3 day auto forfeit limit not working?

(tsondaboy) #1

I have a few games that people haven’t taken a turn for more that 4 days. Has the auto forfeit limit been changed after the latest update? These games should have ended by now.

(Mitsid) #2

Yes, something is wrong. One of my games is now more then 7 days and it has not expired yet :frowning:

(Du-Yaya) #3

Problem seems solved last week, all my expired games ended.

Not properly solved anyway, as of today, i have 5 games overdue.

Thank you for fixing this issue, it used to work beautifully before.

(Du-Yaya) #4

Dear Splash Damage decision makers,

Resources, time and talent had been invested to create this game. Apart from the fact that you were driven by an unconditional love to satisfy the tablet gamer community, the prospect of becoming rich with the zillions of USD spent to purchase Rad Bux was certainly a driving force in the development of this game.

Rad Soldiers is a great free game, the more people play and spend time evaluating their squad, the more people will be interested to play different maps and cherish the hope that one day they will have a bunch of Juan, Kate, Megan and Madame running around in Westminster. One can play hours to get one Madame with one fryer, but to get a whole team of them take months, in order to speed up the process, the only solution is too spend some cash, great business model, congratulations!

Soooo you need a community of dedicated players, a community that will soon wipe out the solo missions and that will spend their time playing online. You know the kind of player whose first reaction in the morning is to check how many games are on his waiting list.

Well, i have less and less games on my waiting list, morning, afternoon and evening included. This has nothing to do with the low number of players available, this is directly linked with your product maintenance team not doing is job. The moment I reach 20 blocked games on this waiting list, how can i play? I’m afraid my dream of having an army of Megan will slowly fade away if i can’t get my daily fix of online games.

Do you realize that you are ruining all the efforts you made the last few years developing your game by demotivating diligent gamers? Why are you not fixing such a trivial issue, or at least communicate on the matter?

With love,

One assiduous soldier.

(Epro-4) #5

Same here. Forfeit limit not working. I have games where almost 2 weeks have passed since an opponents turn and they won’t die. Can’t sign on to any new games. Very frustrating.

(g00n) #6

https://warchest.zendesk.com/home

The more players add a ticket to problem the further the problem is moved up the list they have “to do”
The forum really only helps players understand, give ideas, and occassionally make friends or give feedback to RAD dev

(jonnie1963) #7

same problem. please fix ASAP.

(War_Eagle) #8

I’m having this issue as well. I’ve got a few games that are over 9 days old without a turn being played and i’ve got one that’s over 16 days and counting. There needs to be a way to forfeit outside of the game if we so desire.

(Solara) #9

Playing on the Chrome version.
Currently have over 12 games that are older than 3 days; the oldest ones are 12 days.
Reached limit, on multiple occasions, total game play time has dropped by over 80%.
Sounds like an “intentional” bug to push players into buying new single player maps because they get bored waiting. There are better ways. Want to hear some of those ideas? Fix the 3 day auto-forfeit limit “bug” first.

(War_Eagle) #10

I think that somehow the code was changed from 3 days to 3 weeks for the auto forfeit. Maybe i’m wrong but it’s worth checking out.

(g00n) #11

Isnt 4 days grace?
All my overdue games requests to inactive friends going over 12 days have been deleted

(Solara) #12

Kudos to the Admins! Saw old games deleted within 24 hours of my original post.
I hope this is a long-term solution where old games will be automatically deleted, instead of a labor intensive short-term manual fix for each account.
As promised, some ideas to improve the game play and player spending, see below.

1. Low hanging fruit, add title/insignia to players based on levels. Draw a parallel between the NCO titles given to in-game characters/soldiers, give commissioned officer titles to players based on their level.

2. Leveling reward system improvement. There is currently a max limit, once reached, the player no longer have reward (coin/RAD BUX/abilities) incentives to keep up the game hours. Recommend adding a small daily reward to the game, the reward amount should be based on the level of the player (the higher the level, the higher the rewards), this also gives incentives for players to buy Exp Boosts. The reward will be given only if players sign in, increasing player play time and visits.

