PAX Beta Keys

(GIAWOL) #1

So at PAX Prime when I visited the Extraction booth we had been told that we would get closed beta keys for the game. I wrote my email and name and a card they gave me and have been absolutely psyched to play the game. However I still don’t have a beta key. Was the key guaranteed at PAX or was it simply early registration to possibly get a beta key?

I have check both my emails unless I mistakenly used the wrong email but I have nothing from either Nexon or Splash Damage besides the email informing me of the Beta’s pushed back date.

If anyone here could help me with this issue that would be great.:slight_smile:

(TracyJackson) #2

The folks who are already in alpha will be the first wave. Everyone else (including PAX folks, the public, and such) will have to wait for the 2nd wave. I think the next wave of access will arrive in just a few days…after the alpha folks have gone in and tested the water first.

(Tiffany_pls) #3

Same situation. I wasn’t aware there’d be waves of invites, but that’s on my I guess. I can only hope that we get the invites soon 8D

(dodgepong) #4

Before the beta was pushed back, I got this email: http://i.imgur.com/amH8PRf.png

You’ll receive your Beta sign-up code and redemption instructions via email on or before October 1st when closed beta begins and we’ll keep you informed on all the latest EXTRACTION news.

Seems to me like they intended to let PAX people in on day 1 of the beta. Is this no longer the case?

(Nail) #5

[QUOTE=dodgepong;477556]Before the beta was pushed back, I got this email: http://i.imgur.com/amH8PRf.png

Seems to me like they intended to let PAX people in on day 1 of the beta. Is this no longer the case?[/QUOTE]

this is no longer the case as beta moved to the 15th, alphas were always going to be first in to try out new launcher and servers, and invites were

(acekiller345) #6

Beta isnt fully working yet… wait a few days, PAX people will probably get an invite.

(GIAWOL) #7

I just dont understand why the date for closed beta isn’t actually the date in which people get to play the closed beta. Why cause this confusion when you can simply say “hey, closed beta starts October 17th?”

(Nail) #8

some people are in, there will be more ads as the beta progresses

(acekiller345) #9

The Beta has started and people are able to play. But currently, the only people in the Beta are Alpha testers and Founders Pack owners. Additional invites will go out soon

(EightBit) #10

This is exactly the question I have been asking Splash Damage since October 1, when it got delayed. I filled out the card @ PAX and was told we’d be the first ones in the Closed Beta. Then a day after the Closed Beta is live we are left in the dark with no explanation. It’s really annoying they aren’t communicating with us.

(Nail) #11

that’s outrageous, you should demand your money back

(EightBit) #12

Well that took longer than I thought.

(Nail) #13

we fixin it so it be all nice nice for you, K ?

(EightBit) #14

I guess I’m just more upset about being left in the dark from signing up for Closed Beta at PAX. If I could be told when I could help test the game, that would be wonderful. This game was so damn fun! Been waiting since PAX ended! Got my poster on the wall and everything.

(Nail) #15

hey, I don’t got no poster :wink:

we migrated servers, was thought best that the alphas test the migration to separate transition stuff from game stuff, be patient we make it good

(EightBit) #16

[QUOTE=Nail;477897]hey, I don’t got no poster :wink:

we migrated servers, was thought best that the alphas test the migration to separate transition stuff from game stuff, be patient we make it good[/QUOTE]

Are you a developer or just a Founder? Also, any idea when the “next wave” will be sent out?

(TracyJackson) #17

Nail is just a founder (aka alpha tester), hence the triangular icon next to the name. The next wave…well, tbh we don’t know. It should be in a week or so, SD wanted folks to get in quick, but not before we alpha folks test it out a bit first and stress test things.

(m00ie) #18

how different is the closed beta to the last build of the alpha? on a scale of Brink to ET. :stroggbanana:
or is it identical?

Nail not just a founder, he has a reputation beyond repute.

(Ruben0s) #19

They have some server problems right now. If they are fixed the beta invites will go out in waves (so be patient, it’s possible that you’re not in the second wave).

And don’t worry, you will have enough time to play the closed beta if you will get a key, as it will last for months (not like the BF4 beta / demo).

(stealth6) #20

[QUOTE=Ruben0s;477926]They have some server problems right now. If they are fixed the beta invites will go out in waves (so be patient, it’s possible that you’re not in the second wave).

And don’t worry, you will have enough time to play the closed beta if you will get a key, as it will last for months (not like the BF4 beta / demo).[/QUOTE]

Don’t tell me SD are using the name “beta” for an actual beta… :eek: