Can someone help me?

(Raviolay) #1

Just got the game for the excessive sum of six pounds, installed it and I need to someone to point me in the direction of MODS and what I will need. Also the game does not figure out that I should be able to run at high settings. An also seems to run at 60fps whatever I do… (also how do I change the FOV?)

The brief time with it it feels better than this other unreal game I am not playing due to god awful performance.

(Edzio) #2

http://kaszpir.hlds.pl/etqw/mirror/cleandesperado.googlepages.com/quake_wars_cvars.pdf

(Winnie) #3

open console and type :
seta com_unlock_maxFPS “150”
seta com_unlockFPS “1”
seta g_fov “100”

or you can add an exec.cfg in document/etqw/sdnet/your account/base, you can find config here: http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/21714-ETQW-Configs?highlight=config

(Rex) #4

Hey Raviolay, nice that you take a look and if it’s only for comparison. :wink:

The best is to download a config as Winnie already posted, because QW is not really playable on default settings.
(Place the autoexec here: Yourname/MyDocuments/id Software/ETQW/sdnet/yourIngameNick/base)

The only mod you need is Promod, also to play custom maps:

Promod 1.0 download

If you got any further questions, keep them coming!

(Raviolay) #5

What back end things must I do like max packets and such? Are there configs for this already?

EDIT
Also I cant download the punk buster files as I don’t have permission.

(Dthy) #6

I think the max packets you can have is net_maxClientRate 30000 and net_maxRate 30000. No idea about the PB files, god awful thing anyway. If you want unlimited FPS just set com_unlock_maxFPS to 999. PM me if you want me to send my cfg.

(Kl3ppy) #7

[QUOTE=Raviolay;475354]
EDIT
Also I cant download the punk buster files as I don’t have permission.[/QUOTE]

Open the console (press ^) and type pb_security 0
then all needed pb files are downloaded from the server and you can play ETQW without getting kicked.

(Winnie) #8

[QUOTE=Shifty.;475376]Open the console (press ^) and type pb_security 0
then all needed pb files are downloaded from the server and you can play ETQW without getting kicked.[/QUOTE]

or add to your cfg : “pb_security 0”,
I believe per default, open console is ctrl + alt + ² and with this "seta com_allowConsole “1” ", u have just press " ² " for open it

(Dthy) #9

Yeh, on uk Keyboards it’s tilde (`) instead of ² :stuck_out_tongue:

(Kl3ppy) #10

ok, now we have french, germany and uk layout here :smiley:

(Raviolay) #11

[QUOTE=Winnie;475378]or add to your cfg : “pb_security 0”,
I believe per default, open console is ctrl + alt + ² and with this "seta com_allowConsole “1” ", u have just press " ² " for open it[/QUOTE]

I try that and get kicked…

(Winnie) #12

Do you try add “pb_security 0” in your cfg, or type this sentence in console ? maybe try both…
What the message for the kick? pb error or cvar error ?

(Klowd) #13

nojknkjbjjkbnjkbkkjjk