sry but whitechapel doesnt work

(attack) #1

like written in the headline the first stage is pure spray and spam its nonsens .
i dont like to say it but this map is currently unplayable for me.

(Kiris) #2

I know that this will be off-topic, but I’d just like to say I cringe super hard every time you make a new thread.

(Nail) #3

not everyone has English as a first language

(attack) #4

:slight_smile: well i only want to make sure that it will be read. dont worry this thread will be more than this

(Kiris) #5

That’s not it. I can ignore bad grammar as English isn’t my first language either.
It’s that he fails to capitalize everything. Furthermore, he doesn’t even care enough to use spell-check. How hard is it to download a plugin?
His longer posts also fail to be in paragraph form. All these things are present in all languages, not just English. It’s just not readable.

On top of that, he seems to make threads about every single tiny thing. Even when other threads are already open on this issue. I mean just check the front page, how many crappy threads have been started by attack?

(INF3RN0) #6

Not really necessary… using MG turrets are nothing new lol. That map was just one sided in teamwork.

(attack) #7

ok i start to show you my ideas to improve the map and also show the problems.

ok the spawns are the blue circle for attackers and the red for defenders.

as you will notice the way to the tank over the backline is very long.
i often have the feeling the attackers are faster at the tank then the defenders.

but the main problem is the lila circle .its a bottlenek .you have to past this circle and the only possible ways are the left top and street.

which brings me to for me best way to improve the gameplay .
the key would be size increasement.the yellow markert building have to move more to the side.

also we need a 3rd way ,which i would recommend a tunnel in the height of the street through the buildings from

or

which should end in this area

maybe there

so why these changes.
the biggest problem is that all is to close togehter give the attackers a 3rd way let the fight spread more out and let the defenders to have cover one more way .

increasing the size would be the most drastical but maybe best way .one of the reasons why camden is so
popular .

(RasteRayzeR) #8

I find White chapel to be a great map for drafts. Had a lot of fun in it and there is no “big problem” with it’s design IMO. Just train yourself and get better, this will actually help.

(attack) #9

[QUOTE=Kiris;470414]That’s not it. I can ignore bad grammar as English isn’t my first language either.
It’s that he fails to capitalize everything. Furthermore, he doesn’t even care enough to use spell-check. How hard is it to download a plugin?
His longer posts also fail to be in paragraph form. All these things are present in all languages, not just English. It’s just not readable.

On top of that, he seems to make threads about every single tiny thing. Even when other threads are already open on this issue. I mean just check the front page, how many crappy threads have been started by attack?[/QUOTE]

i dont think that spawnchoice wasnt a bad threadd. even ANti sayd as more he is thinking about it as more he likes it.(if you are to dump to see the problem by yourself than its your fault)
also the mapfile was not a bad question too.
i ask which i think would be helpful.
notice pls that i nearly always give reasons why i think its helpfull or needed.
the thing with the short maptime on trainyard was often a theme in TS.
my LB post was a very long post which cost me much work
maybe im always a little bit overexited ,but atleast i give some feedback ,thats why i wanted to be in this alpha and thats why i got a key from a friend because he know that i with my full heart in smth like this.
so stfu and do smth usefull

(attack) #10

well fact is that one of our team has as attacker ragequit .
this map is you dominate or you fail there is nothing between this.

(RasteRayzeR) #11

[QUOTE=attack;470420]well fact is that one of our team has as attacker ragequit .
this map is you dominate or you fail there is nothing between this.[/QUOTE]

For your teammate that’s not fair from him, I agree. Rage quitters should get a penalty of some sort. But still, it’s the first time in months we have seen such a situation in White Chapel. I have never seen until today a team get whacked up like this (we were on fire ^^). But this does not mean that the map has flaws, that’s why I recommend you playing it more, maybe in a pub context.

(attack) #12

:0 i wonder actually that you think so .
i have the same feeling on pub

i dislike the map totally and im not alone with this :confused:
but maybe i get to old for too much action :smiley:

(INF3RN0) #13

Our teamwork just came together and of course it made it frustrating. I don’t necessarily like the meat grind of the map, but it wasn’t the map’s fault for what happened today. I’d just penalize those who leave mid game by making them a backup player for the next draft.

