Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Map rotation (12 maps) Server config?

Re: Map rotation (12 maps) Server config?

No the index.html does not go into the server config. The IPv4 and Port forwarded for the machine running the HTTP server can go in the server config.

1.) So first you setup the HTTP server and link it to a folder/directory to share.
    2.) Let's say this folder is called "pk4 Files".
    Inside "pk4 Files" should be another folder called "base" and the "index.html" file.
    Inside the "base" folder should be custom map pk4s or campaign pk4s.
    3.) You link your ETQW dedicated server to your HTTP server by specifying commands in the ETQW dedicated server. (These commands were shown in step 13 above). The linking is done specifically with the following command but the other two commands in step 13 are needed as well:

net_serverDlBaseURL public_ip:appache_port
    (example: net_serverDlBaseURL 78.984.512.128:80)

Notice how the "public_ip" is the public IPv4 of the machine hosting the HTTP server! Not the dedicated server (unless the HTTP server is being hosted on the SAME machine as the dedicated server)! The "appache_port" is the port you forwarded for the HTTP/Apache server.

The commands in step 13 should be in a server config, but test first test this by running your server, typing in step 13 commands into the ETQW dedicated server, and having other people who don't have the pk4 try to connect and download. If everything works then try using the server config!

Hope this helps!

~Assassin4004

Most Recent Awards:

Comes this into the server.cfg? And for what stands the |*| behind net_serverDlTable

13.) Type the following commands for the ETQW dedicated server:
    net_serverDlTable *
    net_serverDlBaseURL public_ip:appache_port
    (example: net_serverDlBaseURL 78.984.512.128:80)
    net_serverDownload 2
    Can i use an URL for BaseURL too? I have a dedicated server, but the ip is shared with 6 other servers.

The server dont know pk4 files, so i have to add new MIME, but which typ of mime is pk4? Its no audio, image, application ec.

Thank You!
    Last edited by GUFX; 8th Nov 2015 at 19:08.

The asterik (*) behind net_serverDlTable means all.

net_serverDlTable "*" //pak names for which download is provided, seperated by semicolon - use a * to mark all paks

You can use a URL for net_serverDlBaseURL. As specified in my example. Just be sure to use a port number if the http server is not hosting from port 80. It doesn't hurt to always include the port number. The net_serverDlBaseURL points to the folder being shared by the http server. This folder contains a "base" folder with all the pk4s for downloading. For TAW we host from our Bravehardt server. Inside the Custom_Maps folder at the hosting site is a "base" folder and inside the "base" folder are the custom pk4s.

Example: net_serverDlBaseURL "http://bravehardt.com/TAW/Quake_Wars/Custom_Maps/"

I don't really know what you mean by the server don't know the pk4 files...The location where all the pk4s are located is specified on the server. So the server knows where the pk4s are. The * then says that the server allows automatic downloads for all the pk4s that it can find at the net_serverDlBaseURL. When you spawnServer maps/mapname aka start a map on your server. The server launches the pk4. When a client connects to your server, based on the current pk4 being run on your server with the spawnServer command, the client will automatically download the correct pk4.

Therefore you don't need to worry about MIMEs. I have no knowledge with MIMEs but can say I have my own custom server running that hosts custom pk4s.

Most Recent Awards:

Now It looks as if it works :-).
    i7nhk2t6.jpg

2 bots got in honor your names :-). I have yet to play through the entire campaign to have certainty.
    Is the download working for you? Can you please test it?

<--------Berliner Ballerbude --------->

For me all is fine :-))))))
    Last edited by GUFX; 21st Nov 2015 at 21:44.

Yes, it looks like it works. I deleted all copies I previously had of z_campaign_all_vanilla.pk4 and was prompted to download the pk4. I then spawned in your map as a strogg. I was getting a message though about not having the correct version of Punkbuster so I disconnected quickly so I wouldn't get kicked from your server. The warning message I received is below:

*WARNING*: PunkBuster Reports PB Server Running Old Version C1.729

I'm not entirely sure what this means. I think I have the latest version of PunkBuster on my computer, so I think its a problem on the server-side. I think it's saying that the server is running an old version of PunkBuster because it doesn't match the version I'm running. You can always disable PunkBuster via an ETQW dedicated server command:

net_serverPunkbusterEnabled 0

This way when people connect they don't need to go through the hassle of matching their PunkBuster version to your server. I think this may be best because PunkBuster is no longer supporting this game. It was used for anti-cheating but it has been a while since its been used and everything.

BTW I didn't see bots named after me, but I'll look again.

Hope this helps and I'm so glad everything is working now!

~Assassin4004

Most Recent Awards:

PB is not running on my server. I've turned off pb from the beginning. I thought at any rate.
    seta net_serverPunkbusterEnabled "0"
    but in the last part on server.cfg is seen this:
    // PunkBuster
    ////////////////////
    pb_sv_enable

exec pbsv.cfg
    Maybe here should be something else.

On the server, there are 50 bots. If only one bot use your name, the probability is not equal to 100% :-).

Thank You!

Most Recent Awards:

I just joined your server without problems, I get a message asking me if I want to download the file and after a couple of restarts and reconnects I was able to join. I did get kicked though because of the PB issue.

Dr. Funkenstein
    Code:
    fajer, 120m E of Treatment Plant: funk hacks
    ((bh))*MANGINA* Aristotle: ....
    fajer, 120m E of Treatment Plant: i've seen him be a med then a eng
    fajer, 120m E of Treatment Plant: to disarm
    ((bh))*MANGINA* Aristotle, Treatment Plant: thats not a hack
    fajer, GDF Base: i watched funk heal himself then disarm
    fajer, GDF Base: even seen him rocket launch me, then disarm