

(Mustang) #15

I have never set mine to read only and it’s never been overwritten other than by a new patch, which is desired otherwise I’d be missing out on SD’s tweaks.

(shaftz0r) #16

if you havent, it resets back to default, like any hud changes. it’s happened every patch for me

(Anti) #17

With some updates we will have to add new info to configs to support new features, this is why they have to be overwritten just as mustang said.