It would be great if...

(Hundopercent) #1

a patch was applied sooner than 2 months to tune some of the changes you guys made. The spread seriously needs to be tightened and gunplay needs to be smoother. Feels like I’m shooting a jack hammer.

For me, this is one of the most unenjoyable patches to date. =/

(Rex) #2

I agree that there need to be still improvements on spread and recoil, but with the latest patch the spread got already reduced. So I wonder why this should be the ‘most unenjoyable patches to date’. Have you even tested it long enough?

(shaftz0r) #3

to me, the maps need to handled asap.

(INF3RN0) #4

Is spread actually worse? Most I noticed was having to control recoil more and burst fire on some rifles to make it manageable. I’ve seen more medic 3-5ks than any other prev patches. Jump penalty is my least favorite change on this patch.

(Protekt1) #5

I agree about more spread reductions.

I don’t know how much reduction would be too much.

+more maps

(Rex) #6

[QUOTE=Protekt1;481112]I agree about more spread reductions.

I don’t know how much reduction would be too much.[/QUOTE]

We are far away from ‘too much’…

(BomBaKlaK) #7

Yes far away ! Tighten the spread a bit more can be a good thing. Weapon handling need some tweaks to

And definitely more maps and old ones with some tweaks, with better objectives adjustment.

Maybe more mercs to ?
and be able to select a character between maps ?
or 4 of 5 slots for mercs selection ?

Last thing and not least, optimization is really needed (at some point)

(INF3RN0) #8

Right now I’d say the game rewards the more consistent reflex aimers over the headliners. In that sense the player who instantly locks on a target and stays on target for the duration isn’t going to feel the spread penalty as much, at least for the first couple kills. Headline sweeping or pre-firing into a player is going to backfire quickly. The only problem is that it makes it hard to attain multi-kills after the fact and you usually expend more bullets than needed with the RoF and kill responsiveness. My method for fast consecutive kills in xT has been the logical choice of hip-firing the first 2-3 kills, then switching to IS/secondary to finish the rest. I don’t know if that’s a bad thing or not, but I think this game would benefit greatly if firing modes like burst/tap were viable (not gonna happen without significantly low RoF). There’s a point where having too little spread is going to be bad for this game, because the movement isn’t fast enough or dynamic enough to make it difficult and the headline spray and pray will become quite effective.

(Violator) #9

I disagree with this - in my experience its whoever lands a headshot usually wins (in a 1 on 1 at least). I can plow 20 bodyshot bullets into someone and a single headshot + 2 or 3 body shots will kill me and vice versa.

[QUOTE=INF3RN0;481123]
The only problem is that it makes it hard to attain multi-kills after the fact and you usually expend more bullets than needed with the RoF and kill responsiveness.[/QUOTE]

This I do agree with. If I manage to kill someone I will have expended most of my clip and will usually die right after. Only high-skilled players who can land consecutive head dings will have enough bullets left for sprees generally, which is probably how it should be.

(INF3RN0) #10

I should have clarified that I meant “reflex aimers” as still aiming at the head, but not wasting any bullets beforehand. Some people will prefire into a fight or won’t initially land a headshot, where as what you responded with saying is indeed correct. To an extent I’d say the spread increase over time is benefiting those who land all headshots in their first attempt, which I’ve seen is especially visible on all SMGs. The rifles are more rewarding to a degree that you can actually miss bullets and not be penalized in the same way.

(Hundopercent) #11

Yes. I tested it enough to not want to continue playing. Medium - Long Range battles are now RNG vs skill, the spread is too wild. Anything farther than medium range becomes fuzzy/smeared making it increasingly difficult to distinguish the player from the environment (further effecting aim.) I guess to be a bit more direct, I find LTs/Fragger to be the most inconsistent when it comes to HS outside of CQC. Sawbones is in a better spot now than before. There are many instances where I am watching the tracers literally outline someones head and I die. Maybe I should stop playing on EU? If that’s the case I might as well uninstall the game since limited NA players are invited.

I know it sounds negative but **** I just want to play the game and enjoy it between the maps, movement, and shooting it’s difficult to really get into this game.

