Battlefield 4

(Rex) #1

Downloading Battlefield 4 ermm I mean 3.5 atm, anyone else?

I hope they haven’t removed that you get points for not hitting. Because that was my only point source!

(Kl3ppy) #2

downloaded it and tried to join a server but got stuck in the loading screen …

(stealth6) #3

Me and some friends have downloaded it, but I didn’t get around to trying it yet. Already pre-ordered though.
Apparently suppression is out - yay! But there’s now other stuff that makes your screen shake or something - :frowning:

Probably going to rent a server on release, so looking forward to November.

EDIT: [QUOTE=Shifty.;475173]downloaded it and tried to join a server but got stuck in the loading screen …[/QUOTE]

I overheard my friends playing last night and they said if that happens try again and maximize the screen (instead of leaving it minimized while it loads) and wait.

(Kl3ppy) #4

thx stealth6 that solved it. Just played a round and I have to say it’s horrible. BF3 is much better. Dont know what they thought when they released the beta, it runs really poor …

(stealth6) #5

If you mean runs poor performance wise, then maybe it is / will be solved by updated drivers.

(Kl3ppy) #6

ok, will try latest driver. Is the latest amd beta driver good?

(Rex) #7

Oh good thing you reminded me to update my drivers! Is really required.

(stealth6) #8

I don’t have AMD myself but I heard that AMD made a special API for BF4. Try googling AMD Mantle for more info.
So I guess it should be pretty good yes.

(Kl3ppy) #9

[QUOTE=stealth6;475190]I don’t have AMD myself but I heard that AMD made a special API for BF4. Try googling AMD Mantle for more info.
So I guess it should be pretty good yes.[/QUOTE]

thx again :slight_smile:

(Rex) #10

Overclocked GTX670: 20-90 fps all on low, during action or most of the time unplayable. Never thought I would see so much VRAM (2GB) get used, though BF4 just takes it all. I hope you bought some decent graphics cards, otherwise happy lag! :smiley:

(Mustang) #11

Add me to your friends list would-be assailants: MustangGB

(.FROST.) #12

//youtu.be/amfn-4tDDoo

(Ruben0s) #13

Played it for some time and the game feels weird. I get around 50-90 fps at full hd with all the settings on ultra with my hd 7950.

I already pre-ordered the game a longtime ago. Got the feeling that I shouldn’t have done that when playing the BETA. The first map sucks balls imo and the gameplay feels weird. BF3 feels way better, but we will see when the game gets patched.

(Rex) #14

Epic lag, unplayable for me. :frowning:

(Kl3ppy) #15

I’m MarcoSalamanca :smiley:

(DarkangelUK) #16

Yeah feels like utter ****, doesn’t run well for me at all. Anyway, username DarkangelUK… I like to be consistent.

(stealth6) #17

Name: stealth6666

Took me an hour to get past the loading screen :smiley:
Once in the game the speed is slower than BF3, but I don’t mind since it makes the maps feel bigger and reduces the warping of players. Swapping weapons takes more time too which I don’t like as much, but it’s playable.

Had to laugh when I saw that you get points for EVERYTHING. Missed a player? Here have some spotting and suppression points! :smiley:

Almost forgot to mention performance was laggy so turned everything down to low. Then it was still laggy, but after a minute it was smooth so not sure what’s up with that.

(Ruben0s) #18

//youtu.be/CyCWH8swxkw

Had a good laugh at the end.

//youtu.be/15NJGLuR75o

:stuck_out_tongue:

(H1ghty) #19

Etqw > bf4 :stuck_out_tongue:

(Kl3ppy) #20

tbh, if they get the performance right, BF4 could be a good game.