Work in Progress

(WL6) #1

Starting working on something this afternoon, based somewhat on Castle Hohenwerfen (used in ‘Where Eagles Dare’).

Basic break out of Dungeon type of thing.

(W0lfMan) #2

Looking good. One thing you might consider: a lot of these castles weren’t built in the 1940s. They were much older and thus might have doors or windows that aren’t perfectly aligned, walls that aren’t quite straight, cracks, and other wear from the centuries of use. They would also be added-on to and changed around, so you might have some wings of the castle that are newer, or places where a doorway or window had been bricked up.

(ronboy) #3

Nice castle design. I agree with Wolfman’s post. There are some maps out there that have castles that look too new and unrealistic. It wouldn’t hurt to add cracks, cobwebs inside the castle, and other cool effects. :cool:

(vicpas) #4

Have this work a title?

(melc_av) #5

Hello WL6
Any news?

(WL6) #6

[QUOTE=melc_av;494566]Hello WL6
Any news?[/QUOTE]

Hey!

Been away for a while, but I’ve been working on a GZdoom mod with a couple of friends… should have a demo out in a month:

(ronboy) #7

[QUOTE=WL6;503176]Hey!

Been away for a while, but I’ve been working on a GZdoom mod with a couple of friends… should have a demo out in a month:

[/QUOTE]

That’s nice, but what about the Rtcw version of this map?

(WL6) #8

That’s not a bad idea at all… :wink:

(skuzzzz) #9

You have a lot of potential for RtCW mapping dude. You should continue to hack away at it! I want to see more of that castle!

(melc_av) #10

Hello WL6,
Any news about project?
Thx

(vicpas) #11

Anything about this project?
(More screens, movies, etc…)

(vicpas) #12

Unhappily many time without news.
I think this project will go to the category of “abandoned projects”

(ronboy) #13

[QUOTE=vicpas;555432]Unhappily many time without news.
I think this project will go to the category of “abandoned projects”[/QUOTE]

I agree. It’s sad to see another project come to a stop. :frowning:

(WL6) #14

Not all projects are abandoned :wink:

I have been busy the past six years working with a team on Blade of Agony for Gzdoom (credited as Doom Juan). That effort will soon be coming to an end with the final release with Chapter 3 this quarter, then I am free to get back into RTCW (something I’ve always wanted to do in the future).

I’ll be primarily interested in level design, would love to work in conjunction with other people who might be interested in a project perhaps.

Please check this teaser trailer for the final release of Blade of Agony!