Need Lua Script That Forces Cvar

(system) #1

I tried the globalcombined.lua for silent and it won’t sv_Cvar or force, also tried in config and in console, the sv_cvar and forcecvar don’t work at all, dafug even tested forcecvar sv_cheats 1 but that didn’t work… Wierd as it works jaymod and etpro

(Micha) #2

What are you talking about?

The globalcombined.lua is to close exploits/bugs in the game and force some balancing (covertop sniper rifle).

Anyways lua can set cvars with (example): et.trap_Cvar_Set( “sv_cheats”, “1” )
But I don’t see a reason to do so. Just add the following to your server startupline: +set sv_cheats 1

Forcecvar is to force client cvars to a specific value.
Some mods also got sv_cvar to force clients cvars into a range, exlude stuff and more.

(hellreturn) #3

Jaymod doesn’t have LUA support and silEnT mod has build in fixes of globalcombined.lua and doesn’t need it.

http://www.crossfire.nu/journals/151178/comp-mod-features-qa

Menu like config, added more option for players like sound and hud a mouse settings and more, there are now 14 huds to choose from, adding etpro map scripts to work with silent, lua script working too, givin players use of commands to check a players silent server profile to check if they cheat, simple things but in a sense take ages to edit

silEnT mod comes with 3 themes: 2 modified and one of stock ET theme and there are different HUD options available since ages.

ETPro map scripts or any map scripts work with silEnT most of the time. I use same map scripts over ETpro, silEnT, ETpub, Jaymod, NQ and Nitmod and have been working fine since ages. LUA feature existed in silEnT since first build.

I am not sure what you are editing in silEnT mod when all the features exist in mod itself.

PS ET is opensource but silEnT mod is not and it’s same with other mods like NQ, Jaymod, ETpro, etc.

(Dragonji) #4

I don’t get who gives this guy +reputation, he desperately wants to be a “negative hero” here.

Commenting his Crossfire thread, I guess he does not even know how to compile any code in any IDE, how can he do an anticheat or a mod then?

(system) #5

Nooo I dont want sv_cheats 1, that was an example im on about sv_cvar m_pitch in 0.015 0.022… Stuff like that! I tried to do it in silent but still it let me change my m_pitch lower and higher than the set! also if you read properly I never said jaymod had lua support just that it had the forcecvar and sv_cvar feature… Also you to are off topic.

My question is why won’t the sv_cvar work or the forcecvar for the clients. So if theres a way to force it with lua I will try lua!

(WuTangH) #6

You sure that force m_pitch is good idea? … If im right, lot of mouses have this option itself… When you force m_pitch on server, players change this setting on mouse, and for those who dont have such good mouse, it becomes unfair… :confused:

(ailmanki) #7

Rtfm…

(hellreturn) #8

[QUOTE=impulsive96;484285]Nooo I dont want sv_cheats 1, that was an example im on about sv_cvar m_pitch in 0.015 0.022… Stuff like that! I tried to do it in silent but still it let me change my m_pitch lower and higher than the set! also if you read properly I never said jaymod had lua support just that it had the forcecvar and sv_cvar feature… Also you to are off topic.

My question is why won’t the sv_cvar work or the forcecvar for the clients. So if theres a way to force it with lua I will try lua![/QUOTE]

Jaymod doesn’t have the forcecvar and sv_cvar feature.

sv_cvar and forcecvar both exist in silEnT mod and you don’t require LUA to force it but you can try one :smiley:

(Micha) #9

Lua is only server side so you can’t force clients!

My question is why won’t the sv_cvar work or the forcecvar for the clients.

Next time post the script line or cfg part so we can check why it’s not working.

I’m not sure about silent mod but I use this for my mod:

sv_cvar [cvar name] [mode] [value1] [value2]

Forces a client cvar. Usage for the mode can be: EQUAL (EQ), GREATER (G), GREATEREQUAL (GE), LOWER (L), LOWEREQUAL (LE), INSIDE (IN), OUTSIDE (OUT), INCLUDE (INC), EXCLUDE (EXC)

example:
sv_cvar cg_bobup IN 0 0.005
sv_cvar cg_fov IN 90 120
sv_cvar r_ambientScale EQ 0.5
sv_cvar r_nv_fogdist_mode INC NV GL_EYE_RADIAL_NV
sv_cvar r_lodcurveerror GE 60

NOTE: Don’t use this (sv_cvar) for anticheat purposes. To much stuff may lag.

(system) #10

Yeh like i have sv_cvar m_pitch IN 0.015 0.022
“not forcing it just not letting anything out of it”
and still it won’t work? hmm i don’t know why.

(system) #11

The command is there to use, server regonizes it but it won’t work :confused:

(Nail) #12

etpro

http://wolfwiki.anime.net/index.php/Cvar_Restrictions

(Micha) #13

Which mod do you use? Just silent mod, etpro or “a mix”?
-> “mix”: sv_cvar is coded in qgame and cgame and mixing up different mods will brake some codes.

You need to give more details else we can’t help you.

(system) #14

Fully silent

(ailmanki) #15

Its nice that you all want to help him, but he should just read the manual :S

(system) #16

Actually if you read i have stated i have tried what it said and its not working. That’s why i have came to ask. maybe you should answer for real instead of stating low jesters that i should do something i have already tried or maybe not at all.

(system) #17

btw thanks micha for trying to help me!

(ailmanki) #18

… Download silent again, read the docs/server.html which is included.
and you find this:

Forcing Client Settings

silEnT server is able to force client cvars to certain values or ranges by using forcecvar and sv_cvar commands. sv_cvarempty will clear all the sv_cvar commands the server has loaded.

To use the possibility, the g_mapConfigs must be set. All forcecvar and sv_cvar commands that are placed in the default.cfg, will be executed on every map start. Those settings can be overloaded by using a map specific cfg name [mapname].cfg. More help is available at silEnT forums.

(system) #19

I tried that :confused:

(ailmanki) #20

I hope you didnt try it with sv_cheats? Give more details.

The silent download even comes with a prepared default.cfg …