Nexon blocking payments - in game payment method?

(iwound) #1

Spent 2 hours trying to sort this out re buying nx cash.
i get this.

Due to security reasons, your newly created account cannot charge using this payment method until 12/07/2013. Please use Nexon Game Cards, PaybyCash until then. (Code:51000)

always shows this but the date changes. my account has been live for months.
i used ie
i verified with facebook.
not able to ask nexon as they only accept game related so im posting here.

is this the only way to purchase stuff for extraction?

if it is then i wont be touching the game. im not going to order from the U.S or setup yet another payment method with their choice of providers.

the issue has posts from a couple of years ago.
** is it possible im not able to purchase because the game isnt out yet? <- #1 suspect

a game based on micro transactions has to be easy to use. ie like rad.

(shaftz0r) #2

… why would you give nexon any money? there’s literally no reason for it right now…

(Anti) #3

None of the payment flow for XT with Nexon has been set up yet and there is currently no reason to buy currency for XT, all characters are free.

I’d suggest not investing in Nexon points for XT until there is actually something to buy.

(iwound) #4

i didnt want to actually get some points, just test it. seeing how the patch was taking an hour to download.
sorry for pointing out a possible future problem.

(Brinkman) #5

I tried testing the XT Ice Cream Cone Freezer Adapter (ICCFA). I plugged it in via my computers serial port. But XT acts like it doesn’t exist. Please fix this as soon as possible. It would be great if you could work out these bugs before hand.

(Mustang) #6

User error, try plugging into a USB port instead.

(Brinkman) #7

That got it working, thanks!

(ailmanki) #8

I get this when clicking on ‘Earn Free NX’

Error

Due to suspicious activity, you have been restricted from charging NX via this payment method. You can still use alternate payment methods such as PayByCash or prepaid cards. Please contact Customer Support if you need more information.(Code:50100)

lets see if I ever get a reply from Customer Support