Ways to monetize the game: The third finger pack.

(Falcon.PL) #1

The ability to show the third finger to your enemy! $10 pack binding the special function to “F” button. The pack should also have automatic aim when you’re dead, so it always points towards the enemy who just killed you, until you tap-out.

The other idea’s that have came to my mind is the TeaBag pack($20) with real tea bags, and some elegant animations. I believe there will be demand for that one too.

Third thing is voice-chat options with the most popular online gaming phrases. :wink:

All three are superior to instant unlock of mercs through payment, since the latter is temporarily changing odds for all the newcomers, while the third finger or teabag only expresses feelings, and doesn’t impact balance severely.

Have a good day! :slight_smile:

(Kl3ppy) #2

Some voice packs (African WarLord, Angry German, American Southern Style etc) for 10$ each pack. Would buy some of them :smiley:

(Sheza) #3

You really think people are going to pay that much for a subtle third finger animation on an enemy that has since moved on?

(CptFancyPants) #4

Honestly, I’m constantly surprised at what people will pay for in F2P games. So, were something like this to be added I’m sure that it would sell. Being new to the game and forums, I guess the question would be is this something we want to present to other players as the community and game grows?

Not that I’m judging, Ravaged (as dead as it is now) has this feature built in and I bound that ish to my mouse button for quick access. There is certainly something satisfying about it.

(acQu) #5

Just sayin :rolleyes:

EDIT scratches his head on african warlord That one from CoD? :smiley:

(Kl3ppy) #6

[QUOTE=acQu;468165]http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101130154033AAqVOld

Just sayin :rolleyes:

EDIT scratches his head on african warlord That one from CoD? :D[/QUOTE]

Dont worry, I’m german :wink:

I want some voice like this:

(Rex) #7

[QUOTE=Falcon.PL;467501]The ability to show the third finger to your enemy! $10 pack binding the special function to “F” button. The pack should also have automatic aim when you’re dead, so it always points towards the enemy who just killed you, until you tap-out.

The other idea’s that have came to my mind is the TeaBag pack($20) with real tea bags, and some elegant animations. I believe there will be demand for that one too.

Third thing is voice-chat options with the most popular online gaming phrases. :wink:

All three are superior to instant unlock of mercs through payment, since the latter is temporarily changing odds for all the newcomers, while the third finger or teabag only expresses feelings, and doesn’t impact balance severely.

Have a good day! :)[/QUOTE]

You would be the only one who would pay for this sh!t.

(acQu) #8

I would totally buy dem teabags though :smiley:

(Rex) #9

For 20$? :eek:

(potty200) #10

Love these posts :slight_smile:

Keep 'em coming! :smiley:

(romeohooper) #11

There are those who like to try out new things that come out in market which they feel only they should have and no one else. So when the game releases new pack they are the first to buy it.

(Falcon.PL) #12

Are you asking seriously mate? The reality around us says plainly - people buy such stuff on daily basis, and in tons too - yes, objectively we buy lots of “useless” goods, mostly because of marketing manipulation which tells us we want something while we don’t really. Notice where from comes the money Google earns - it’s advertisement, and it really does miracles. So if you sell right, you can sell **** for a good price(it was actually the case in history ppl were literally buying a poo “of famous persons” whose for real though… I would not be so sure, especially since it was generally long after those famous ppl died. Poo in a jar - no problem, $150. And you doubt the success of the third finger pack at $10.

In the matter of fact players often buy even less productive things(like skins) than the third finger pack, which allows you to show off your emotions in certain situations. For most people it’s not a subtle sign, it’s actually very aggressive. Off course at school time it’s probably quite abused and so it loses it’s charge, but later on people rarely use that anymore - the less used, the more meaningful it becomes! And it’s quite true that a human being feels better when he or she can express their emotions rather than get stuck without means of doing so. It is a considerable force, and it does push ppl to action. Many would buy the third finger pack, as well as many would buy the teabag pack, both are fun while they doesn’t impact balance much, which is very important problem to solve when we talk about Extraction. In the newest Counter-Strike you can buy weapon skins. They does “nothing”, yet people buy. You see?

So, do I really think people would buy it? Yes, entirely. I tell you more: There is a famous business-plan, that I’m sure you have heard of - you buy some case and little lamp, you pay say $10 to get all parts to assembly a final product, and then you call the product a “healing lamp” setting a price on $1000. People really buy the thing, all around the world, and you ask me if somebody would buy a third finger pack for $10? Hell yes!

Why might you buy a third finger pack? It’s all in your head, it does not matter how “real” it is, there is no objective “real” usage value.

Wraping it up: Since such packs might add real fun to the game without ruining balance - it’s better than selling unlockables like “roles” or “mercs”.

