Parachute spawn...

(RayBan) #1

KeMoN pm’d me about something like this, and yes… I did make an addition to beach et ( blah… ) where allies can spawn in the skies and float down to the beach in a parachute… It worked… but I’m like 3 broken drives in since those days… I can try to make parachuting from a spawn again… but… I have forgot a lot so let me try to catch up on things current, ok? seriously… a pickle… is just a pickle… =P

(Mateos) #2

Time doesn’t matter, this will be cool anyway! :slight_smile:

(stealth6) #3

There was a really cool guy that made an objective that parachutes from the sky:
http://magics-territory.com/files/wet/prefabs/prefabs.html

Maybe that’s an interesting place to start?

(IRATA) #4

Have a look at http://ujeclan.com/mapshtml/UJE_01_vip.html last axis spawn - it’s all in. Parachute model is from Degeneration and I don’t think UJE Niek will complain if you copy&paste some parts see ‘models’ path of map :wink: Just write him a mail.

(stealth6) #5

I think that map is made by C not Niek?

(RayBan) #6

I will always be a fan of the UJE maps… one of my fav maps i loved to see come round in rotation was a UJE map… a great clan, with a great mapper in their corner. =)

(IRATA) #7

stealth6, of course you’re right (and RayBan as well :P). Finally it doesn’t change the situation they are both pretty cooperative.

(Teuthis) #8

Just stumbled over this while sitting at the beach with cocktail.

Is there an available prefab where player spawn in the sky and come down by parachut? Did I understand this correctly that this has been done in this UJE map?

(WuTangH) #9

On UJE VIP map you dont exactly “spawn as parachute”… You spawn normally as on every map, but you can enter a place that will teleport you to other part of map as parachute man coming from sky.

(Teuthis) #10

Understand. If I understand the initial post by RayBan correct he had this working. Think this would be totally awesome. If someone has a prefab I would appreciate a note.

Thanks a lot

(twt_thunder) #11

this must be possible to achive, cant you tag Raybans prefab to player instead of object?

(Teuthis) #12

Don’t think it’s that easy. In RayBans chute test2 there the box is a script_mover if I’m not mistaken. Technically I guess it must be possible, similar to having a tank as script mover that has a player attached to the mounted MG.

Not sure if I’m smart enough to make such a prefab but it would be totally awesome.

Maybe the UJE folks here have some experience they can share?

(MrWolfster) #13

I don’t know if you could use this, Teuthis, it’s from RtCW Denegeration and called, “paraspawns”. Here’s a couple of screenshots:

Here’s a video with the paraspawns in action, scroll to the 1 minute mark to view them:

//youtu.be/aYVJVsBJaMY

And here’s the RtCW Degeneration ModDB page:

Just click the download section.

(MrWolfster) #14

I’ll try and post this again, it didn’t appear the first time, I have no idea why. I don’t know if you could use this, Teuthis, it’s from RtCW Denegeration and called, “paraspawns”. Here’s a couple of screenshots:

Here’s a video with the paraspawns in action, scroll to the 1 minute mark to view them:

//youtu.be/aYVJVsBJaMY

(Teuthis) #15

This might work. Last two posts in this thread

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/16858-Scripting-Challenge/page2?highlight=Parachut

(webDogster) #16

[B]I don’t know if you could use this, Teuthis, it’s from RtCW Denegeration and called, “paraspawns”. Here’s a couple of screenshots:

//youtu.be/aYVJVsBJaMY

regards Dogster[/B]

(stealth6) #17

Looking at the video of that mod I don’t think it will work in ET. Looks like his z movement is slowed, but he can still change direction so I think it’s something coded in the mod.

It did remind me of a map though shield-b1
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/17225-new-map-shield-b1

In this map you can activate a personal shield that follows you around. It had a side effect of slowing you down when you fall which you can see in this video: https://youtu.be/MAOPKE1DLqg?t=2m24s

Maybe it’s possible to combine this (replace the shield with just a clip platform under your feet) with attaching the parachute model to the player? Then you have a parachute you can steer that breaks you’re fall. Definitely not the easiest solution though.

I think the one made by UJE is just a script_mover where you can’t move and slowly moves you down. This is probably easier to achieve, but then the route is fixed.

But no prefabs though. :smiley:

(KeMoN) #18

Unfortunately stealth6 is right. This needs coding on the game/engine side.
For now you have to stick to the UJE solution, but as always, ET: Legacy has your back! We’ll see to what extend mappers are willing to break compatibility to have new concepts and innovative ideas in maps. There are a bunch of features planned and already implemented for mappers to use, but maps with them will always break compatibility to vanilla ET.

I wouldn’t suggest to use the shield technique for spawns because it is simply overkill.

Cheers

(stealth6) #19

Oh I didn’t realise it was for spawns, then yeah I don’t even think this idea would be feasible with script_movers :confused:

(Teuthis) #20

Thank you all. Will check the script_mover solution. I don’t mind if the path is not changable. Has to be a short flight anyway since it’s getting boring otherwise plus a disadvantage. Likely need 2 secnds respawn time then if the flight is 8-10 sec.

Anyhow, likely a nice eye candy in a map…