3. Create a multi-player ranking system. The demand is already there, some players are doing it themselves, see forum threads. This could be the next big game improvement/upgrade. Consider a monthly (based on current auto-forfeit limits of 4 days) elimination-style (avoids cheating via multiple accounts) tournament, where the players advance via winning multi-player matches. This tournament could be used to promote new maps and characters, where players would want to buy the maps and characters to practice and gain an edge in the tournament. Of course, rewards are needed (besides bragging rights) to motivate the players in this tournament.

4. Longer-term improvements, consider massive multi-player cooperative “wars”, where players choose factions to join and factions gain/lose territories on a grid/map via multi-player games against someone from the opposing factions. The map could be designed to add a even higher strategic depth to this game via choke points. Introduce cheap, single-use armor/weapon boosts, but keep the boost levels low (no more than 5%) to maintain the game’s strategic integrity. Rewards are to be given periodically based on the amount of territories each factions hold or if possible the number of wins each player “contributed” to their faction. This will add another motivation for players to engage in multi-player gaming and increases/enforces player community involvement. The players will also want to improve their character/weapons line-up since their wins/loses will have a bigger impact. The more involved a player is, the more they will invest (time and/or money) into this game.

Enjoy!

(tinker) #13

seems solved

(Domm) #14

[QUOTE=Solara;484579]

1. Create a multi-player ranking system. The demand is already there, some players are doing it themselves, see forum threads. This could be the next big game improvement/upgrade. Consider a monthly (based on current auto-forfeit limits of 4 days) elimination-style (avoids cheating via multiple accounts) tournament, where the players advance via winning multi-player matches. This tournament could be used to promote new maps and characters, where players would want to buy the maps and characters to practice and gain an edge in the tournament. Of course, rewards are needed (besides bragging rights) to motivate the players in this tournament.

2. Longer-term improvements, consider massive multi-player cooperative “wars”, where players choose factions to join and factions gain/lose territories on a grid/map via multi-player games against someone from the opposing factions. The map could be designed to add a even higher strategic depth to this game via choke points. Introduce cheap, single-use armor/weapon boosts, but keep the boost levels low (no more than 5%) to maintain the game’s strategic integrity. Rewards are to be given periodically based on the amount of territories each factions hold or if possible the number of wins each player “contributed” to their faction. This will add another motivation for players to engage in multi-player gaming and increases/enforces player community involvement. The players will also want to improve their character/weapons line-up since their wins/loses will have a bigger impact. The more involved a player is, the more they will invest (time and/or money) into this game.

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

best I have read in a long time!

(Armedmanus) #15

Agreed!!!

(Du-Yaya) #16

[QUOTE=Solara;484579]Kudos to the Admins! Saw old games deleted within 24 hours of my original post.
I hope this is a long-term solution where old games will be automatically deleted, instead of a labor intensive short-term manual fix for each account.
[/QUOTE]

Well it appears the fix is just a short-term solution, i have games older than 4 days reappearing today. Let’s wait another couple of weeks before the list get cleaned again.

The absence of communication from the team on this matter is truly disappointing as well. No feedback after sending a request, no post on the forum, no public announcement, nada, niet, peau d’zob.

(Solara) #17

Using the Chrome Version:

My old games were cleared this morning, 4 calendar days from the last “purge”.

I’m thinking that the System Admins are conducting “purges” every 4 calendar days.
But since the first purge was conducted 4 days ago, and each purge only eliminates games that are older than 4 days, there will be a lag (3 day old games were not purged, which turns into a 7 day game before the next purge in 4 days). If (and ONLY if) the System Admins keep up the 4 day purges, then you’ll no longer see games that are older than 4 days after 2 more cycles (8 more days).

I hope they keep this up! Over 75% of my games were purged today and I was able to spend much more time playing this awesome game.

(Solara) #18

Appreciate the support! If we spread these ideas more, then maybe, just maybe someone from the company will see it.

This will be a great chance at a job promotion if that person takes the initiative and introduce these improvements at the next company meeting. wink wink =)