(attack) #14

well i was the 2nd which went spec because 5v4 was pointless

i dont think your teamwork was the problem its more about the tank dies to the mgs …

the map feels rly not good for me.

(INF3RN0) #15

[QUOTE=attack;470439]well i was the 2nd which went spec because 5v4 was pointless

i dont think your teamwork was the problem its more about the tank dies to the mgs …[/QUOTE]

Every non-super-stacked draft I’ve played never get’s held up on that obj, and it’s too bad we couldn’t play the 2nd half to find out if the same thing would have happened. There were more kills than EV disables really, and Potty was wrecking quite hard that round. Other parts of the map tend to be more of a grind though imo.

(Protekt1) #16

[QUOTE=attack;470419]i dont think that spawnchoice wasnt a bad threadd. even ANti sayd as more he is thinking about it as more he likes it.(if you are to dump to see the problem by yourself than its your fault)
also the mapfile was not a bad question too.
i ask which i think would be helpful.
notice pls that i nearly always give reasons why i think its helpfull or needed.
the thing with the short maptime on trainyard was often a theme in TS.
my LB post was a very long post which cost me much work
maybe im always a little bit overexited ,but atleast i give some feedback ,thats why i wanted to be in this alpha and thats why i got a key from a friend because he know that i with my full heart in smth like this.
so stfu and do smth usefull[/QUOTE]

No offense but he is 100% right. Spell check and capitalizing the first letter of a sentence makes reading a lot easier. You shift key seems to work… so why not make use of it to make communication easier.

(Bloodbite) #17

I don’t quite understand why these threads regarding maps being horribly unworkable never seem to pose the question “maybe it’s us that needs to learn new skills?”

Looking at it from a real world tactical perspective, why would a special ops unit (military, merc, police, whatever)… why would they look at the layout of White Chapel and go “nuh, this just doesn’t work for me, you need to move a building over for us to be able to achieve our objective.”

EV/objective pacing and character balancing is one thing, but as the maps stand, they offer way more tactical choices for both attack and evasion than we are commonly used to in games. This is what is going to set Extraction apart from your average Quake/Cod clone… it’s going to be similar to being a real world spec ops over being a regular grunt. Part of being at that elite level means having the tactical expertise to deal with difficult scenarios with a multitude of options and circumstances.

This is urban guerrilla warfare in a way that I don’t think any other game has properly presented, design wise or conceptually (except maybe the earlier “real” Rainbow 6 games). I’m going to go so far as to say I think the definitive primary skill top players will have in this game will not be team work (I reckon that will become a very important secondary) but tactical adaptation. Like all those intense turning points we’ve had in the past in W:ET, ETQW or whatever else and WE were the ones that completely turned the tide on a stalemate… only that’s going to have to be a constant element when playing amongst a compliment of highly skilled players. Constant in a way that you’ll have to apply that type of know how during every spawn, and at every corner you turn.

I can see having a selection of full proof game plans like in W:ET and ETQW won’t be something to rely on anymore. Valuable to know, yes, but I can see there being a far greater replay life for tactical exploration in this game than, for example, W:ET and RTCW (which many of us know had a LOT of replay value).

If anything I’d like to see more of this. Maps that are unbalanced as far as traditionalist gamer layouts go, with more real world inconveniences along the way… so long as the defense points such as barricades and spawn points are also realistic in that they are the absolute optimal points for choke and hold maneuvers.

I’d like this to turn into the first FPS that really forces everyone to think laterally while playing, all the time.

(1-800-NOTHING) #18

personally i’d settle for maps that are actually fun to play.

(Bloodbite) #19

yeah but you have to define ‘fun’.

I think it’s a fair assumption to say we’ve all considered both the teamwork aspect as well as that sense of achievement from, objective to objective, to be what made the ET games ‘fun’.

(Seanza) #20

I don’t wanna be that guy, but in the real world, spec ops would probably choose not to engage in battle at a location they didn’t find favourable.