global stat servers

(NovaPrime) #1

Forgive the question, but I am wondering about the advantages of all the global stat servers. I notice now that we have trackbase.net hosting global stats now, after years of et.splatterladder.com and gametracker.com have been around. Why? Is there any significant advantage of going to one or the other?

(Mateos) #2

It’s interesting server-side on all, and for players only GameTracker IMHO; When you see “top” players disabling the maps where they judge they have a low efficiency, and that some maps are easier to frag than others (Minas Tirith leading), plus it’s on pub servers… Not ETPro players at top. Best players are around 15/16 on these trackers actually.

(stealth6) #3

I haven’t been actively following any of these sites, but from the scraps of information I know I think trackbase is the best site for W:ET (if you like stats).

Why? Trackbase has something you can run on your server which allows TB to see the amount of kills made. SL only tracks XP / min afaik and GT only tracks your accumulated score.

(NovaPrime) #4

And what is that? ET300?

Also, I think SL is the only one that actually allows public viewing without creating an account right? or do they all do this?

(stealth6) #5

Not sure what you mean by public viewing, I can view any server without an account. You need an account if you want to assign your server to your clan etc.

After some browsing on the TB site I see that it is ET 3.00 to get the TSP rating:
http://forum.trackbase.net/threads/2046-ET-3-00-Server
http://filebase.trackbase.net/et/server/et300_README.html

(lol funny that it was so hard to find that info :o I would think it would be under tutorials or something, but it’s hidden away on their forums :smiley: )

(Paul) #6

[QUOTE=stealth6;470627]…

(lol funny that it was so hard to find that info :o I would think it would be under tutorials or something, but it’s hidden away on their forums :smiley: )[/QUOTE]

That is now on the list, THANKS!

(tjimboo) #7

i personaly chose trackbase as its active and creative and always tries to find new stuff for us players and server owners.
So keep up the good work Paul!

(NovaPrime) #8

Ok, so I assume some player stats go to trackbase without et300, as they do with sl and gt?

And does it work the same way with server stats? I know on GT the server has to be claimed first, then stats start uploading. Same with TB?

(Mateos) #9

TB has two ranking systems, one slightly different from SL, and one using ET300. I think GT just tracks cumulative XP.