Patch Feedback

(Hundopercent) #1

Not familiar with Nexon so I’m posting this here incase they decide to go editing. I also would rather throw shards of salted, limed, glass into my eyes than deal with their forums. They’re appalling to view and use. I can’t even google the Nexon Extraction Forums and get a hit…

Sadly, I find myself still unable to enjoy XT. With this patch I am now unable to break 100 FPS in a 4v4 making it noticeably choppy. The hit scan, detection, feedback, delay, whatever you want to call it is still far below average. I am matching strafes, putting my crosshair dead center on chests (not even bothering with the head), and literally unloading into their chest and getting 0 hits. It’s infuriating enough for me to not even want to log in and play. You need to seriously address these core gameplay mechanics. It’s just awful. I hear hit beeps, multiple hit beeps at times, die and they are running around @ 100% HP. We both have 50 - 70 ping. There is no excuse for this to go on for this long. How can we honestly help you balance the game and tell you what’s wrong when I still have no clue when I am or am not hitting or when I am or not supposed to be hitting. Sorry SD the gunplay/hit feedback is extremely disappointing still, after a year of complaints. =/

Anyway, moving on. I played a lot of Arty and I like him. I like the semi auto rifle feel. The thing is, you can’t give him a semi auto rifle, with the recoil and spread of a fully auto rifle. The fully auto rifle will win every time unless the damage is a 1 shot to the head. I engaged multiple people at medium - long range (the weapons strength) and outlined their body in bullets even though my xhair was on their body. The spread is too much. If you plan on him using ADS a lot that’s fine, give him a reflex site like the engineer because the standard IS in the game I find to be very difficult to use.

I haven’t tested soldiers or snipers because of the 3 merc limit. It’s annoying that I can’t switch at the final scoreboard display.

The recoil on the AR’s feel weird, I’ve played CoD, CS, and BLR all have wicked recoil but it seemed controllable (probably because you move slower.) The recoil for the AR now feels very inconsistent when firing. It will probably just take more practice since I’ve adjusted to a lower sensitivity but for now, feels weird. The increase crouch time has now made combat completely stale. You said that you don’t want this to be a “keep the xhair head level” game but you now have officially just done that with the jump slow down and crouch slowdown.

The movement speed increase is nice. Thank you.

I want to hit one nail on the head here, because it feels like you’re treating us like idiots and to be quite honest it’s upsetting. We clearly, CLEARLY, said that the differences between mercs should be by their ABILITIES. Not because 1 has 75 hp, moves faster, has a shotgun or whatever you believe you thought we said. Don’t go around saying from OUR (testers) feedback you made these changes to the mercs. It was said multiple times, by multiple players, on multiple threads that the abilities need to clearly differentiate the mercs not mere stat changes. It would be appreciated if in the future you don’t try and play us like that.

I played a little bit of proxy and found myself dying extremely fast. 75 hp for 8.5% speed increase isn’t a fair trade off especially since crouching has been slowed down, you can’t juke anymore.

I don’t want to get too much more into it because honestly, I haven’t played in weeks and this could all be because I’m out of shape but meh. There is nothing really drawing me in to get in shape tbh. Thanks for the big patch with all the changes. We know you guys have been busy but I was really hoping for the core of the game to get a nice chunk of changes and it was not touched other than slowing crouch and “bunny jumping.” For Christs sake fix the shooting this is a FPS after all. -_-

(Hundopercent) #2

Can’t edit my post on Nexon forums after 5 minutes have passed. ****en pathetic operation they got over there.

(Protekt1) #3

I played the shotgun medic and I was rather enjoying it. Generally took 2-3 shots… I am noticing the lack of hitreg even more now though tbh than previously. Maybe cause I can play on US servers now as opposed to before.

I’m actually okay with the hp being different per merc. But maybe 75hp is too low for a close ranged merc who is probably going to die before they get into close range. This definitely seems like something risky they are trying and probably won’t stand for long.

I didn’t play too much today cause I finally got hearthstone invite :smiley:

(shaftz0r) #4

i noticed today that in some servers, my reg was amazing, and in other abhorrent. multiple times ive had crosshair directly on someone while they arent moving, and hit literally nothing. ive been in mad strafe firefights and hit everything. there doesnt feel like there’s any consistency to the firefights.

