Commander Spotlight

(tinker) #1

THE BEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME*

• my own opinion

Damn right.

and guess what : he/she is medium. the so called “worst” character-size.[although Rick looks more like heavy and Lida like a lightweight]

but what makes this character so damn good. is it his/her good looking? Hidden gadgets under the bullets and bags? Or just that you HAVE to use him anyways?

it’s the adjustable ability. made for each type of gameplay - wether passiv or aggressive , dead or alive.

various abilities like
artillery , bomb of bee - painkillar , and killarpain from a laser beam, crates with HP and energy, cover up and downing ghost

he/she even has a sixth sense and sees Ghosts near him/her

but you missed the best.
he/she comes with an awesome backpack with a cool link pinned on it.

at the moment you have 8 different looks of the commander
and 3 weapons from him/her

Cold Audomatic
hoo-hah AR
Awuga-6-gun

where cold audomatic seems to be the best option for 70% of the squads, you need your energy for your abilties and other characters take more profit from better weapons.

for the abilties Rick got some tips:

some extra things:
don’t think too straight with them.

on different ocasions an abstract use may win you the game:
use health crates to block the enemy.[for example to get the last tick for “take and hold”]
use artillery to push your own character [for example when you can’t push the enemy but need all energy from your character for shooting to kill the foe]
use deploy-o-cover to lock down an enemy soldier [best on sniper, they do low damage on close range and are locked for 1-3 turns]
the painkiller is totally underused right now. a well set crate will turn a soldier into a one-man-army it’s hard to get down 400-600 HP, even with full energy.
Spirit is the most complicated ability, but gives you awesome opportunities.

what’s missing now

more ways to vary the looking of your commander
you cary him/her in each game
having the opportunity to change from medium to light/heavy is probably just changing the whole game. [ I don’t like the idea at all]
but having a “different” for certain maps, mission … maybe a “stationary” commander for some missions/maps would be great

a in-game shop with different little things would probably be the best.
maybe only lookings
maybe some special things that grant LITTLE bonuses for your team
e.g. 5more hp for each soldier
3less damage from explosions
2less damage from shots
5less damage from melees
1 more damage for sniper/soldiers/engis/medics
5% more damage with crits
5%higher crit chance
1 aoe heal / turn //2 radius
20more hp for commander
5more damage from commander
10% increased damage/heal/hp/bonus from commander abilities

the scope is huge

wether they should cost in-game-currency or real money is … dubious
people will probably yell “FREEMIUM” as soon as bonuses cost real money

for lookings, everything from hats, backpacks, shoes, clothings,colors, skincolor, hairstyle , necklaces , rings, maybe even “pets”

so, what do you think?

tired now, maybe I’ll add more within the weekend

(g00n) #2

cannot see your attachments.

1. Spirit needs to go down one point or give double. I hardly use this, pain killer seems better, and at 3pts it really limits options on other abilities
  2. One pain killer just feels not enough, now that art, Grenades etc damage gone up they are easily destroyed before you can use (unless you find a good blindspot so toon can run to it but this reduces it effects waisting to get there rather than moving in onto it to a close position to enemy). If med crates are 4 for price of 2pts. 2 seems best.
  3. Anyone remember 3 concrete blocks heheh miss that, seems fine.
  4. Orbital and Artillery perfect amount and with energy level to use.
  5. Bee bomb is fun, but like spirit I think more players would use if one lower, again it just dosnt give much in option. Same energy use.
  6. Ghost sensor is great, no qualms about ponts and energy use. But I find it annoying that sometimes dosnt work cause of timing it. You still have to wait a round to reveal. If number went down and it was a permanant feature where you set it up to cover an area of map and keep sensoring till destroyed, this would be even better.
  7. you have two light arms (auto cold, agaya) one medium (hoohah). Why not add two melee weapons, another medium or maybe a small arm like smg/shotgun

Commander is a compulsory, it be nice to have feature where you dont need to pick him/her like that of VS AI…could be a feature to those who hit lvel 40 +