new patch better have a sticky bomb nerf

(shaftz0r) #1

“omg we dont want everyone to have nades” so lets give an engi sticky bombs, that work just as good as nades, but can stick to anything so you have no chance to avoid them in certain places. oh hey, lets give him a shotgun and an auto pistol too.

(rookie1) #2

<----- Made you one :slight_smile:

(TracyJackson) #3

when is the next patch, if i can know?

(Mustang) #4

I got three weeks off at Christmas, so hopefully new patch will be out and Aussie servers will be back by then.

Planning on grabbing some new PC hardware so that should keep me entertained.

Also heard whispers that there’s a new year’s resolution to keep patches more frequent.

(shaftz0r) #5

yeah i have a 760 coming in the mail, and im gonna wait for xmas to get a new mobo and cpu.

seriously though, i played with this merc today, and sweet jesus it needs nerfing badly. i got a frag on almost every single sticky bomb i threw

(Humate) #6

The soda cans need audio, so players know they are there.
And players need to be able to counter them without relying on team-mates to use molotov, and GL spam when they are hidden in or above doorways.

Basically they need to work like proxy mines in etqw - which were powerful but avoidable.

(Glottis-3D) #7

[QUOTE=Humate;483912]The soda cans need audio, so players know they are there.
And players need to be able to counter them without relying on team-mates to use molotov, and GL spam when they are hidden in or above doorways.

Basically they need to work like proxy mines in etqw - which were powerful but avoidable.[/QUOTE]
nades could solve that.

(shaftz0r) #8

yeah spam counters spam in that scenario. im just shocked that it hasnt been an issue till now. i guess thats the nature of so many mercs.

(Protekt1) #9

They remind me of prox mines from golden eye heheh

I think these should have a short life span of like 5 seconds.

(BomBaKlaK) #10

without nades we don’t have any abilities against mines and sticky mines.
you only can shoot them (really little hit box for sticky mines) and when you put it in the good place it’s almost impossible (except sometimes I dont know why) to avoid them.

Miss nades so much …

(RasteRayzeR) #11

[QUOTE=BomBaKlaK;483937]
you only can shoot them (really little hit box for sticky mines) and when you put it in the good place it’s almost impossible (except sometimes I dont know why) to avoid them. [/QUOTE]

Agreed for stickies, but don’t touch my precious landmines :oppressor:

(chippy) #12

Give the stickies something similar to proxys mines so that they are a bit easier to detect and we’ll be fine.

The damage of them don’t really bother me all that much.

(RasteRayzeR) #13

[QUOTE=chippy;483942]Give the stickies something similar to proxys mines so that they are a bit easier to detect and we’ll be fine.

The damage of them don’t really bother me all that much.[/QUOTE]

Strangely, from the presentation video I though that you needed the 3 stickies to kills someone (which makes sense compared to the mines).

(chippy) #14

As far I’ve noticed, 2 stickies, close to eachother does ~75% damage and 3 most definately will result in a kill. I think it all boils down to how close you set them up. Two stickies right next to eachother could result in a kill but I can’t be sure. I haven’t seen any numbers on this at all so this is just based on feel and assumptions so don’t take it too seriously. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Seanza) #15

I had a dream last night where the sticky bombs actually had to be manually detonated and they had team colours similar to the mines.

It was just a dream though.

(shaftz0r) #16

[QUOTE=Seanza;483947]I had a dream last night where the sticky bombs actually had to be manually detonated and they had team colours similar to the mines.

It was just a dream though.[/QUOTE]

team colors would be nice for sure. even putting an activation time on them like proxies mine would help a little. maybe a small beep every few seconds too or something.

(Protekt1) #17

Maybe they should have a short delay before exploding and an audible BEEP. This separates them from grenades and makes them fairer.

(Nail) #18

so. you guys want hidden weapons to be visible, yah, that makes perfect sense

(INF3RN0) #19

I’d get rid of abilities that kill all together. Mines and stickies should result in debuffs or interrupts. Do that and then give those engies the option to carry a rifle or SMG.

(RasteRayzeR) #20

Mines should be lethal. A one shot just like it is right now, otherwise Proxi becomes completely useless with her low HP. Also if mines cannot kill, then why would grenades be “ok” to kill someone ? A real mine has just as much explosive content than a hand grenade …