Individual merc hand to hand weapons

(Raviolay) #1

I think each merc should have it’s own signature hand weapon that behaves differently dependent on what it is. What I mean by behavior is proxy’s bat is still a knife how about charging it up and swinging it?

Some off the cuff ideas are.

Sawbones has a electric bonesaw that works like a quake gauntlet (quick knife uses defib).
Thunder has a shock baton that a charged heavy attack causes well a shock.
Phantom has a instagib back attack when cloaked with a garrote.
BBQ could have a pointed cattlebrand (with a flame motif) that you can heat up for extra damage.
Aimee could have a ballistic knife like in call of duty.
Valise Could have the throwing knife.
T-rat could have a bowie Kinfe that has extra reach.

Please add more ideas people.

Edit more ideas.

(Glottis-3D) #2

defensive mercs should have more agressive hand-weapons (more rate, more distance)

and maybe even a lunge-attack (ability)? rechargable ofc.

(Volcano) #3

i wouldn’t recommend ever having lunge attacks

(Glottis-3D) #4

how about combined with slides? and ofc not insta-kill like cod, but thowing enemies back?

(DarkangelUK) #5

To be honest I found that quite an annoying mechanic in Brink. The slide for movement I found fine, but the knockdown effect I didn’t care for much.

(Hundopercent) #6

I’ve never found slides to be a terribly fun mechanics. Knockdowns would be infuriating for me.

(Ch4mpixx) #7

sawbones has a tactical nuke

(acutepuppy) #8

I could see slight variations being a lot of fun, as long as each variation was still a go-to for gibbing.

(Protekt1) #9

This could just be a weird label but in shooterengine I saw something labelled throwing knife. Could just be the knife 1 merc uses (like sniper) that has a different model though.

(Nail) #10

there is a throw knife, it was in a video

edit: is/was

(Volcano) #11

the old sniper used to have a throwing knife, you know his old flip out knife that was it

if i remember correctly it was the SVD sniper which at the time was #2

(Protekt1) #12

Heheh yeah I guess that is probably it then.

(Evil-Doer) #13

Some interesting concepts, I’m interested to see what people come up with. :slight_smile:

(Raviolay) #14

Nothing it seems…

(Humate) #15

I guess you could use dota2 mechanics for melee, but since its an FPS there would need to be a cost in using or applying them.

For example, you stun a player with a cricket bat, but you take double the damage during the stun duration if someone shoots at you - so it forces you to be picky about who and when you stun. Strategically this would be used to deal with rambos/lone wolfs, since the counter relies on team-mates to dish out damage to the stunner.

You could also apply similar mechanics like slows or lifesteal with their own cons attached.

just an idea /cough

(Protekt1) #16

[QUOTE=Humate;478289]I guess you could use dota2 mechanics for melee, but since its an FPS there would need to be a cost in using or applying them.

For example, you stun a player with a cricket bat, but you take double the damage during the stun duration if someone shoots at you - so it forces you to be picky about who and when you stun. Strategically this would be used to deal with rambos/lone wolfs, since the counter relies on team-mates to dish out damage to the stunner.

You could also apply similar mechanics like slows or lifesteal with their own cons attached.

just an idea /cough[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I don’t see the need for affects to be applied to weapons or melee weapons… They just turn out to be either too good or not worth using. It also isn’t a very skill based way to add depth.

(Nail) #17

new melee weapon, actually used by military

(DB Genome editor) #18

[QUOTE=Nail;478302]new melee weapon, actually used by military

[/QUOTE]
That would fit nicely on an engie (tool and weapon all in one).

Although on second though for Bushwacker I would see more a machete or kukri, something with a jungle feel to match his name and go with the boonie hat.

(Nail) #19

like this

(Humate) #20

I dont consider melee an action that requires skill, so at least this makes it more interesting.
For mine, its better than simply dying straight up to melee.