(Sheza) #13

[QUOTE=Falcon.PL;468337]Are you asking seriously mate? The reality around us says plainly - people buy such stuff on daily basis, and in tons too - yes, objectively we buy lots of “useless” goods, mostly because of marketing manipulation which tells us we want something while we don’t really. Notice where from comes the money Google earns - it’s advertisement, and it really does miracles. So if you sell right, you can sell **** for a good price(it was actually the case in history ppl were literally buying a poo “of famous persons” whose for real though… I would not be so sure, especially since it was generally long after those famous ppl died. Poo in a jar - no problem, $150. And you doubt the success of the third finger pack at $10.

In the matter of fact players often buy even less productive things(like skins) than the third finger pack, which allows you to show off your emotions in certain situations. For most people it’s not a subtle sign, it’s actually very aggressive. Off course at school time it’s probably quite abused and so it loses it’s charge, but later on people rarely use that anymore - the less used, the more meaningful it becomes! And it’s quite true that a human being feels better when he or she can express their emotions rather than get stuck without means of doing so. It is a considerable force, and it does push ppl to action. Many would buy the third finger pack, as well as many would buy the teabag pack, both are fun while they doesn’t impact balance much, which is very important problem to solve when we talk about Extraction. In the newest Counter-Strike you can buy weapon skins. They does “nothing”, yet people buy. You see?

So, do I really think people would buy it? Yes, entirely. I tell you more: There is a famous business-plan, that I’m sure you have heard of - you buy some case and little lamp, you pay say $10 to get all parts to assembly a final product, and then you call the product a “healing lamp” setting a price on $1000. People really buy the thing, all around the world, and you ask me if somebody would buy a third finger pack for $10? Hell yes!

Why might you buy a third finger pack? It’s all in your head, it does not matter how “real” it is, there is no objective “real” usage value.

Wraping it up: Since such packs might add real fun to the game without ruining balance - it’s better than selling unlockables like “roles” or “mercs”.[/QUOTE]
tl;dr Okay I read all of it now.

I know how Free 2 Play games work, arguably more than anyone on these forums. I agree, now. People would buy after-death emotions. But they won’t be the most popular option.

You need to understand that the majority of players will not be SD fans. This is the reach that NEXON has when launching a new game. Free 2 Play players will be there to look for an FPS game that they can win by paying.

Also Nexon gets more money by getting the age rating for their games as low as possible, so I’m not sure if such animations would be allowed in.

(Falcon.PL) #14

[QUOTE=Sheza;468519]tl;dr Okay I read all of it now.

I know how Free 2 Play games work, arguably more than anyone on these forums. I agree, now. People would buy after-death emotions. But they won’t be the most popular option.

You need to understand that the majority of players will not be SD fans. This is the reach that NEXON has when launching a new game. Free 2 Play players will be there to look for an FPS game that they can win by paying.

Also Nexon gets more money by getting the age rating for their games as low as possible, so I’m not sure if such animations would be allowed in.[/QUOTE]

I accept the age rating argument. Not that I’m too happy with the vision though. And to clarify further on - I didn’t mean just afterLife emotions, you’d be able to run with the finger on it’s post all the time!

About majority of ppl - the majority will buy nothing anyway. And the younger the audience - the better for the third finger pack’s from demand point of view. And the rating… When I think about it again… why, kids will download and click “I’m 18+” without hesitation, then they will say like “mom, I must buy this awesome classical novel online :((”. “What is the title Honey?” “It’s The Third Musketeer, Mom”

(Sheza) #15

[QUOTE=Falcon.PL;468591]I accept the age rating argument. Not that I’m too happy with the vision though. And to clarify further on - I didn’t mean just afterLife emotions, you’d be able to run with the finger on it’s post all the time!

About majority of ppl - the majority will buy nothing anyway. And the younger the audience - the better for the third finger pack’s from demand point of view. And the rating… When I think about it again… why, kids will download and click “I’m 18+” without hesitation, then they will say like “mom, I must buy this awesome classical novel online :((”. “What is the title Honey?” “It’s The Third Musketeer, Mom”[/QUOTE]
Aye, but Nexon considers themselves an ethical company, I’m sure.

They wouldn’t rate the game at 18+ if they could help it, because even though kids bypass it, it still presents a theoretical loss of revenue.
And if they did rate the game younger, they couldn’t add in such an item. Possibly, I dunno what the rating laws are for ESRB.

(Mustang) #16

Making it 18+ will make the kids want it even more, thus selling more and keeping us gore fans happy at the same time.

(Sheza) #17

You don’t get it.

(Mustang) #18

Excellent counter-argument. :tongue: