Rad world cup

(Paul) #1

Text version
Right from the press: the latest world cup for RAD Soldiers! This time featuring 26 Points matches and lots of prizes again! Play along and earn RAD Bux! If you manage to survive the group stage you will be awarded 5 Bux! After that, each round you survive also gives you an additional 3 Bux! And for the ultimate winners we got even more prizes. To earn the title AND get a staggering 250 Bux battle your way to the first place. The second place will receive 125 Rad bux, and the 3rd and 4th place 75 and 25 Bux respectively.

Winners!
SuperNge
Mitsid
Armedmanus
Tinker

:stroggtapir::stroggtapir::stroggtapir::stroggtapir::stroggtapir::stroggtapir::stroggtapir:

(g00n) #2

“Insane amount of prices”
“…and lots of prices”

Prizes

Just a note do you have a world cup that can be an item or at least a virtual one that keeps all the names of winners (so making players Legends-in there own minds :P)
Medals for second etc?

(tinker) #3

awesome paper dude, would buy one :stuck_out_tongue:

subscribed. thanks for the effort already.

with friendly regards
me

(Paul) #4

[QUOTE=g00n;472036]Prizes

Just a note do you have a world cup that can be an item or at least a virtual one that keeps all the names of winners (so making players Legends-in there own minds :P)
Medals for second etc?[/QUOTE]

Epic typo fail :confused: Thanks!

And what do you mean by that last question?

(g00n) #5

It was an idea for world cup placings
Just imagine something like awards/merits with icon to go on the menu like barracks, options etc
have a world cup with date and winners name on
Gold/silver bronze medals and ribbon for those who compete (include date)

(Paul) #6

[QUOTE=g00n;472306]It was an idea for world cup placings
Just imagine something like awards/merits with icon to go on the menu like barracks, options etc
have a world cup with date and winners name on
Gold/silver bronze medals and ribbon for those who compete (include date)[/QUOTE]

Ingame will probably be hard as that would most likely require a change in the gamecode. On TB or maybe on this forums it’ll be possible. I will lobby for it ^^

(Paul) #7

Subscriptions extended by one week - cup will now be announced through SD as well to get some more subscriptions :slight_smile:

(SuperNge) #8

May be 2 week :D. Its better for my time:tongue:

(Hundopercent) #9

So is this starting the 7th?

(KINONEZ21) #10

I would sujest to wait until there are at least 24 players…

(Mitsid) #11

Btw I did not see you registered for the Cup

(Armedmanus) #12

Just a thought:

I really liked playing home @ home games in our side trouney that Ciakgb set up.
Playing the same map twice and both players starting seems to work to keep things fair. (Even on maps that have a clear 1st person advantage)
Can we add this in somehow?

(Hundopercent) #13

I’m hoping Favella and Old Town are not part of the map rotation. Favella is a lockout, Old Town is a stalemate.

(Shiek93) #14

Then why don’t you join? I’ll join if you do!! The cup won’t be the same without the previous runner up!!

Btw why aren’t you accepting challenges anymore?

(tinker) #15

totally understand your point

but : all maps have pros and cons, but actually every map is balanced.

Favela is small, some characters are awesome here, others seem not to be. I tend to say : it is a small map, snipers have a disadvantage. even if, people tend to say snipers are better in general. megan seems to be awesome here: 1 way in, 1 way out… but commander and UAVS detect quite fast as well… and so on …
but in the end everything comes out at ±0. once your in the center, hard to cover. you cant just walk through to it, you gotta find right moment. same counts for the enemy. the first-turner seems to have advantages here… think again!, I had my fastest victory (with killing all enemys) on THIS map, it was in round 3 and the enemy started, I killed 1 unit in the first turn, 1 1/2 in the second and the last 30 hp went down in turn 3… and I did NOT start :slight_smile:

Old Town is also fun. nearly the same as in favela… hard to get to center, hard to take cover here… snipers in advantage… megan has awesome abilities here …
I had a won here with gus and 3x Dee…

the maps are balanced.

(Hundopercent) #16

[QUOTE=tinker;475107]totally understand your point

but : all maps have pros and cons, but actually every map is balanced.

Favela is small, some characters are awesome here, others seem not to be. I tend to say : it is a small map, snipers have a disadvantage. even if, people tend to say snipers are better in general. megan seems to be awesome here: 1 way in, 1 way out… but commander and UAVS detect quite fast as well… and so on …
but in the end everything comes out at ±0. once your in the center, hard to cover. you cant just walk through to it, you gotta find right moment. same counts for the enemy. the first-turner seems to have advantages here… think again!, I had my fastest victory (with killing all enemys) on THIS map, it was in round 3 and the enemy started, I killed 1 unit in the first turn, 1 1/2 in the second and the last 30 hp went down in turn 3… and I did NOT start :slight_smile:

Old Town is also fun. nearly the same as in favela… hard to get to center, hard to take cover here… snipers in advantage… megan has awesome abilities here …
I had a won here with gus and 3x Dee…

the maps are balanced.[/QUOTE]

I’m not saying you can’t win on these maps. I’m just saying if you did the other person ****ed up.

Favella whoever goes first wins period unless he dives into the site carelessly and gets wrecked. Old town is a stalemate. First person to even think about going to the mid will get his face rocked. Me and Mitsid have spent too much time on both of these maps and we both know the outcome 95% of the time.

(tinker) #17

so what, your saying on favella the first wins. I don’t see it that way but Hey… 2 games, everybody wins one game

old town… put one Dee(or more) up your squad and you’ll be quite safe. or just DONT enter the mid…

you shouldnt put your characters on fields where they die 100%, and you should actually see these fields.
being one step ahead on chess is not a plan, it’s kinda a rule… same counts for rad soldiers.

none of these maps is like “2Rooms” (counter-strike) where you have vision on your enemy right when it starts.

beach might just be as much a bad map as the other 2 named ones. you simply can’t move to all cells in range- and this from the very beginning
, sometimes you are save on 1 of 12/7/6 cells, sometimes on all, sometimes on none… predicting this is the hardest thing in games like this.
but I think you should not ban maps just because it’s harder to predict anything

(Hundopercent) #18

[QUOTE=tinker;475115]so what, your saying on favella the first wins. I don’t see it that way but Hey… 2 games, everybody wins one game

old town… put one Dee(or more) up your squad and you’ll be quite safe. or just DONT enter the mid…

you shouldnt put your characters on fields where they die 100%, and you should actually see these fields.
being one step ahead on chess is not a plan, it’s kinda a rule… same counts for rad soldiers.

none of these maps is like “2Rooms” (counter-strike) where you have vision on your enemy right when it starts.

beach might just be as much a bad map as the other 2 named ones. you simply can’t move to all cells in range- and this from the very beginning
, sometimes you are save on 1 of 12/7/6 cells, sometimes on all, sometimes on none… predicting this is the hardest thing in games like this.
but I think you should not ban maps just because it’s harder to predict anything[/QUOTE]

Our strategies are different. For me, the point of the game is to capture the objective. From the sounds of it, if you go first on Favella you won’t even cap. You “strategically” place your commander next to the choke and rotate your sniper 1 - 2 spaces for 15 turns until the other player gets bored and dives in. I’ve played many, many people like that and quite honestly, it’s one of the reasons I stopped playing. I’ve played with Dee plenty, Mitsid can attest to that, his shield is great but nothing comes close to Dave’s versatility. 26p games are all about the first blood and Dave gets you that every time. Dee does not.

As for beach, I agree with you. It’s not much better than Favella or Old Town because of the poor placement of the objective. First to go in, will lose. The difference is that you can take an extreme risk for an extreme reward. You don’t have those options in Favella or Old Town, if you take an extreme risk, you will lose.

(KINONEZ21) #19

I won’t be participating on the tourney, sorry I havn’t summited any turns, I am thinking about new strategies and only playing the CPU.

Stryzilla, I must disagree with you on the Favela issue, I played Favela 3 Times during the last tourney, the only time, I lost was going First against EL-CO, I won twice going second. This is becuase EL-CO is more skilled than I am. The most skilled player can win regardless of the situation.

(Mitsid) #20

I totally support Stryhzilla re Favela. I won it going first even against the great Supernge. The second player has minimum chances. Tinker if you would like, lets make an experiment. I suggest that we play 3 favella 26pt. games me going first.
Taking into account my last experience in the Ciakgb cup, I do not really like the idea of playing every map twice with every opponent. May be it is fair, but it is also very boring :frowning: