Quick Gaming // Live gaming

(tinker) #1

hey guys
people asked for games with limited time for each turn //5-10mins.
we now have every kind of ladder and tournament running

what we don’t have is a thread for quick and fast games.

what do I mean… people post in this thread
"I want to game NOW. quick games, quick responde. I got 2hours from now on. add me (“in-game-name”). maps : … game invite and I will invite you too. "

something like that.

I hope this works. be honest - if you write you got 2 hours for quick gaming, dont stop it within the first 10 minutes.
AND - be patient. even if you want to answer quick, people might still take 20 minutes to find the perfect move.

(tinker) #2

I make the start

I got 3 hours free time from NOW.

add me (tinker) and send game invites

prefered on Market.

turns may take 5-20 mins but NOT longer right now.

mainly testing new teams

(tinker) #3

again

I got 3 hours free time from NOW

(tinker)

any map, any size

turns take 5-20 mins but NOT longer right now

testing new squads

(Domm) #4

1 hour from now…

Domm

(g00n) #5

how does this work?
Whats the forum GMT time?
for most of the time Im usually a day ahead (+12) so it really hard to work out

(Anonymous--Rex) #6

I took a quick skim around the profile settings to see if there was a time zone setting. Didn’t see any. Anyhow, I according to the discrepancy between this and my clock, the time zone is UTC/GMT. At the very least, it’s this time by default, so if you know your time zone’s offset, you can just do the calculations.

(Domm) #7

Lunch !! Fast game. plz attack now :slight_smile:

Town centere plz

Domm

(Jerry-Rigs) #8

I don’t know how the forum time works but… Does it help to put your GMT offset into you signature line?

(Anonymous--Rex) #9

Why would it? It’s only useful to you.

When a post is made, the time is given at the top. This time is in GMT. Knowing your offset allows you to convert the time the post was made to your time zone. For instance, my offset is also -5. Jerry-Rigs, your last post was at 12:10 GMT. Subtract five hours and the post was made at 7:10, my time. Currently, it’s almost 9:40, for me. Thus, your post was made about two and a half hours ago. :expressionless:

(g00n) #10

I checked it dosnt count daylight savings either :stuck_out_tongue:

(tinker) #11

got 3 hours form now
any map any size

mostly new squads.

(Anonymous--Rex) #12

I’ma get mauled, but I’ll play you. Just sent a friend request to “tinker.”

Also, can’t do 26 yet. Can’t fill out the points, so I had to decline that offer. =/

(Jerry-Rigs) #13

[QUOTE=Anonymous–Rex;480204]Why would it? It’s only useful to you.
[/QUOTE]

When I originally included the offset in my sig line, I was thinking it might give an indication of how long one would have to wait based on “normal” sleep/wake cycles. If someone is on the other side of the world, It is unlikely that will will have a fast turn a round game.

(tinker) #14

thanks for the information again.
could you MAYBE put your sidetalk on some personal messages.?

1hour from now.
any map any size
me is testing new squads

(Anonymous--Rex) #15

Ah, I understand. I hadn’t considered that. It’s sort of outside the scope of this topic, too, so I’ll reserve any further remarks on that.

[QUOTE=tinker;480539]thanks for the information again.
could you MAYBE put your sidetalk on some personal messages.?[/QUOTE]

There’s about five different reasons why that’d be the less desirable for all involved here.

Also, for technicalities, I mean stuff like you standing literally one space outside my firing ranges. That implies how acutely aware of how much energy and such each unit has. I’m still too new to have committed that stuff to memory. It was simply evident to me that you understood my options a lot better than I understood your’s. Really, that’s to be expected, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

(tinker) #16

that’s basic math. ?!
if people on level 20 don’t understand this : lightweight 200hp/12 energy - 1 for walking ;; mid 250hp/14energy - 2 for walking ;; heavy 300hp/18energy - 3 for walking
then you did not pay very much attention to the game mechanics when playing toturial and the missions.

everything else in the game is more or less math. and not multiplying 1200 and 2321 … it’s more like 12 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -3 = ??? 40x3= ??? 250-40x3 =???

it’s like playing a chess-player and saying
WOW - I did not know knight can jump over figures.