(Ashog) #5

The long game start-up is excruciating, the server browser is slow and uninformative.

The irritating login to nexon forum that requires full email and pw every time and time-outs after an hour or so is just plain stupid. Without cookies and being able to save forum settings, without decent forum features makes me stop posting any feedback. Not worth the time to bother there.
The appalling incapability of their forums is atrocious. A total fail on Nexon side, especially after all of these weeks that passed from the beta launch and because even a school kid could easily set up such a vBulletin board in 1 day.

(INF3RN0) #6

Besides the continual loss of performance I’ve had too (ever since the game suddenly didn’t like my crossfire setup), this patch has a lot of good to it and I like the general direction. And finally a spawn timer yay! (just make it more visible)

I’d like to see more definition still to the mercs and I really want to have some interesting counter ability play across the board. Whether that’s recons capturing turrets/mines or soldiers providing aoe artillery shields, etc. I just think the expansion on the ability counter play from past titles would be a good addition to the game and make for more interesting strategical decisions.

I really like Arty’s rifle make over and am looking forward to more unique upcoming weapon types. As far as the weapon types in general, I still think they could use some more expanding in terms of their type category. I’d like to see all weapons fall into their own niches involving specific variables to master. Just avoid making SMGs inherently weak or too similar to rifles. I’d like to see some more big damage rifles with significant recoil and spread increase over time (CS style), as well as some SMGs with low spread and lot’s of recoil. The gun play feels fine for me, as well as the hit reg. My aims rusty as all hell, but I still manage to get plenty of frags on all pings with my ****e frame rate so I can only expect the experience to improve when I’m able to play more often and I can get a stable 100+ fps again.

The most I noticed is that soldiers may be a bit too beefy. I’d understand the 150hp if everyone was significantly faster, however 120-130hp would be more realistic, or they’d need to be weaker to headshots overall. I didn’t have a problem killing them myself, but the problem is that they are over-empowering at a basic level and the huge HP boost wasn’t needed. I think the best way to deal with the soldier is to keep the 115-120hp and instead make them more immune to body shot damage (kevlar).

I almost feel like the shotgun mercs should be the ones with higher hp, and then have less powerful/more flexible shotguns. I’d rather see a 150hp engie having to blast me more than 1-2 times and being less range restricted (even if it was just the secondary). I also think that proxy should have 2 weak dmg mines with slow effects. The shotgun engy just feels like a gimmicky design that relies too much on luck and requires little thinking to use well. I find no enjoyment using a weapon you don’t need to aim (just get close enough) and having an ability that auto-kills without me even needing to be present. I’m just looking for motivation to want play it myself.

PLEASE make the EV activation range larger also. I still think it has clipping issues too. I’m also a bit curious what’s going to be done with the maps? Waterloo seems to output the most consistently good experiences (though the first obj really needs to have the D balcony closed off up to the MG. Maybe just have one window directly overlooking the spawn point.

(.FROST.) #7

That’s kind of a personal question now, but don’t you have the feeling, that with the current build Arty has somewhat become a completely different character? I mean, now there’s no way you’d intentionally go up against a soldier from up-close. He’s some kind of mid range semi-sniper now, a rear echolon guy who’d not necessarilly engage in the forefront fighting, but just doing his little airstrike tricks from behind and supplying his comrades with ammo. I don’t know, but I kinda don’t like that.

(INF3RN0) #8

Not sure what you mean… he plays fine at close range too, but you have to land your bullets on the dome :tongue: The weapon just isn’t meant for spray and pray, but rather head bursting.

(.FROST.) #9

Ok, maybe for you that’s not a big deal, but for average guys of my skill level, that’s very much a big thing. First they took the grenades, and now the auto-fiering mode, BUT without even balancing it with bullets of higher damage, and/or a mid-range scope. He’s basically a jack of all trades now; but in his case he combines all the drawbacks from the other classes, as opposed to all their virtues.

So if you really want to give yourself a challenge and put everybody else in advance of you, then Arty is definitely the guy you’d want to pick, otherwise it’s RIP Arty.

(Anti) #10

If you can please record reg issues and send us the video. We’re not experiencing it anything like as often as some of you seem to be which makes it hard to track down and fix, or to even know if it’s the same thing. Anything you can provide will help us resolve it.

(n4ts) #11

Anti, I have issues too, well the game does on my pc. Can you tell me how to record, so I can show you these?

(stealth6) #12

http://obsproject.com/

(n4ts) #13

Thanks I’ll try it out

(Smooth) #14

Please try and keep the feedback to the Nexon forum, guys :slight_smile:

http://forum2.nexon.net/showthread.php?1009518-v26021-Patch-Notes

We are looking into the hit-reg issues that are experienced by some when playing over the internet, it may be the case that we need to tweak some values.

(BomBaKlaK) #15

Action against crouchers and bunny hopers, and we don’t have any advanced movement … !
and even with a good rig with a full server I run usually between 40 and 80 FPS all in low that’s just ridiculous …

And this TTK is just a joke …

(Anti) #16

[QUOTE=BomBaKlaK;480189]Action against crouchers and bunny hopers, and we don’t have any advanced movement … !
and even with a good rig with a full server I run usually between 40 and 80 FPS all in low that’s just ridiculous …

And this TTK is just a joke …[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your feedback Bombaklak, we have read it and will be taking it into account.

Could you do me a small favour though and stop spamming ‘+1s’ multiple times in the same threads? The main feedback thread on the Nexon forum is 8 pages long now, I think 2-3 pages are just you :slight_smile:

Whilst it’s great that you want to share your feedback very frequently it makes the threads incredibly hard to read and keep on track. We’d really appreciate it if the feedback could be kept to a few concise posts per thread. Strychzilla and Inferno are good examples of how to get a lot of useful feedback posted whilst keeping threads nicely organised.

Thanks.

(BomBaKlaK) #17

[QUOTE=Anti;480190]Thanks for your feedback Bombaklak, we have read it and will be taking it into account.

Could you do me a small favour though and stop spamming ‘+1s’ multiple times in the same threads? The main feedback thread on the Nexon forum is 8 pages long now, I think 2-3 pages are just you :slight_smile:

Whilst it’s great that you want to share your feedback very frequently it makes the threads incredibly hard to read and keep on track. We’d really appreciate it if the feedback could be kept to a few concise posts per thread. Strychzilla and Inferno are good examples of how to get a lot of useful feedback posted whilst keeping threads nicely organised.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ok ! got it
Massive frustration growing every patch !

(.FROST.) #18

So why don’t you put them in charge?

Sry, couldn’t resist:wink:

(INF3RN0) #19

Low frame rate related imho. It can be very difficult to accurately follow the action when your missing frames. When you have stable performance the game feels incredibly responsive and easy to control from my experience. There does seem to be an issue with spread not resetting when coming out of a jump though, not sure if that was intentional at this point.

(.FROST.) #20

I don’t know if this here is the right place for it or not, but since Inf3rno mentioned, that he feels, that, with a proper amount of frames, the game feels incredibly responsive, I was wondering, if I’m alone with the impression, that the mouse-movement(or rather its results on the screen) still feels incredibly sluggish and spongy? I tried everything to get rid of this annoying delay. I reduced the ingame sense to a bare minimum and tried to regulate the sensitivety through my dpi-settings alone, but the delay was still there. Why is it there, and is that intentional? I played B:AO’s MP and the aim seemed to be leagues more responsive, than in XT; could that actually be? I mean the character movement in B:AO is a whole different story, but the aiming alone feels a 100% like I’d expect it, as opposed to the 95%-98%(at best) we have in XT.

I’d swallow everything if I(we) could get rid of that crappy delay(artificial inertia?). I’d even sacrifice Arty with a smile, if I could get 1:1 responsiveness in this game. And that has nothing to do with frames, since the spongy aim was also there when I had 150fps.

Edit: I changed my perception of the mouse responsiveness from 90%-95% to 95%-98%, wich seems to be more realistic, but still sux imo.