(Brinkman) #12

I disagree with this. I feel it’s the opposite. Headline strafing is king right now and I know for sure that they are not really aiming at anything rather than strafing back and forth at the headline. You get more recoil if you actually aim at someone than you would running around like your clothes are on fire.

[QUOTE=Violator;481144]I disagree with this - in my experience its whoever lands a headshot usually wins (in a 1 on 1 at least). I can plow 20 bodyshot bullets into someone and a single headshot + 2 or 3 body shots will kill me and vice versa.
[/QUOTE]

This agree with.

(spookify) #13

[QUOTE=strychzilla;481162]Yes. I tested it enough to not want to continue playing. Medium - Long Range battles are now RNG vs skill, the spread is too wild. Anything farther than medium range becomes fuzzy/smeared making it increasingly difficult to distinguish the player from the environment (further effecting aim.) I guess to be a bit more direct, I find LTs/Fragger to be the most inconsistent when it comes to HS outside of CQC. Sawbones is in a better spot now than before. There are many instances where I am watching the tracers literally outline someones head and I die. Maybe I should stop playing on EU? If that’s the case I might as well uninstall the game since limited NA players are invited.

I know it sounds negative but **** I just want to play the game and enjoy it between the maps, movement, and shooting it’s difficult to really get into this game.[/QUOTE]

I am totally with you… I am getting so frustrated that I am getting headaches and wounding why people are not dieing… I hear the HS beeps then nothing… I am backraging 3 people but cant kill a single one. 8 or 9 hs on 2 or 3 ppl does nothing it feels like.

Reduce spread and reward Headshots…

Fix the sound…

I have no feel on how many bullets I am using or how much damage I am doing… That is key in a FPS… Players need to have a feel…

I also posted in the other forums but no one is there! Asked questions about hit register and lag…

I am getting really sick of playing LOL and want a shooter! But when bullets dont go where I want them to go whats the point…

(BomBaKlaK) #14

Still some massive issues to me :

• RoF to high (lower the RoF and boost a bit damages)
  • Spread to high (still a bit the lottery)
  • Gunplay is still really weird on most weapons.
  • Movement slow down are frustrating and boring at the same time.
  • bored to play with 70 FPS even on a good rig.
  • and most of all Maps are not really fun to play.

waiting next patch

(Hundopercent) #15

[QUOTE=spookify;481173]I am totally with you… I am getting so frustrated that I am getting headaches and wounding why people are not dieing… I hear the HS beeps then nothing… I am backraging 3 people but cant kill a single one. 8 or 9 hs on 2 or 3 ppl does nothing it feels like.

Reduce spread and reward Headshots…

Fix the sound…

I have no feel on how many bullets I am using or how much damage I am doing… That is key in a FPS… Players need to have a feel…

I also posted in the other forums but no one is there! Asked questions about hit register and lag…

I am getting really sick of playing LOL and want a shooter! But when bullets dont go where I want them to go whats the point…[/QUOTE]

Was thinking about playing league again too. =/ I’ll finish my steam sale splurge first before moving to that. Hopefully, they will make it more enjoyable next patch but I see no reason to “test” when they are aware of the map problems and not tweaking hit registration/feedback. Hope this thing doesn’t die before it even launches because at this rate it’s looking grim. =/

(Brinkman) #16

Are the devs still running that in house stats recorder? I’d like to see some results of that please. I imagine the assault rifle is getting the majority of the kills out there due to the pin point accuracy of head shots while strafing. It just doesn’t seem fun when I get 6 hit sounds from an SMG and not drop anyone, yet the assault class can then take me out in a few headshots while strafe dancing.

(shaftz0r) #17

honestly, this is your cfg. i can see people all the way across the map without any issue at all, and i have almost everything turned down. i can give you hand with it if you want (not that we play much anyway)

all of this. ive been feeling this way for a while now. im all over someone hitting almost nothing. if this were quake, all i would hear is lg bolts lighting someone up. instead im in a firefight with someone where a whole clip is used before either one of us dies. thats silly

(Protekt1) #18

Agreed. They could probably start by eliminating all spread and move up from there.

(Rex) #19

Really interesting approach! I think this could have worked.

(Humate) #20

gunplay needs to be smoother

Werd. Needs to be smoother, needs to communicate skill differential better.