30minutes from now. any map any size any squad

(Anonymous--Rex) #17

Evidently none of that is readily apparent. I AM a highly observant person. If I managed to miss it, plenty of people have. And guess what, new chess players DO get surprised by knights jumping. The only thing that routinely prevents that is the knights frequently being opening or near opening moves.

Really, all I’m saying is that it’s evident you’re more experienced with the game than me, and most of the players I’ve played online, too. I don’t really appreciate the insult for such a statement.

(tinker) #18

you say I am more experienced in this game
but you question and fight my statements everywhere in this forum.

why do new players always have to question and correct the veterans of a game? that’s insult too - you know

I am not very much of a chess player. I did play some strategy-games - but far from expert-level

I played this game since canada-[beta]-launch. today the getting-into the game is way easier
and it’s not like I needed more than 30 games to realize what I told above.
if you are interested in something, it’s easy to memorize.

60minutes from now. any map, any size, any squad

(Anonymous--Rex) #19

[QUOTE=tinker;480809]you say I am more experienced in this game
but you question and fight my statements everywhere in this forum.

why do new players always have to question and correct the veterans of a game? that’s insult too - you know[/quote]

Oh please. Only a fool bows his head without a question or thought. If you’ll actually take the time to look, you’ll see that most of our contentions have been concerning chess, game theory, or game design. The only thing that came remotely close discussion about this game’s gameplay has been when I mentioned Favela and melee units. Go take a look at that and you’ll also see that I DID actually bow out to your experience. Your experience is actually far more niche than you seem to think and does not give you clout over all these other topics. Being aware of that isn’t an insult.

Oh, and fyi, if you told me snipers were broken, I’d believe you. If you said this game was conducive to cultivating novice skill, I’d argue tooth and nail. They’re rooted in very different things.

I am not very much of a chess player. I did play some strategy-games - but far from expert-level

You don’t have to be. It was just a bad analogy. It happens, tink. Don’t worry about it.

I played this game since canada-[beta]-launch. today the getting-into the game is way easier
and it’s not like I needed more than 30 games to realize what I told above.
if you are interested in something, it’s easy to memorize.

Different people learn differently. Fact is, some people have trouble memorizing anything. When a game obscures the information like this game does, it only makes things that much harder.

Until yesterday, I thought energy was unit specific. Why? Because I hadn’t intimately used enough units to form that trend. Just because my two medium units had the same energy doesn’t mean it’s anything more than a coincidence.

Oh, and I’ve probably only played around 30 games online. Factor out all the novices who are running some combination of Commander/Dave/Pete/Angela/Fletcher/Tim and I’ve only got about 10 serious games under my belt where I could become familiar with more units. I blew through the single player in a day.

(Hundopercent) #20

[QUOTE=Anonymous–Rex;480811]Oh please. Only a fool bows his head without a question or thought. If you’ll actually take the time to look, you’ll see that most of our contentions have been concerning chess, game theory, or game design. The only thing that came remotely close discussion about this game’s gameplay has been when I mentioned Favela and melee units. Go take a look at that and you’ll also see that I DID actually bow out to your experience. Your experience is actually far more niche than you seem to think and does not give you clout over all these other topics. Being aware of that isn’t an insult.

Oh, and fyi, if you told me snipers were broken, I’d believe you. If you said this game was conducive to cultivating novice skill, I’d argue tooth and nail. They’re rooted in very different things.

You don’t have to be. It was just a bad analogy. It happens, tink. Don’t worry about it.

Different people learn differently. Fact is, some people have trouble memorizing anything. When a game obscures the information like this game does, it only makes things that much harder.

Until yesterday, I thought energy was unit specific. Why? Because I hadn’t intimately used enough units to form that trend. Just because my two medium units had the same energy doesn’t mean it’s anything more than a coincidence.

Oh, and I’ve probably only played around 30 games online. Factor out all the novices who are running some combination of Commander/Dave/Pete/Angela/Fletcher/Tim and I’ve only got about 10 serious games under my belt where I could become familiar with more units. I blew through the single player in a day.[/QUOTE]

You are ruining this thread. Take it to PM please.